Help with getting to port

We’re on the July 7th sailing on Wonder of the seas and was able to snag a 10:30 boarding time. I have a car booked with National one way from MCO to Home 2 suites Port Canaveral and another car booked for my return to airport. 

Will the shuttle at National get me to the port on time ? And will we be able to get an Uber to National to pick up a car for my return to MCO?

Should we just Uber and forget the car rental all together?  Thanks for the help !

The shuttle both ways is reliable. We always rent from MCO to Port Canaveral (via Enterprise, but same location), and it's pretty quick.

The shuttle driver on embarkation day will make a note to point out where they'll pick you up after the cruise if you have a rental car then, too.

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, nettexmel said:

We’re on the July 7th sailing on Wonder of the seas and was able to snag a 10:30 boarding time. I have a car booked with National one way from MCO to Home 2 suites Port Canaveral and another car booked for my return to airport. 

Will the shuttle at National get me to the port on time ? And will we be able to get an Uber to National to pick up a car for my return to MCO?

Should we just Uber and forget the car rental all together?  Thanks for the help !

National has a shuttle that runs from the National/Enterprise Port Canaveral office to/from the ship (not sure why you are returning at Home2Suites and not the port).

Not sure about shuttles to/from Home2Suites. 

Edited by BirdTravels

Thanks for your responses, smokybandit & birdtravels.  I’m turning in my car at port office and picking up another car on my return from cruise. Staying pre cruise at home2 suites. 

I would plan on dropping off the car no later than 9:30A on departure day, possibly even 9A.  This is to allow for the wait for the shuttle bus (depending how many people are doing the same thing, you may have to wait for a shuttle).  

Then find out where to pick up the shuttle after the cruise.  Easy peasy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

I would plan on dropping off the car no later than 9:30A on departure day, possibly even 9A.  This is to allow for the wait for the shuttle bus (depending how many people are doing the same thing, you may have to wait for a shuttle).  

Then find out where to pick up the shuttle after the cruise.  Easy peasy. 

This is what we do. Leave the hotel (a mile from the rental car place) at 9:30.

They have multiple shuttles running, but it's the luck of the draw as to which ship a given one is going to, so I've waited between 5 minutes and 30 minutes (granted the latter was for a CHristmas cruise) for a shuttle.

Edited by smokeybandit
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, nettexmel said:

We’re on the July 7th sailing on Wonder of the seas and was able to snag a 10:30 boarding time. 

Just an FYI, you have a 10:30 AM check-in time, not boarding time. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Just an FYI, you have a 10:30 AM check-in time, not boarding time. 

Right but boarding usually quickly follows check in. Thanks for the clarification 😉

We are on the Utopia in late August and are using "porthotelshuttle.com. The shuttle will pick us up at airport and drop us off at Homewood Suite (Hilton) Port Canaveral.  Next day the shuttle will pick us up and take us to the port.  On debarkation day, the shuttle will take from the port terminal to airport.

Cost is $52 R/T.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2024 at 2:23 PM, nelblu said:

We are on the Utopia in late August and are using "porthotelshuttle.com. The shuttle will pick us up at airport and drop us off at Homewood Suite (Hilton) Port Canaveral.  Next day the shuttle will pick us up and take us to the port.  On debarkation day, the shuttle will take from the port terminal to airport.

Cost is $52 R/T.

Hadn't heard of this one. We will be on Wonder in October and still looking at options. I can't find any reviews of this site. Have you used them before? Are they reliable?

9 hours ago, hapster85 said:

Hadn't heard of this one. We will be on Wonder in October and still looking at options. I can't find any reviews of this site. Have you used them before? Are they reliable?

No but referred by the Homewood Suite folks.  Also, my DIL called to confirm the instructions and answered promptly and came across as professionals. 

• Like 1

On 6/3/2024 at 6:25 AM, nelblu said:

No but referred by the Homewood Suite folks.  Also, my DIL called to confirm the instructions and answered promptly and came across as professionals. 

They service the hotel we are staying at as well, which is what prompted me to look into them. I think it will be a good fit for us.

58 minutes ago, hapster85 said:

They service the hotel we are staying at as well, which is what prompted me to look into them. I think it will be a good fit for us.

👍

On 5/24/2024 at 1:23 PM, nelblu said:

Cost is $52 R/T.

Do you know what time they available to pickup from the airport.  We maybe arriving late at night.

16 minutes ago, asianguy30 said:

Do you know what time they available to pickup from the airport.  We maybe arriving late at night.

If you are arriving late in Orlando why not stay overnight at a hotel near the airport. There are several of them. We stayed at the Hyatt which is actually in the airport just upstairs from baggage claim…very convenient. Then we used Cortrans shuttle to get to Port Canaveral and also to take us back to the airport after the cruise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, asianguy30 said:

No, but you can call them and ask.  When we called they were very helpful. 

10 hours ago, Marie51 said:

If you are arriving late in Orlando why not stay overnight at a hotel near the airport. There are several of them. We stayed at the Hyatt which is actually in the airport just upstairs from baggage claim…very convenient. Then we used Cortrans shuttle to get to Port Canaveral and also to take us back to the airport after the cruise.

yes that's a great idea.  Would you use the shuttle to pickup at the airport then?  Was thinking about a night at the airport hotels then take the shuttle back to the airport the next morning and ride one of the shuttle companies to Port Canaveral.

11 hours ago, asianguy30 said:

yes that's a great idea.  Would you use the shuttle to pickup at the airport then?  Was thinking about a night at the airport hotels then take the shuttle back to the airport the next morning and ride one of the shuttle companies to Port Canaveral.

Cortrans shuttle picked us up right there at the Hyatt which actually is at the airport.

• Like 1