Can you change your dining time onboard?

My in-laws will be cruising with us in a week. They are listed as atd and wait list for early dining.

at this point,  we will have to ask the md for a change to early dining. 
If he declines, can I then ask to change mine to atd using diamond perk?

Note we would prefer the early dining.

Thanks 

You would ask ASAP after boarding. If there isn't space available, there isn't space available.

There is no Diamond perk that covers what you are asking.

• Guaranteed seating time requested in Main Dining Room for dinner only. Seating requests must be made at time of booking in order to receive Benefit. Applies only to seating time assignment request. Does not apply to wait time when "Your Time Seating" is requested. 
  • Like 2

Ditto to what is said above. That said, I'd be stunned if the Maitre D can't squeeze a lone Diamond couple into YTD to facilitate dining with a linked couple already similarly assigned. As Blerk said, first thing once you board. Good luck.

For those saying to do it FIRST thing you board. He/ She will be available at a certain time to make requests. They aren't available at 11/12 o'clock. Usually around 1pm. 

• Like 1

Early Dining is typically unable to accommodate more cruisers once onboard, it gets to be full. But you can always ask the maitre'd once onboard.

Link your booking to theirs as traveling companions. Then contact the Diamond Desk 3 or 4 days out and make a special request. I'm sure that you'll get the table or time that you request. 

5 hours ago, stevethepirate said:

Link your booking to theirs as traveling companions. Then contact the Diamond Desk 3 or 4 days out and make a special request. I'm sure that you'll get the table or time that you request. 

2 hours ago, jedi bobs said:

You can also try to contact John Heald.

Neither can overrule the Maître

Today I called the diamond desk. They checked for openings in the mdr first and then was able to make the changes I needed. I guess that if it was full, I would have to see the md.

Thanks for the advice 

• Like 1

On 5/23/2024 at 12:33 PM, geovet said:

My in-laws will be cruising with us in a week. They are listed as atd and wait list for early dining.

at this point,  we will have to ask the md for a change to early dining. 
If he declines, can I then ask to change mine to atd using diamond perk?

Note we would prefer the early dining.

Thanks 

You can ask while on board, but there’s no guarantee there will be room in Early Dining. You would be better off changing yours now to YTD (Your Time Dining, which is what Carnival calls it; Anytime Dining is a different cruise line). At least that way you guys will be guaranteed to eat together. You can always check in at 5:30 and will likely be seated by 6:00 anyway.