ride services from Piraeus port to airport

shen61

Looking into using one of the ride services to get from the port to airport. What are thoughts on Welcome Pickups or George's taxi?

I see that there are some tour options with these services. Don't necessarily need to spend alot of time at Acropolis. Want to see it but don't necessarily want to walk it all..

If we just book transfer without 'tour' will we still see some of the city?

Our flight times are flexible - going to Santorini and there are several options. 

thanks

If you look around the board, George's is mentioned here quite frequently. There is also TJ's mentioned here frequently as well.

I think Welcome Pickups is a little less known.

4 hours ago, shen61 said:

If we just book transfer without 'tour' will we still see some of the city?

No or very little. It will take the direct route to the airport. Check georgestaxi.com for their offerings or email them for tour suggestions. 

I had to cancel a Welcome Pickups ride since I missed a connection. They refused to refund my money even though I rebooked the ride for a later arrival.

There are also taxis, at the port, and any of them are happy to do airport transfers.  No reservations (or deposits) necessary.  Just walk up to any taxi, ask them their price, and away you go.

Hank

2 hours ago, little britain said:

Dozens of cabs at the port. No need to waste time looking for your pre booked driver amongst the throng. Get in cab and go. 

I think the OP is looking for a tour of Athens on the way to the airport. In that case it is best to book a transfer that includes a tour.