New U.K. Call Centre

Riocca

Indeed.  I am sure the travel community will really welcome this move which is the right step to take.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

This is good news indeed. Now if they could bring back Richard Twynam or someone similar it would be even more complete. I've felt rather isolated from Azamara since he left the post. 

Phil 

Agreed, U.K. customers certainly felt more connected to Azamara during those days.

Since the pandemic and the problems we had with U.K. travel agents we have booked direct with Azamara and while we’ve had good service from the staff in Wichita I feel that U.K. customers would benefit from having a single point of contact to deal with any issues.  The U.K. travel trade has a good network of support many of them date back to the days of Richard Twynam, so a Director of Customer Services who would be available to all U.K. customers would be a welcome addition.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, john1970 said:

Very welcome news. Now I wonder if I will ever receive emails from them again!!!

We have email problems as well I am in contact with Erin O’Donnell and apparently we are on the email list and emails are being sent but Outlook are bouncing them back as spam. I’ve checked my email account and there’s nothing blocking Azamara emails in fact they’re on the safe senders list so it’s a bit of a mystery at the moment.

On the original subject I’ve just phoned Azamara to get a price for a cruise and obviously got through to the new call centre, zero waiting time but obviously not used to talking to direct customers. I think a little patience may be required initially but I’m sure they will get it sorted out eventually.

• Like 2

I called this morning to book a couple of shore excursions. Call answered very quickly and when I asked where she was , she replied Welwyn Garden City.  Thats the first time in years Ive spoken to a UK based representative. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, combine said:

I called this morning to book a couple of shore excursions. Call answered very quickly and when I asked where she was , she replied Welwyn Garden City.  Thats the first time in years Ive spoken to a UK based representative. 

I spoke to that office a few months ago to book a cruise and was incredulous at the agent on the phone. Totally unprofessional. A couple of further interactions with the WGC office didn't help. Hopefully they are starting to get a grip now. Sounds like it. 

Phil 

• Like 2

I spoke with the UK Call Centre yesterday in order to book Shore Excursions with OBC.

Call answered immediately, spoke with Becky, new to Azamara.  She has had two weeks intensive training and is working from the centre in Welwyn Garden City.

I had actually booked a transfer online for the end of our cruise in September.  Then tried to book a shore excursion but wasn't sure if it had worked hence the phone call.

Becky confirmed my transfer was booked and also the excursion was booked.  She then booked a further two excursions for me.  The system was a little slow but she was calm and helpful.  I asked her to confirm that we could use our combined B2B OBC on either cruise.  She enlisted help from her senior colleague who had worked for Azamara for one year,  and it  was confirmed.

I had previously read this on CC but was pleased to get direct confirmation.

All in all a pleasant experience.  Well done Azamara. 

• Like 8

On 5/24/2024 at 4:50 PM, john1970 said:

Very welcome news. Now I wonder if I will ever receive emails from them again!!!

My email problem has been resolved by adding news@email.azamara.com to my safe senders list and safe mailing list. Adding this address to contacts may als have the same effect, just need to make sure it’s not on your blocked list as well.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Riocca said:

My email problem has been resolved by adding news@email.azamara.com to my safe senders list and safe mailing list. Adding this address to contacts may als have the same effect, just need to make sure it’s not on your blocked list as well.

Did the same yesterday.  Erin O'Donnell stayed the course to find the solution.

• Like 3