Mariner discount on Water package?

I had always presumed that the 50% discount for 4/5 star mariners did not apply to the water package (pre order 6 x 1 lt bottles Aqua Panna for $27 + sc).  However, I notice that the package is mentioned on the Mini Bar Price List (source: @Crew News's wonderful site!) and as we know, Mini Bar is covered by the mariner discount.  So my question is, does the mariner discount apply to the water package if ordered onboard?  Any one know for certain?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VMax1700 said:

I had always presumed that the 50% discount for 4/5 star mariners did not apply to the water package (pre order 6 x 1 lt bottles Aqua Panna for $27 + sc).  However, I notice that the package is mentioned on the Mini Bar Price List (source: @Crew News's wonderful site!) and as we know, Mini Bar is covered by the mariner discount.  So my question is, does the mariner discount apply to the water package if ordered onboard?  Any one know for certain?

Yes it is!  I just did it on Zuiderdam.  Make sure that the person you order it from knows you want the mini-bar price and not the "water package" price or they will charge you double because "everyone in the cabin has to get the package".  We know from experience.  Happy drinking!

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, kevingastreich said:

Yes it is!  I just did it on Zuiderdam.  Make sure that the person you order it from knows you want the mini-bar price and not the "water package" price or they will charge you double because "everyone in the cabin has to get the package".  We know from experience.  Happy drinking!

So were you charged $27 - 50% + grat on 27?  (13.50 + 4.86 = $18.36) or was it 6 bottles @ $6 each = 36 - 50% = $18 + grat 6.48 = $24.68?

Order on board only. Right.

It "should" be handled like a wine package.

However, if I were going to do this, I would go to the Front Desk and ask that they order the package for you, reminding them of your Mariner status and confirming the pricing. Silly? Yes. But possibly an idea to consider 

Good luck!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/25/2024 at 6:49 AM, VMax1700 said:

As some have said they have gotten it, you can always ask. 

From what I see on HAL's web page they specifically list Sommelier Suite packages and not any other beverage packages. The mini bar discount covers anything taken out of the bar but does not cover else ware on the ship (we tell our room steward how we like the mini bar stocked and he removes what we don't want and adds more of what we do).

Attached is the list from the web site. 

Mariner Society Amenities.pdf

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

So were you charged $27 - 50% + grat on 27?  (13.50 + 4.86 = $18.36) or was it 6 bottles @ $6 each = 36 - 50% = $18 + grat 6.48 = $24.68?

$24.68 looks right.  We just had to make sure it was the mini-bar price not the "water package" price because if not,  then they charged the room twice citing "everyone in the cabin has to buy the package".

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Collin, if you have the HIA, we never hit 15 drinks, so always order the water during drinks/meals to fill our coffer. 

On our last cruise/s (B2B on K'dam), we often finished the evening with a nightcap at the Crows Nest, where the bar-stewards got to know us. They could see that we had "drinks coming" (had not hit 15) and would bring us un-opened cans of water without our asking. We had a row of them, un-drunk, when we left our cabin for the last time!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Collin, if you have the HIA, we never hit 15 drinks, so always order the water during drinks/meals to fill our coffer. 

Ellen does not care for the 'recovered' canned water.  The Aqua Panna seems a better option for her.  

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

Ellen does not care for the 'recovered' canned water.  The Aqua Panna seems a better option for her.  

Collin we do not like canned either. We usually request a bottle of Perrier each, which is sparkling. 

• Like 1