Queen Anne Western Mediterranean - H414

MylesS

31 minutes ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Traygate Solution…

Order a light snack (Sandwich etc) plus drinks from Room Service.

They deliver on a tray, always placing the loaded tray as required.

Consume…

Place tray under one’s bed, leaving the crockery etc on the table.

Stateroom attendant will remove crockery when cleaning/making up room.

Tray being retained.

The tray that held my room service breakfast was a large, heavy wooden one. Too large to maneuver around the buffet. Do they use smaller/lighter trays for snacks?

I suppose one could purchase a lightweight plastic tray at Poundland before the cruise.

1 hour ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

Cookies?????????? There are cookies on Cunard ships???? I can never find them. Two weeks on QA and not one cookie to be found. Sometimes I just fancy a cookie. Not cheesecake, not apple crumble, not ice cream. Just a simple cookie. I guess I need to upgrade myself to QG to get a butler. Or continue as I have done, smuggling them onboard. 

Wellness Cafe, huge plate sized cookies

In the absence of a tray and as this is obviously a make or break issue to future cruisers, I shall ask for a large plate and load up as needed and deposit any server plate with the server and will make it my mission in life to examine my solution in a few weeks and will report back.

I'll take one for the team!

with a cookie or two!  😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

The tray that held my room service breakfast was a large, heavy wooden one. Too large to maneuver around the buffet. Do they use smaller/lighter trays for snacks?

I suppose one could purchase a lightweight plastic tray at Poundland before the cruise.

No up to date information on current tray weights.   No doubt CC onboard now will comment.  But a lightweight reasonably priced tray would be ideal

2 hours ago, D&N said:

Victoria2 seems very resourceful. I'd imagine there might be one in her cabin, or she might ask her butler to source one, or simply borrow one from the MDR.

As someone who is also partial to a larger picky plate (but wouldn’t be averse to amassing a tapas-like array of smaller plates on a tray), I await the experiment outcome with interest. I approve of the hygiene focus - just hope the trays still exist!

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Poole Boy said:

Wellness Cafe, huge plate sized cookies

so they could be used instead of a tray for the "picky plate"? Then eaten as pudding. 

Edited by elmsliebev
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, Red Ray said:

Just a quick note to say we are enjoying the cruise very much. Currently on a coach back from Rome which we did 'on our own.' It's our 4th visit but Mrs RR still managed to get us lost! Beautiful weather & the ship is in great condition. No complaints about the food - we dined in Aranya last night & I can thoroughly recommend the short rib entree. 

THE big news though is that I've read the short but sweet comment posted by @exlondoner in the Cruise Critic comment book! Good to see some positive comments after a fair few moaning minnies early on!

I am so glad the Cruise Critic book is being used 🙂

• Like 5

1 hour ago, exlondoner said:

Ooooops. Vesselfinder is playing games with me. 🙂🙂

Worth saying we’re tendering today, so if you’re seeing her far away, that’ll be why 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MylesS said:

Worth saying we’re tendering today, so if you’re seeing her far away, that’ll be why 

Yes, I know that, though oddly Vesselfinder isn’t showing your tenders. Hope you are having nice weather.

57 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Yes, I know that, though oddly Vesselfinder isn’t showing your tenders. Hope you are having nice weather.

Absolutely lovely weather, highs of 30c 

IMG_6210.thumb.jpeg.7ab163c76294d0012ecc1fd4f9767fc4.jpegIMG_6215.thumb.jpeg.77b42ad230c1c5bd3231bd962df9d391.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Yesterday was another lovely day, with great weather and a nice tour.

I did the Cheese Tasting tour. Where we saw some cheese being made with sheep's milk, and then tried some. A small walk around the area, followed by some lunch before returning to the ship. The whole area was very relaxing, with animals and butterflies.

Tendering on Queen Anne seemed very organised compared to what I've had on QM2. However, I do miss being able to sit up on the roof. That being said, on the way back, I got to sit by the door! I got a little wet, but it was great fun.

Again, a fantastic dinner in Britannia - with excellent waiters and sommelier. Followed by a movie in the Pavilion and a night at my favourite bar.

We've decided that we've enjoyed this cruise so much that we're going to extend again. So rather disembarking from the Fjords cruise, we'll be carrying on until the 14th of July.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MylesS said:

Yesterday was another lovely day, with great weather and a nice tour.

I did the Cheese Tasting tour. Where we saw some cheese being made with sheep's milk, and then tried some. A small walk around the area, followed by some lunch before returning to the ship. The whole area was very relaxing, with animals and butterflies.

Tendering on Queen Anne seemed very organised compared to what I've had on QM2. However, I do miss being able to sit up on the roof. That being said, on the way back, I got to sit by the door! I got a little wet, but it was great fun.

Again, a fantastic dinner in Britannia - with excellent waiters and sommelier. Followed by a movie in the Pavilion and a night at my favourite bar.

We've decided that we've enjoyed this cruise so much that we're going to extend again. So rather disembarking from the Fjords cruise, we'll be carrying on until the 14th of July.

How lovely. Remember to cancel the milk. Do you get to keep your cabin?

• Like 2

It's good to hear that tendering worked well, some of the reports from the British Isles cruise weren't very complimentary. 

How lovely to be able to stay on board. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

How lovely to be able to stay on board. 

We are very fortunate indeed, and the itinerary looked very good as well, with some places I haven’t been too yet as well, so was a bonus. 

35 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Do you get to keep your cabin?

Unfortunately not, but that being said, we have the same cabin just on the direct opposite side. 

During the turnaround days, since not much is open in the mornings, we use that time to pack for our move.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, MylesS said:

Unfortunately not, but that being said, we have the same cabin just on the direct opposite side. 

My partner and I are doing this on QA after Christmas (Princess Grill out to Hamburg and Britannia Inside back… just to see both ends of the spectrum 😂).

We also booked cabins on the same deck to smooth the transfer… hope it goes well for you.

Jealous of your tendering experience… I’ve only ever been on one, on the Norwegian Epic. Not exactly a White Star experience, but the view on the approach to Cannes has set a high bar for an eventual second attempt!

• Like 2