3rd party annual insurance

I know about Insure My Trip. My post about another family needing to be Medevacked has me thinking about RCL Insurance which I always get. Recently we have started booking more cruises in a year. My question is how do I cover all my cruises if each one has different people involved.

Two cruises are with our granddaughter, one is with our grandson, another with 7 family members and the last with just my husband and I. How do I work this out with an annual policy so everyone is covered. 

I believe I can cancel RCL insurance as long as final payment hasn't been made.   Thank you

6 minutes ago, fpcruiser said:

I know about Insure My Trip. My post about another family needing to be Medevacked has me thinking about RCL Insurance which I always get. Recently we have started booking more cruises in a year. My question is how do I cover all my cruises if each one has different people involved.

Two cruises are with our granddaughter, one is with our grandson, another with 7 family members and the last with just my husband and I. How do I work this out with an annual policy so everyone is covered. 

I believe I can cancel RCL insurance as long as final payment hasn't been made.   Thank you

We have an annual policy that covers my DH and I.  You don't insure each international trip, we are insured for any trip under 70 days during a 365 day period.

We have an annual policy.  Wanted to cover the pre-cruise and post-cruise travel (several days traveling in various places) and car trips.  We're taking our granddaughter with us in July and bought coverage for her for just this trip.  We couldn't cover her on our policy as she doesn't live with us.

2 hours ago, fpcruiser said:

I believe I can cancel RCL insurance as long as final payment hasn't been made.

I doubt very much that you can cancel any line's insurance once it has been bought -- they pay (or say they pay) that amount to the covering entity immediately.

6 hours ago, fpcruiser said:

When you buy the insurance, you aren't insuring a cruise. You are insuring a person. So you would have to insure each person separately, either with an annual policy for each of them or a per cruise policy for each of them. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

When you buy the insurance, you aren't insuring a cruise. You are insuring a person. So you would have to insure each person separately, either with an annual policy for each of them or a per cruise policy for each of them. 

Our annual policy covers both of us. I listed both of us when I got the quote.  They did tell me that if our granddaughter was part of our household she would be covered.  Again we got this policy because we also wanted to cover our pre and post cruise travels.

9 hours ago, njkruzer said:

Our annual policy covers both of us. I listed both of us when I got the quote.  They did tell me that if our granddaughter was part of our household she would be covered.  Again we got this policy because we also wanted to cover our pre and post cruise travels.

I suspect that an annual policy that covers 11 different people would be quite an expense. 

16 hours ago, George C said:

We book suites and fly first annual seemed to have limits that wouldn’t cover most of our trips . 

Many annual plans you can "top up" per trip if the max coverage does not cover all.

We combine our annual, with credit card, and know that in some cases we would lose a bit but that is in most cases only in the final 60 days before travel.  Before that with cruise line cancel penalties not being 100% we will make it out okay.

We have three trips this year.  To cover each individually I priced it to about $3,600.00 for the two of us.

For the annual, we paid $1,300.00 for the two of us.

We feel with this + the credit card, our risk is low to lose anything.

• Like 1

An annual policy may not be the way to go for all the travelers.  The OP might want to get their own annual policy (such as the ones offered by Geoblue or Allianz) and the other family members might be better off with their own single trip policies.  Not knowing all the details it is impossible to know what is best.  But since the OP is asking questions, we think they could benefit by contacting a professional travel insurance broker (Steve from the Tripinsurancestore is one option) to get professional advice.

In the interests of full disclosure, we do carry the annual Geoblue Trekker policy (and have previously settled two claims) and are very satisfied.  

And finally, I should mention that we are talking ONLY about medical/evacuation coverage.  Medical coverage does not generally cover trip cancellation/interruption or some other items that might be covered through a "trip policy" as opposed to a "medical policy."

Hank

• Like 1