Current Policy on Price Drop?

Lynda S

Does anyone know what Azamara's current policy on a significant price drop is if it is before my final payment still?

Thanks in advance!

call your TA (or Azamara, if you booked directly).  We called to check on the price of an already booked reservation and our price was lowered by almost 50% (we're still not sure how that was done...but we're not arguing).

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

My experience is that there is no price adjustment after final payment.  On my last cruise, in January,  the price at time of boarding was half of what I had paid. When I asked for any kind of adjustment, my TA , and then I, on board, were flatly turned down. I was not even offered a small bone, like upgraded beverage package or... anything.  

1 minute ago, java spot said:

My experience is that there is no price adjustment after final payment.  On my last cruise, in January,  the price at time of boarding was half of what I had paid. When I asked for any kind of adjustment, my TA , and then I, on board, were flatly turned down. I was not even offered a small bone, like upgraded beverage package or... anything.  

OP stated "before final payment". 

• Like 1

Friends have had their cruise repriced twice for significant savings.  Just beware that if you have a b2b cruise and the price drop is a new promotion you’ll lose any perks or promotions you had on both cruises.  I hope Azamara will do something to fix this.

1 hour ago, laurieb said:

Friends have had their cruise repriced twice for significant savings.  Just beware that if you have a b2b cruise and the price drop is a new promotion you’ll lose any perks or promotions you had on both cruises.  I hope Azamara will do something to fix this.

But not if you live in the UK

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Grandma Cruising said:

But not if you live in the UK

Equalising cancellation and repricing terms and conditions globally should be on the CEOs to do list in due course. It causes so much confusion agents make mistakes (imagine all the training and call scripts she could shred in one fell swoop) 

• Like 1

Adding to the to-do list...

When one books excursions on board for a future cruise, the 10% discount cannot be applied direct. The Excursions staff issue a letter which one has to present to staff on the later cruise so that they can initiate the refund! 🤦

Just now, blag said:

Adding to the to-do list...

When one books excursions on board for a future cruise, the 10% discount cannot be applied direct. The Excursions staff issue a letter which one has to present to staff on the later cruise so that they can initiate the refund! 🤦

That’s a fair point. However I know from communication with the Head of Land Discoveries that is a software issue the correction of which was already being scheduled for a software update. Whether it’s in the Summer 2024 update I do not know but as you will be able pay for excursions without calling in following that update it may well be. 
We should really carryover these discussions to the thread about the CEO webinar. 😃

• Like 2

On 5/18/2024 at 7:25 PM, Lynda S said:

Does anyone know what Azamara's current policy on a significant price drop is if it is before my final payment still?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Linda, did you get an answer?  Did you get your cabin repriced? 

I asked about this too, on upgrading our cabin, and was told that I'd lose all of my OBC.  Maybe I talked to the wrong person...

5 hours ago, Curlyjo said:

Hi Linda, did you get an answer?  Did you get your cabin repriced? 

I asked about this too, on upgrading our cabin, and was told that I'd lose all of my OBC.  Maybe I talked to the wrong person...

Hi Joanne,

For sure bothof our cruises went down in price, my TA was able to save us a bundle of money!  Our OBC did change a bit, but not by much overall.  And we did lose the wi-fi for one as well as the ultimate drink package on the cruise to Capetown - but that's OK, we still have plenty of OBC for the wifi and to cover the ultimate drink package should Jim feel the need (I don't drink at all, so I won't miss it).  I am pleased as punch though with the price decrease. I'll email you.  🙂

Just last month, a Future Cruise rep onboard told me that a price change can be done, while keeping the benefits of booking onboard, just once before final payment. After that, the cruise can be repriced but as a new booking, losing the onboard booking benefits. 

2 hours ago, avw said:

Just last month, a Future Cruise rep onboard told me that a price change can be done, while keeping the benefits of booking onboard, just once before final payment. After that, the cruise can be repriced but as a new booking, losing the onboard booking benefits. 

I think this applies to cruises booked onboard, rather than being a general ruling.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

I think this applies to cruises booked onboard, rather than being a general ruling.

That is probably correct, I did get the price drop, I lost our original benefits but gained some new ones - it worked out great though!

• Like 1