FREEDOM OF THE SEAS ?

Hello all, our last RC cruise was back in 2018, we been going on 2-3 Celebrity cruises a year since so we are rusty at RC and would appreciate your help as we are booked on the FOS for December.  The kids/grandkids will be with us so RC is the right choice for them and not Celebrity.

1-  I noticed a recent post from the LOS in Giovanni's that was the old menu, does anybody have the menu for Giovanni's on the FOS?  Is it the old menu or the new menu?  My son loves chicken cutlet parmesan and the menu on the LOS did not have it in fact it was very limited on non pasta main course dishes.  Would anybody happen to have this menu?

2-  I stopped drinking hard alcohol and drink wine, does anybody have the wine menu's?

3-  We will have our "down time" at night, what time is the Crown and Anchor lounge close at night?  Do they have live band/music?

4-  What time does the Diamond club close?

5- In disembarking Celebrity ships we do nothing but walk off the ship into the terminal keep walking to get out and don't even go into any security or customs lines, we simply walk off and get our luggage and leave.  Does RC make us go through custom lines?  How is the disembarkation on this ship, does it take long?  Do we have to show passports coming off the ship inside the terminal before existing the terminal?

6-  Does RC still have the luggage valet, we are using American Airlines via Miami?  If so, what is the cost?

Thank you!

19 minutes ago, AspiringCindy said:

I can only respond to #1...We were on Freedom 3 weeks ago. Giovanni's is now Giovanni's Kitchen with the new menu! So much better!!

Thank you for that he be very happy to hear it.

2 hours ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Hello all, our last RC cruise was back in 2018, we been going on 2-3 Celebrity cruises a year since so we are rusty at RC and would appreciate your help as we are booked on the FOS for December.  The kids/grandkids will be with us so RC is the right choice for them and not Celebrity.

1-  I noticed a recent post from the LOS in Giovanni's that was the old menu, does anybody have the menu for Giovanni's on the FOS?  Is it the old menu or the new menu?  My son loves chicken cutlet parmesan and the menu on the LOS did not have it in fact it was very limited on non pasta main course dishes.  Would anybody happen to have this menu?

2-  I stopped drinking hard alcohol and drink wine, does anybody have the wine menu's?

3-  We will have our "down time" at night, what time is the Crown and Anchor lounge close at night?  Do they have live band/music?

5- In disembarking Celebrity ships we do nothing but walk off the ship into the terminal keep walking to get out and don't even go into any security or customs lines, we simply walk off and get our luggage and leave.  Does RC make us go through custom lines?  How is the disembarkation on this ship, does it take long?  Do we have to show passports coming off the ship inside the terminal before existing the terminal?

6-  Does RC still have the luggage valet, we are using American Airlines via Miami?  If so, what is the cost?

Thank you!

The following is a like to my LIVE post from the Freedom a few months back. You can skim through for menus and compasses. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

The former Diamond Club is now called the Crown Lounge.  It is open 24 hours.  No music.  Bar service only during happy hour (must use vouchers).  Coffee machine typically open early morning to whenever they start the cleaning cycle.

Edited by Another_Critic
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Is it the old menu or the new menu?

This and many other questions have answers in the app set to the current sailing.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

The following is a like to my LIVE post from the Freedom a few months back. You can skim through for menus and compasses. 

Thank you for this!

3 hours ago, Biker19 said:

This and many other questions have answers in the app set to the current sailing.

Nothing shows up in the app yet because the cruise is in December.

2 minutes ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

As mentioned, set the app to the current sailing, not yours.

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

You can switch to a current sailing to see menus, show times, etc. 

It’s not super obvious and I may not be doing it the quickest way, but this is how I do it.

IMG_9898.jpeg

IMG_9899.jpeg

IMG_131E48DBFFF6-1.jpeg

IMG_9900.jpeg

IMG_9901.png

Edited by Mom*3
Forgot a photo
  • Like 1

Answer to question 5 & 6

5. I’ve never cruised Celebrity, but I assume when you say you walk right off and don’t have to stop, you are still going through the Facial Recognition scanners, if you are cruising with a passport. Which I think really depends if the port has that capability and everything is going smoothly, rather than cruise line specific. But, yes, the last few times I’ve disembarked we walked right through the Facial Recognition scanners and were on our way. 

6. I received a flyer for the Luggage Valet on my Odyssey cruise in March, from Ft. Lauderdale, Port Everglades. But, I did not use it, so can’t answer how much it costs. But, does seem like it’s available again. 

Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Do you mean the Viking Crown Lounge?  Hours would be in the app.  IIRC, they have a DJ at night, but no live band.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

Do you mean the Viking Crown Lounge?  Hours would be in the app.  IIRC, they have a DJ at night, but no live band.

I think it is called Olive or Twist if looking for it in the app? Don't remember.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

I believe the Viking Crown Lounge sometimes has live music but not every night. I think the Star Lounge, deck 5 forward has live music every night.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Thoughts: 

- If you have the Royal app downloaded on your phone (and you should!), you should be able to see the menus for all the restaurants right now.  

- I had a chicken parm in the MDR that was pretty good.  I could only eat about half of it. 

- Wine menus should also be on the Royal app. 

- Remember each adult can bring a wine bottle onboard with you ... a good way to make sure you get what you really want.  You must bring it in your carry-on.  

- The cruise line doesn't have any say-so about Customs.  That's all the government.  A better question might be, Does my specific terminal have facial recognition software?  That "new" software moves people through faster ... the first time I went through, I didn't realize I was done, and I just stood there like a dummy. 

- You have to "check back into" the US after your cruise.  Some terminals (Tampa, for example) have human beings to look at your passport.  Others (Orlando, for example) have the above-mentioned software that uses facial recognition ... but all terminals verify that you're "qualified" to come back into the US. 

- We always take our own luggage off ... saves us searching for it in a sea of other luggage.  We consider it easier. 

Edited by Mum2Mercury
  • Like 1