What to expect Alaska Cruise- May 29-June 5; with mini-suite and plus package and MIL disability

rakesh

My mother in law (coming with a wheelchair) and my wife will be on the Alaska cruise starting this Wednesday.

MIL has arranged wheelchair for embarkation an disembarkation; she will bring wheelchair with her
They have the plus package.

They are in a mini-suite with balcony.

With these 3 criteria  - MIL disabled, plus package, mini-suite with a balcony- what extra benefits will they get compared to if they had none of these benefits.

3 minutes ago, rakesh said:

My mother in law (coming with a wheelchair) and my wife will be on the Alaska cruise starting this Wednesday.

MIL has arranged wheelchair for embarkation an disembarkation; she will bring wheelchair with her

With these 3 criteria  - MIL disabled, plus package, mini-suite with a balcony- what extra benefits will they get compared to if they had none of these benefits.

Go to the Princess Website and look up Plus Pkge vs Cruise only its all explained there.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, rakesh said:

These benefits are shown under Plus, you can see the extras they have.

https://www.princess.com/en-us/cruise-deals-promotions/plus-premier-cruise-packages

Also, these extra included items will be spelled out and their values on the website-cruise personalizer-travel summary. Print out the travel summary for reference for them.

Welcome to the Princess forum.

Edited by PacnGoNow

Being disabled is not a benefit.  If they book a Princess excursion, they can wait at the top of the stairs and they will be taken to the elevator before the rest of the group is called for the excursion.  They will probably seat you at a table close to the entrance in the Main Dining Room.  Inclusions of the plus package are clearly explained on line as others have said.  Mini suite comes with more space, a sofa, and a bathtub.  They say you get a welcome glass of champagne but we have never received one.    

2 hours ago, HotRoot said:

Being disabled is not a benefit.  If they book a Princess excursion, they can wait at the top of the stairs and they will be taken to the elevator before the rest of the group is called for the excursion.  They will probably seat you at a table close to the entrance in the Main Dining Room.  Inclusions of the plus package are clearly explained on line as others have said.  Mini suite comes with more space, a sofa, and a bathtub.  They say you get a welcome glass of champagne but we have never received one.    

I have only seen champagne in full suites and reserve class mini suites 

Will MIL be able to climb over a bathtub edge to get into the shower/tub?  Will MIL’s wheelchair collapse to get through the 21 inch door?  I would be more concerned about her mobility in a non-accessible mini-suite.  If this is your first Princess cruise, mini-suites are misnamed “larger balcony” cabin and have no suite perks.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, HotRoot said:

Count your blessings. We used it for drain cleaner.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Will MIL be able to climb over a bathtub edge to get into the shower/tub?  Will MIL’s wheelchair collapse to get through the 21 inch door?  I would be more concerned about her mobility in a non-accessible mini-suite.  If this is your first Princess cruise, mini-suites are misnamed “larger balcony” cabin and have no suite perks.  

Exactly... @rakesh...have you investigated the availability of an accessible stateroom?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

If this is your first Princess cruise, mini-suites are misnamed “larger balcony” cabin and have no suite perks.  

Some of them do have a curtain that allows you to separate the space into two “rooms”, which technically makes it a suite.

Anyway, they’re just keeping up with the Joneses in that regard. A lot of cruise lines have cabins called xxxxx suites that are smaller than, and don’t have the same perks as, full suites.