Stabbing on Crown Princess???

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, memoak said:

There is no knife on the buffet that could cause any damage 

Could have been a fork, a broken beer bottle, or a knife that a passenger smuggled onboard. Almost anything with enough pressure can cause a puncture wound.

Edited by CineGraphic

We often disagree but n this board. Tipping, dress code, etc. But for once, I think we all can agree: Don’t stab other passengers. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 6

Just now, CineGraphic said:

Could have been a fork, or a knife that a passenger smuggled onboard.

I was thinking the same thing, could have been a fork!!

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Pan pan said:

I was thinking the same thing, could have been a fork!!

Coulda been a spoon

Edit: no fr fr, like it could a been a spoon, metal is hard and people are squishy

Edited by AllHandsAstern
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

22 minutes ago, mthomp5 said:

That's what I'm wondering...was it a butter knife?!

Rumors start easily I have yet to see any news stories 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

Could have been a fork, a broken beer bottle, or a knife that a passenger smuggled onboard.

Umm, I have taken a sharp serrated knife on several Princess cruises, like you would use to slice a loaf of bread or cut an apple into pieces.  I didn't smuggle anything on purpose -- are knives prohibited?

Just now, Ellipooh said:

Umm, I have taken a sharp serrated knife on several Princess cruises, like you would use to slice a loaf of bread or cut an apple into pieces.  I didn't smuggle anything on purpose -- are knives prohibited?

Uhhhhh, I would sure hope so.

Not trying to yuck your yum but are you cutting a lot of apples on your cruises? They have people who will do that for you...

Having said that I walked on with a 12pack of beer bottles at one of our port calls, so maybe the security staff need to have a meeting

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Ellipooh said:

From Princess.com's list of prohibited items:

• Knives (with a blade over 6.35 cm (2 ½ inches), or 1.25 cm (½ inch) at widest point). bladed weapons, sharp pointed weapons, daggers, sabers, swords, axes, ice axes, hatchets, straight razors (shaving safety razors are allowed), razor blades not in a cartridge, box cutters, ice picks, meat cleavers, and utility knives, (unless specifically authorized for personnel who in the normal course of their duties on board the ship require to be in possession of a knife with a more substantial blade i.e. Galley Staff and Deck Ratings).
  • Flick knives, gravity knives, switchblades or lock knives. Small locking pocket-knife with blade lengths less than 6.35 cm (2 ½ inches) and widths ½ inch or less are allowed.
Edited by CineGraphic
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Wow.  Never even occurred to me to check.

Fair enough, I can follow rules.

(and yes, I eat my apple-a-day in the afternoon, and did not want to seek out a crew member to slice it for me!) 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

One would hope that they'd be banned from all CCL brands.

If they don't already, I think all lines should share their lists of banned passengers with each other.

Actually not the case. I've overheard a couple of drunks on Princess boasting that they were banned from Carnival.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

Could have been a fork, a broken beer bottle, or a knife that a passenger smuggled onboard. Almost anything with enough pressure can cause a puncture wound.

People have even been stabbed with sporks. 😬

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

One would hope that they'd be banned from all CCL brands.

If they don't already, I think all lines should share their lists of banned passengers with each other.

I feel the same towards brawlers at airports and on planes. Banish them for 10 years or life, whichever comes first, and share the lists.

• Like 3

People should be ashamed of themselves for spreading these rumors based solely on a post from that "other place that rhymes with credit" from some random person who assumed it was a stabbing because of a medivac earlier in the cruise because they "heard a rumor on the disembarkation line.

Haven't people learned by now that if this was true, A) it would be on a real news site, and B) somebody else would have confirmed and posted about it immediately, and not waited until disembarkation.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Stosh68 said:

People should be ashamed of themselves for spreading these rumors based solely on a post from that "other place that rhymes with credit" from some random person who assumed it was a stabbing because of a medivac earlier in the cruise because they "heard a rumor on the disembarkation line.

Haven't people learned by now that if this was true, A) it would be on a real news site, and B) somebody else would have confirmed and posted about it immediately, and not waited until disembarkation.  

This was the story going around the very next day, but I agree that I think someone would have picked it up. The holiday weekend isn't helping the news cycle.

We had a stabbing onboard P&O Ventura last year. Apparently a husband and wife argument. The wife got stabbed and the Captain asked for people of a certain blood group to go to one of the restaurants. That was a cruise to remember or should I say forget as we had two further medical emergencies and went to the aid of a yacht in the Atlantic which turned out to be two young girls and a older man in his 40's trafficking the girls. He was arrested and put under guard. The girls were dropped off at one US port and him I believe at another. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

10 hours ago, BamaVol said:

I’ll be watching for the story on YouTube. 

Yep, you can bet that rather than try and assist either in breaking it up or tending the injured, some people would have had their phones out quick smart to video the whole thing.

10 hours ago, memoak said:

There is no knife on the buffet that could cause any damage 

Maryland woman wanted after allegedly stabbing man, 62, to death with butter knife

Raykia Poston, 21, is wanted for first-degree murder in the death of 62-year-old Mervyn Daniel

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, leck57 said:

Yep, you can bet that rather than try and assist either in breaking it up or tending the injured, some people would have had their phones out quick smart to video the whole thing.

Ice to see as of late people getting charged criminally for doing that.
not rendering aid ! 

1 hour ago, Cruisemeister2002 said:

We had a stabbing onboard P&O Ventura last year. Apparently a husband and wife argument. The wife got stabbed and the Captain asked for people of a certain blood group to go to one of the restaurants. That was a cruise to remember or should I say forget as we had two further medical emergencies and went to the aid of a yacht in the Atlantic which turned out to be two young girls and a older man in his 40's trafficking the girls. He was arrested and put under guard. The girls were dropped off at one US port and him I believe at another. 

Dear me. Too much excitement for one cruise. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, leck57 said:

The Travel Scouts is a YouTube channel that regularly posts the top 10 cruising stories of the day/week.  They avoid the amateur shock video and often let you know what rumors are not just rumors. Good place for breaking news.  I haven’t seen this stabbing story there yet.  Starting to think I won’t. 

Edited by BamaVol
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Stosh68 said:

I am not ashamed. I asked if anyone could verify or deny it.

The cruise lines have to report all crimes in monthly or quarterly reports.

Let's see what the next report show.

• Like 3