CELEBRITY MOVE UP BID FROZEN FOR THE LAST 30 DAYS

I had put bids for 5 categories of Suites, 30 days ago. I am presently in Aqua. My sailing date is 18th June. Immediately upon bidding, 4 bids expired and my bid for the sky suite has been pending ever since. I can neither modify nor cancel the pending bid. Is this normal ? and is this as per the terms ?

1 hour ago, delhione said:

I had put bids for 5 categories of Suites, 30 days ago. I am presently in Aqua. My sailing date is 18th June. Immediately upon bidding, 4 bids expired and my bid for the sky suite has been pending ever since. I can neither modify nor cancel the pending bid. Is this normal ? and is this as per the terms ?

You should be able to cancel at anytime!

3 hours ago, delhione said:

Have you checked your room assignment online to make sure it's not been changed. Or your credit card to see if you have been charged.  It seems like you have probably won the Sky Suite but the system can be confusing.  I wouldn't just depend on an email informing you of a successful bid.

I am in an aqua class cabin and I made bids for 5 suite categories as soon as I got the email that told me I could bid.  We are sailing on Solstice June 9.  2 weeks ago, all my bids showed "expired" except for the Royal Suite which showed "pending" but locked and couldn't be modified.  This morning, all my bids are back to "pending" and I am able to modify them again.  Hoping to win a bid, but if not, we are ok staying in Aqua.

I don't think the system is frozen.  Pending means just that and can remain in that status until something drives a change in that status.  The suggestions made by others regarding tracking your status are good ways to see if there has been a change.  And just to confirm MoveUp is managed by a third party, not Celebrity.

6 hours ago, delhione said:

I've seen this a number of times and found the solution was to use the confirmation e-mail for that specific category and click the link.   Other option is to call celebrity and have them cancel it.

• 2 weeks later...

so my cruise is in 2 days and today all my bids are "pending" but can't be modified anymore.  I'm now resigned to the fact that all my bids will be rejected.  I'm still in Aqua class and we love Blu so, we will definitely still have lots of fun!

3 hours ago, dalmoradie said:

so my cruise is in 2 days and today all my bids are "pending" but can't be modified anymore.  I'm now resigned to the fact that all my bids will be rejected.  I'm still in Aqua class and we love Blu so, we will definitely still have lots of fun!

That is the normal.    All rejections go out at 48 hours prior to sailing date and time. If you haven't been upgraded yet the odds are almost zero....but on one occasion (covid days),   I got a call the night before the cruise advising I had received a complimentary upgrade due to someone in the Penthouse coming down with Covid.

14 minutes ago, blue_water said:

Question - the move-up option is initiated by an email from Celebrity? You cannot start the process on your own?

And is this an option only after you’ve made your final payment? Or within 30 days of your cruise date?

Thanks!

I think there is a way to do it on your own - I'm not positive as being solo it's never worth it. BUT I do know that if you use the big box store masquerading as a TA, you're not eligible. Possibly not with some general TA group rates either.

1 hour ago, blue_water said:

Question - the move-up option is initiated by an email from Celebrity? You cannot start the process on your own?

And is this an option only after you’ve made your final payment? Or within 30 days of your cruise date?

Thanks!

You do not need an invitation to bid.   Once the bidding is open you can just go to the link  https://www.celebritycruises.com/bid-on-cruise-room-upgrade   Put in Reservation Number and Last Name.    If your reservation is eligible you will be forwarded to the bids.   Usually someone in the FB group or Roll Call will indicated that bidding is open.

On the site it says they open at 21 days but on occasion I've seen it open as much as 45 days in advance.   Celebrity is consistently inconsistent.

About 50% of the time I never receive the invitation and just go in when I hear bidding is open and place my bids.   BTW I also never receive invitations for the webinars and have given up trying to get Celebrity to fix.

Edited by Jim_Iain

1 minute ago, Jim_Iain said:

Would like to correct one statement above.    You do not need an invitation to bid.   Once the bidding is open you can just go to the link  https://www.celebritycruises.com/bid-on-cruise-room-upgrade   Put in Reservation Number and Last Name.    If your reservation is eligible you will be forwarded to the bids.

About 50% of the time I never receive the invitation and just go in when I hear bidding is open and place my bids.   BTW I also never receive invitations for the webinars and have given up trying to get Celebrity to fix.

Does the move up bidding open 30 days from your cruise date? I thought I read that in the site?

thanks for your feedback!

4 minutes ago, blue_water said:

Does the move up bidding open 30 days from your cruise date? I thought I read that in the site?

thanks for your feedback!

On the Bidding Page it says 30 days but if it isn't open when you try -  a pop up box will appear saying they open at 21 days. 

As I said above I have tried as far out as 60 day and was able to bid.   Other times shorter than 21 days.   In November I was able to bid at 45 days and by the way won the upgrade.

58 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

On the Bidding Page it says 30 days but if it isn't open when you try -  a pop up box will appear saying they open at 21 days. 

As I said above I have tried as far out as 60 day and was able to bid.   Other times shorter than 21 days.   In November I was able to bid at 45 days and by the way won the upgrade.

Aah, I read too fast!

thanks!

Remember MoveUp is an outside company that helps Celebrity fill vacant staterooms.

Who ever thought up the program had a bright Idea!

They get a cut of the money and Celebrity fills staterooms in a way that costs Them a little but adds to the Potential profits.

With more ships sailing Full these days fewer unsold staterooms are available to be offered to the MoveUp program.

Celebrity releases unsold staterooms to MoveUp but even some of these end up being repossessed by Celebrity. 

There are a lot of ships (from many different Cruise Lines) being moved From the eastern Med. because of the risks there and some have been moved to the Alaska trade and some to the Caribbean.

Thats why some bargains are being offered to fill these unplanned sailings.

Edited by D. B.