Miami Port information

dta87

We are booked on our first Azamara cruise in Nov and first cruise in the Miami port.  I have tried searches on CC and the Azamara site but could not find the information we are looking for hopefully someone here knows. We have sailed from Port Everglades a few times and are familiar with FLL airport and would like to avoid the large Miami airport congestion.

1. Does Azamara run transfers to the FLL from Miami and how much do they charge?

2. I know Princess and Holland have a program for on-board airline check-in and with luggage check-in (that includes no overweight charge) for FLL from Port Everglades.  This has been very convenient and nice since we do not have to worry about overweight luggage. Does Azamara have a similar program that would go from Miami to FLL?

We’re also on that cruise and will fly into Ft. Lauderdale the day before.  I use a shared ride service, SAS Transportation, to shuttle from our hotel to the Port of Miami the next morning.  They will also pick up from the FLL airport if you fly in on the morning of your cruise.  He has a list of hotels that he picks up from on the website.  The cost is only $15 per person, each way, payable to the driver after the transport.  I don’t believe he can service the Miami airport.  There is a phone number on the website if you have questions.

http://www.ridesas.com

• Like 2

On 5/29/2024 at 10:31 AM, BuddyR said:

We’re also on that cruise and will fly into Ft. Lauderdale the day before.  I use a shared ride service, SAS Transportation, to shuttle from our hotel to the Port of Miami the next morning.  They will also pick up from the FLL airport if you fly in on the morning of your cruise.  He has a list of hotels that he picks up from on the website.  The cost is only $15 per person, each way, payable to the driver after the transport.  I don’t believe he can service the Miami airport.  There is a phone number on the website if you have questions.

http://www.ridesas.com

I have used SAS several times when cruising out of Miami but parking just outside the Port Everglades gate. I've also used them when the cruise ended in Miami and I rented a car from FLL airport.

I can't believe they're still just $15pp!  That is the cash price though.  Credit cards are a little more.

The service has always been excellent for us. Good communication prior to the pick up as I'm driving in.  We had to make a couple of stops at hotels on the way to the port.  However for the convenience of not driving I-95 to POM it's well worth the price to arrive at the ship relaxed.

We're using them again this coming December for an Onward Caribbean cruise and plan to use them for our Quest sailing ending in Miami October 2025 to rent a vehicle at FLL.

Perhaps hi-jacking your thread, but we finish an Azamara cruise in Miami later this year and have a 9pm flight back to the UK that say.

Any suggestions as to how best to spend the day would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, alfredo1 said:

Perhaps hi-jacking your thread, but we finish an Azamara cruise in Miami later this year and have a 9pm flight back to the UK that say.

Thanks.

Have you visited the Miami port board?  They have lots of good info there.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/386-florida-departures/

Edited by ChucktownSteve
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, alfredo1 said:

Thanks.

We have the same scenario in November and we’re thinking of trying to get a day room at a hotel in Miami. 

We use hotelsbyday.com and have stayed at DoubleTree By Hilton Miami Airport & Convention Center twice for about $80 10am to 6pm. It has a pool area, bar & restaurant. Also an odd shopping arcade adjacent with lots of clothes and jewelry stores. There is a free shuttle to the airport too.

I wish we could avoid Miami airport but there are no direct flights from FLL anymore. Personally I would stay in FLL then Uber to Miami Port. Alternatively direct to a Miami Hotel after the flight. We have stayed at the DoubleTree overlooking the port. There are food options walkable. Prices of the hotels maybe a deciding factor.

5 hours ago, hawkesbaynz said:

We use hotelsbyday.com and have stayed at DoubleTree By Hilton Miami Airport & Convention Center twice for about $80 10am to 6pm. It has a pool area, bar & restaurant. Also an odd shopping arcade adjacent with lots of clothes and jewelry stores. There is a free shuttle to the airport too.

I wish we could avoid Miami airport but there are no direct flights from FLL anymore. Personally I would stay in FLL then Uber to Miami Port. Alternatively direct to a Miami Hotel after the flight. We have stayed at the DoubleTree overlooking the port. There are food options walkable. Prices of the hotels maybe a deciding factor.

Thanks for info on that website!! 

• Like 1

We paid for transport from the docks in Miami to the airport, which was a late departure when we booked through Azamara Cruises.

It went very smoothly as we were given a hotel with all amenities for the day and then picked up and taken to the airport.

This was our first cruise ever and we felt we needed that additional support.
We have since used Dayuse.co.uk which also suited our needs, as we selected hotels that offered shuttle buses to the airport.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/31/2024 at 5:26 AM, ChucktownSteve said:

We're using them again this coming December for an Onward Caribbean cruise and plan to use them for our Quest sailing ending in Miami October 2025 to rent a vehicle at FLL.

Can you tell me why you rent in FLL and not MIA?

we have a car on hold at MIA for our return

is FLL the better option

thank you

3 minutes ago, riandei said:

Can you tell me why you rent in FLL and not MIA?

we have a car on hold at MIA for our return

is FLL the better option

thank you

For one thing I don't like the drive and traffic between Miami and FLL.  I believe the car rental company has cheaper rates in FLL than MIA. The demand is higher in MIA. So for $15pp, I let the transportation company do the driving and drop me off at the rental doorway.. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ChucktownSteve said:

For one thing I don't like the drive and traffic between Miami and FLL.  I believe the car rental company has cheaper rates in FLL than MIA. The demand is higher in MIA. So for $15pp, I let the transportation company do the driving and drop me off at the rental doorway.. 

thanks.  Our cruise ends in Mia but there are 4 of us so it would be an additional 60$ to get to fll so I guess we will stick with that.

9 minutes ago, riandei said:

thanks.  Our cruise ends in Mia but there are 4 of us so it would be an additional 60$ to get to fll so I guess we will stick with that.

Personal choice is good. Now I'm curious though since I've not gone from POM to MIA.  How much will it cost four people to get to MIA?

17 minutes ago, ChucktownSteve said:

Personal choice is good. Now I'm curious though since I've not gone from POM to MIA.  How much will it cost four people to get to MIA?

Good question but i have to believe less than 60 🤷🏼‍♀️

we drive back to Venice so either MIA or FLL is acceptable 

16 minutes ago, riandei said:

Good question but i have to believe less than 60 🤷🏼‍♀️

we drive back to Venice so either MIA or FLL is acceptable 

Now that I know your plans are to drive due west to the coast, it doesn't make sense to drive up to FLL.  We're heading North on I-95 which is a whole different story.

We are on the Nov 8 cruise and wondering about how early to book a flight home.  We will fly into Fort Lauderdale the day before and prebook the shuttle referenced above.   I am wondering though what is the earliest flight time you’d recommend out of Miami?  There’s a non-stop at 11:15 am but I’m worried that’s a bit tight. There’s also a 4:25 out of FLL.  Thoughts?