Has anyone taken bright line train from Miami?

I'm flying into Miami from rome next may and need to get to orlando or port Canaveral. Any suggestions? How do you get discounts on brightline. I'm assuming you need the premium if you have luggage.. 

Have not used the train but there is no station for Port Canaveral. Orlando would be closest to the port. Also, you would need transportation from MIA to the train station in Miami.

3 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I'm flying into Miami from rome next may and need to get to orlando or port Canaveral. Any suggestions? How do you get discounts on brightline. I'm assuming you need the premium if you have luggage.. 

You can subscribe to their mailing list for specials.  Booking ahead is less expensive and you can pay separately for luggage if you don't opt for the premium fare.  The Brightline Orlando station is at MCO.  I am planning to use it next year from Miami to MCO.  It looks like getting a premium ticket does include at least one ride share subsidy  

• Like 1

You don't need premium for luggage. All of the train cars have space for luggage storage, and all classes of fare can check luggage (at least until they're full).

10 minutes ago, hrhdhd said:

You don't need premium for luggage. All of the train cars have space for luggage storage, and all classes of fare can check luggage (at least until they're full).

There are extra fees for checked luggage image.thumb.png.728b5602b7de40553d385ae3b164c35c.png

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

Only a carry on size like the airport not full size check bags

Wrong. I have ridden Brightline 3 times with luggage. I checked my large bag (26") once and then just carried it on twice when I figured out it was possible. Save the money; bring it on the train.

Edited by hrhdhd

Posted (edited)

I doubt they will die but expect they will need a government bailout ... local paper: The opening of a station in Orlando has given Brightline a huge infusion of revenue. However, the Miami-based train company still reported a net loss of more than $116 million in the first three months of 2024.

A station for Cocoa has been 'approved' but the location not yet set. The nearest the tracks get to the port is 8 miles away ..... the track runs along side US-1 from Miami to Cocoa until SR-528, then turns west . . .

A

image.thumb.png.006f50da9640f03ef4c086feca644fc0.png

Edited by Capt_BJ

On 7/11/2024 at 5:12 PM, Capt_BJ said:

I doubt they will die but expect they will need a government bailout ... local paper: The opening of a station in Orlando has given Brightline a huge infusion of revenue. However, the Miami-based train company still reported a net loss of more than $116 million in the first three months of 2024.

A station for Cocoa has been 'approved' but the location not yet set. The nearest the tracks get to the port is 8 miles away ..... the track runs along side US-1 from Miami to Cocoa until SR-528, then turns west . . .

A

image.thumb.png.006f50da9640f03ef4c086feca644fc0.png

The station will be located at US1 and the beeline, per the news article

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KINGBOBOFTHENORTH said:

Correct.....at 2800 Clearlake Road in Cocoa.

Yep

Think this was announced earlier this year. I believe they purchased this land in 2021 and people were guessing that it would be the station

• Like 1

On 7/7/2024 at 4:59 AM, firefly333 said:

We are also taking the train from Miami to Orlando to catch our flight after our cruise.

Next week, starting Monday the 22nd, is Bright Week where they are advertising a week of promotions and sales.  But you have to be subscribed to their email mailing list.  www.gobrightine.com

1 hour ago, cruise_co said:

We are also taking the train from Miami to Orlando to catch our flight after our cruise.

Next week, starting Monday the 22nd, is Bright Week where they are advertising a week of promotions and sales.  But you have to be subscribed to their email mailing list.  www.gobrightine.com

I tried clicking on the link to soun up for deals but no form but I booked premium for next may and I'm getting promos but they are all for close in dates, not next may. No promos are currently offered past sept 30 2024. Fyi. I am looking forward to trying brightline. If closer in there are promos I'll be keeping track. I booked a miami hotel finally just this morning. I'll check out the next morning by 11 am. The $10 uber credit starts at 11 am. My ride is 12:50 pm. If it gets cheaper to leave in the morning I'll move the time up.