Robes for stateroom use

I understand you can request robes to be provided for your cabin but only if they are requested in advance. I think they have to be requested through the Cruise Personaliser. I can’t find anywhere to request them. Can anyone point me in the right direction. 

We requested robes on the app a month before. They were not in the cabin when we got there. We just asked the steward and it was in the room when we came back from dinner. 

• Like 1

I ordered in advance and they were not here when I boarded, I know I can ask my room steward, I have not. I find the new APP inferior to the old APP and in many instances pretty much worthless. 

52 minutes ago, tulok said:

We requested robes on the app a month before. They were not in the cabin when we got there. We just asked the steward and it was in the room when we came back from dinner. 

Ships no longer look at the robe requests for the room. We were told this on a couple different ships by the deck housekeeping supervisor. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, imescaping said:

I ordered in advance and they were not here when I boarded, I know I can ask my room steward, I have not. I find the new APP inferior to the old APP and in many instances pretty much worthless. 

It's not a fault with the app ordering in advance. In the last year, the housekeeping department was advised to disregard the pre-orders for robes. 

1 hour ago, sandancer said:

Thanks. Unfortunately it only lists 2 items, bed set up and language choice. Nothing else. 

Didn’t realize you’re in England.  
Website is different. Why, IDK.

Like others mentioned, just tell your cabin steward. NP.

Robes may not be available the first day (in your room).  I would rather have my steward remove the used robes...send them to laundry....and have them returned the next day, clean and refreshed.

From my understanding, the ship has 3 times the number of sets of sheets (in the room, in the laundry, in the storage cabinet).  I can't imagine they have the same inventory for suite (plush) and other cabins.  So they do need to be turned around on embarkation day.

95% of the time, I do have robes waiting for me in my suite.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2024 at 11:33 AM, startedwithamouse said:

It's not a fault with the app ordering in advance. In the last year, the housekeeping department was advised to disregard the pre-orders for robes. 

I was not very clear in the way I worded that in the post. We didn’t have robes though requested, yet my son and his wife did. (This was their 1st princess cruise and they were in a premium balcony, we were in a mini suite and I am Platinum and my DH Ruby). Not a biggie but why ask and then direct your staff to disregard? The addition of the comment about the APP was a separate issue. The APP has issues and is worthless, robes not withstanding. 

4 minutes ago, imescaping said:

The APP has issues and is worthless, robes not withstanding. 

I have very little issue with the app. I have 2 cruises booked for next year and am checked in and Green Lane all the way except for being able to make dinner reservations at this time. Since the cruises are more than a year away it's not an issue. While onboard we have found the app to function quite well.

As for robes... Bleh. Never use them and the ones we have seen in the past wouldn't fit anyway. However, there seems to always be at least one in the closet when we check into our cabin.

2 hours ago, imescaping said:

I was not very clear in the way I worded that in the post. We didn’t have robes though requested, yet my son and his wife did. (This was their 1st princess cruise and they were in a premium balcony, we were in a mini suite and I am Platinum and my DH Ruby). Not a biggie but why ask and then direct your staff to disregard? The addition of the comment about the APP was a separate issue. The APP has issues and is worthless, robes not withstanding. 

Our last cruise was 32 days, and app was perfect to use. 

The guest is selecting that shoreside, prior to the cruise. The ships do what they want, their own way, meaning they don't care what a lot is chosen on the app. Look at the persona section. The dining preferences section - the ship doesn't care what speed you want or where you want to sit. They don't look. 

Robes get laundered on turnover day.  All you have to do is ask your steward and you will get them by day 2.     It’s not anything to get annoyed about. 

• Like 1

On 7/13/2024 at 4:57 PM, Thrak said:

I have very little issue with the app. I have 2 cruises booked for next year and am checked in and Green Lane all the way except for being able to make dinner reservations at this time. Since the cruises are more than a year away it's not an issue. While onboard we have found the app to function quite well.

As for robes... Bleh. Never use them and the ones we have seen in the past wouldn't fit anyway. However, there seems to always be at least one in the closet when we check into our cabin.

Perhaps the APP issues vary by device. Could also be the user error, tech is not my strong point. The previous APP functioned well for me and was easy to use. This new one seems buggy and was cumbersome for me to use. Just my experience. 

I have not read any of the replies to your question here. I just know when we did the Regal in February, I ASK for robes once we met our room steward, and he brought them to us.

Posted (edited)
On 7/13/2024 at 6:57 PM, Thrak said:

The robe will fit your wife.  I use mine.  For bigger guys....not so much!

Edited by suzyed

On 7/3/2024 at 6:31 PM, PacnGoNow said:

Cruise personalizer>check in>move down>on board preferences >robes in your cabin

And don't click on >check in>move down>on board preferences >robes for buffet use

• Haha 1

Just ask your steward on embarkation day. They'll deliver them within a few hours. It's never been an issue or problem for us and we've had them six times across six ships.