Wonder of the Seas Shows

Does the Wonder have a place where you can see the show schedule? I remember in the past there was a pretty accurate schedule you could find ahead of time

How far out until available for reserving?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

Under 60 days. Use the app set to current sailing to see the shows.

This, just be aware that they have been playing around with the days/times in recent months. I was on Wonder in March and last week and will be on again next month and the days/times have changed slightly each time (even doing the same exact itinerary on 2 of them).

I'll add the show schedule from last week in a separate post from my phone (currently on laptop).

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, cruisinfanatic said:

Does the Wonder have a place where you can see the show schedule? I remember in the past there was a pretty accurate schedule you could find ahead of time

How far out until available for reserving?

I wouldn’t worry about reserving shows in the theater. Wonder has two of the worst shows on any RCI ship, Voices and Effectors II. I think that played in to the decision to move Wonder to doing short 3/4 day cruises in the near future (show quality is usually not too important on shorter cruises). Of course the shows are just my opinion, others will likely have more positive comments about these shows 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I wouldn’t worry about reserving shows in the theater. Wonder has two of the worst shows on any RCI ship, Voices and Effectors II. I think that played in to the decision to move Wonder to doing short 3/4 day cruises in the near future (show quality is usually not too important on shorter cruises). Of course the shows are just my opinion, others will likely have more positive comments about these shows 

So agree with you re: Voices.  I thought it was horrible.  Effectors II is ok....once....but no need to see it again.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bajathree said:

think Effectors is one of the worst shows Royal has done.

And yet they have a trilogy now. 🤷‍♂️

Other than enjoying the special effects at the end of Effectors II on Wonder (only one I’ve seen), I agree. My young nieces liked it far more than the adults in the family.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

And yet they have a trilogy now. 🤷‍♂️

Other than enjoying the special effects at the end of Effectors II on Wonder (only one I’ve seen), I agree. My young nieces liked it far more than the adults in the family.

Yea...after watching Effectors on Odyssey we passed on Wonder.

22 hours ago, pyrateslife4me84 said:

Effectors is good if you like campy shows. It’s kind of like a clean The Boys. 

Hardly.  It's like a dreadful musical version of an old TV cartoon... think WonderTwins or PowerPuff Girls. It just shows how Royal panders to all things kid-friendly these days and has abandoned their adult Broadway style shows on all the newer ships.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TheHawk1 said:

Hardly.  It's like a dreadful musical version of an old TV cartoon... think WonderTwins or PowerPuff Girls. It just shows how Royal panders to all things kid-friendly these days and has abandoned their adult Broadway style shows on all the newer ships.

You mean like Cats or We Will Rock You, shows that people continually complain about and walk out of? Is it that hard to figure out why they are abandoning such shows? They can’t afford shows people might actually want to see. 

5 minutes ago, pyrateslife4me84 said:

You mean like Cats or We Will Rock You, shows that people continually complain about and walk out of? Is it that hard to figure out why they are abandoning such shows? They can’t afford shows people might actually want to see. 

Was thinking more like Hairspray, Grease, Chicago and Mama Mia, all of which are (were in the case of Chicago) quite good productions for being on a cruise line.

2 minutes ago, TheHawk1 said:

Was thinking more like Hairspray, Grease, Chicago and Mama Mia, all of which are (were in the case of Chicago) quite good productions for being on a cruise line.

What else would you suggest they find for similar prices? Heaven forbid they show Hairspray on 4 ships. 

And, yes, they are good productions that nonetheless do not fill the theatres because too many people won’t sit for 2 hours. Why pay licensing fees to be unable to fill a theatre? 

21 hours ago, TheHawk1 said:

They were excellent quality shows when they all first came out ...IMHO equal to their Broadway counterparts. However after sailing Oasis class over 25X I have to say I watched them all slip. None of the future casts were as good as the original cast of each. Also how many times are you going to keep watching the same show as a repeat cruiser?!?! These shows got stale as with the investments they had to put into them they were stuck with them for way too long. They did make for great advertising and commercial though for RCCL.

7 hours ago, bajathree said:

They were excellent quality shows when they all first came out ...IMHO equal to their Broadway counterparts. However after sailing Oasis class over 25X I have to say I watched them all slip. None of the future casts were as good as the original cast of each. Also how many times are you going to keep watching the same show as a repeat cruiser?!?! These shows got stale as with the investments they had to put into them they were stuck with them for way too long. They did make for great advertising and commercial though for RCCL.

I agree you can only watch something so many times before it gets stale, no matter how good it is. But does anyone really think Effectors II will have longevity for repeat viewing?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TheHawk1 said:

But does anyone really think Effectors II will have longevity for repeat viewing?

It doesn't even have longevity for first time watching if you don't have kids....lol

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, TheHawk1 said:

I agree you can only watch something so many times before it gets stale, no matter how good it is. But does anyone really think Effectors II will have longevity for repeat viewing?

Would rather watch the Broadway shows multiple times (Grease, Hairspray, Mamma Mia, etc) than Effectors....am I have seen my favorites many times.  Effectors was fine, and I get  why Royal produced such a show as it can appeal to kids and adults, but definitely prefer a real Broadway show.  Mamma Mia and We Will Rock You are my personal favorites currently playing on Royal ships.