Free at Sea bonuses just removed from my reservation

I will be contacting NCL tomorrow during business hours, but I was wondering if this happened to anyone else currently booked on NCL.  I just received an email that attaches a new confirmation of my cruise.  It shows a credit for beverage service charges and a couple of other things.  When I log into my account it seems I've had my Free at Sea promos that were part of my package removed and I no longer have my upgrade offers.  Anyone have something similar happen to them on NCL?  I've cruised several times with NCL and have never had my promos removed from my reservation.  I'm booked on the Escape for the end of September.

• Like 1

Wow!  That is scary.  Have you made any changes to your reservation since originally booked?  Upgrade to higher category, lower price change, etc, etc?

I'm glad you got the new confirmation so that you could resolve it!

• Like 1

this reminds of a similar issue i had many many years ago when they was a glitch in the reservation system where the fas gratuities got removed from guest 2 and applied to guest 1. causing guest 1 to have two fas gratuities . it took about a day for the correct account departing to fix it

• Thanks 1

The phone call went great -- thank goodness.  My cruise consultant was quick, sympathetic and had it fixed within minutes.  It seems there are internal IT "issues" that might have been at least some of the problem.  Bottomline their website is a little glitchy and I won't be using the app until I am on board. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, beeboopdeboop said:

Bottomline their website is a little glitchy 

Say what? Glitches at NCL website? Nah, never... 😄 

• Haha 11

NCL proudly transitioned and outsourced much / some / partially their back-end IT operations and promised to bring excitement and innovations to cruising.  Let's have "faith" and trust them to do the right things, huh ... while we crossed our fingers & legs, and take a few extra deep breath.   Well, not going to worry about our 2 NCL bookings yet since final payment isn't due for 100+ days while all systems are "go" with our closer Cunard & Royal Caribbean cruises.  

Not going to be like Bill to check daily, maybe once a week or every other week should suffice for now, LOL 😆  😬  🙄 

This post made me check my reservation (we are 41 days out) and only noticed now that FAS has 1 speciality dining meal rather than 2 as it was before. Does anyone know when this was changed? We had another cruise booked later last year and the allowance was still 2 speciality dining meals.

How many days is your cruise? Also, it could be different for your because you are from Ireland and you typically have different promotions than the US does. We are booked on a 7 day in February, and ours is showing 2 meals for the 7 day.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, JoLoca2208 said:

This post made me check my reservation (we are 41 days out) and only noticed now that FAS has 1 speciality dining meal rather than 2 as it was before. Does anyone know when this was changed? We had another cruise booked later last year and the allowance was still 2 speciality dining meals.

2 dinners for cruises of 12 and more  unless you're balcony or above.

It was the same last year. 

Edited to add: For balcony and above 2 dinners start at 7 days.

Edited by Asawi
  • Like 1

I checked our booking a week before our last cruise.  Noticed that the FAS had disappeared.  Called travel agent.  They had no luck reasoning with NCL.  I called NCL, same response.  Upon boarding, went to customer service.  Showed them the before and after bookings, luckily I had printed both of them.  They said I had a case number, and it would be reviewed.  That was 6 months ago, and still no word.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, mrbucky said:

I checked our booking a week before our last cruise.  Noticed that the FAS had disappeared.  Called travel agent.  They had no luck reasoning with NCL.  I called NCL, same response.  Upon boarding, went to customer service.  Showed them the before and after bookings, luckily I had printed both of them.  They said I had a case number, and it would be reviewed.  That was 6 months ago, and still no word.

Time to become that wheel.... squeak...squeak...squeak...

• Haha 1

Whew, since we moved our NCL bookings further back (into 2025) and we aren't close to final payment/cancellation deadline yet - not going to sweat it "now".  Did check and everything on our reservations appeared unchanged.  

Between the new I.T. folks in charge and the latest global outage/crash with computer OS running on Windows ... rest assured the ball is being kicked around and the bucks getting passed.  Still have an OEM Windows 2000 NT/server CD stored away ... not sure if I can find the old Win 3.1 floppies (remember those 3.5" installation HDFD) for digital data disaster recovery.  Go Linux !!! 

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

This may be what happened to us.  We had no packages associated with our booking at all upon boarding and we were in The Haven.  The concierge emailed the home office and we were offered the package for $465 which was reasonable, but I do think we actually originally had the package when we booked the previous November and I have no idea what happened that it disappeared.

Edited by SuiteTraveler

11 hours ago, mking8288 said:

not sure if I can find the old Win 3.1 floppies (remember those 3.5" installation HDFD) for digital data disaster recovery.  Go Linux !!! 

You're going to start making COBOL cool again, aren't you? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

You're going to start making COBOL cool again, aren't you? 

LOL, and FORTRAN - nope, never got into computer programming back in the SUNY Binghamton days then ... go as far back as PC-DOS, Wang OS (used in word processing training programs vis-a-vis IBM) and a tiny bit of Unix network stations - right around the times Bill Gates was fooling around with those 32 and 64 bits Tandy (Radio Shacks)  

You already re-routed clients traveling from your business that are traveling this week with bookings on Delta ... simply cannot believe their IT competencies and lack of (digital) disaster recovery & a workable business continuity operation plans.  I just checked our upcoming UAL reservations next month, all 4 flight segments & seat assignments are good, whew. 

Goes back to my mindset, go easy and go with the flow and if SHTF, that's what insurances are for ... NCL is going to behave like NCL, and one can pound sand until eternity, it is what it is.  

• Haha 1

We had the opposite thing happen.  Looked at my booking just before we left for Europe and, very strangely, it showed Premium Plus (to the tune of $500+ each) as a "purchased item".  I never purchased it, never paid for it, never put it in my cart, never looked at it twice.  What the heck?  I remembered the recent incident where a woman put something in her cart but the never actually purchased it and then had her reservation cancelled without notice.  When she showed up at the pier she was denied boarding. So I was concerned. 

Caused us a considerable amount of anxiety since we did not have time to sort it out before leaving and were going to be at sea on a 12 day Celebrity cruise right up until the day before we were to embark on our NCL cruise so it would not be possible for NCL to contact us on the other ship.  We have a good PCC so left it in her hands, brought plenty of paperwork showing "payment complete" and hoped for the best.  All okay at the pier but the stress it caused was not nice.

• Thanks 1

I have a cruise coming up in 8 days. Paid in full on 4/1. On 7/2 I received a “cruise confirmation” that had an additional balance of $1040 owed. I ignored it for a bit but then I did my online check in and my Edocs wouldn’t populate. I figured it had to do sign this “balance” I compared the paid in full statement to this latest one and the $1040 was an “air fee” even though we had already paid the “air/air taxes”. It stressed me out and I’m glad my reservation wasn’t cancelled. I called and it was removed and taken care of quickly. But made me ponder how many people don’t call and just pay the extra?! 

• Like 2

On 7/22/2024 at 6:54 PM, Asawi said:

Edited to add: For balcony and above 2 dinners start at 7 days.

Thanks, makes sense, as our previous cruise was booked in a balcony cabin. This incoming one was originally booked as an inside, but we've upgraded since to a balcony. Would you know by any chance if we can get an additional allowance now, or does it stay at 1 speciality dining as per the original booking?

5 minutes ago, JoLoca2208 said:

Thanks, makes sense, as our previous cruise was booked in a balcony cabin. This incoming one was originally booked as an inside, but we've upgraded since to a balcony. Would you know by any chance if we can get an additional allowance now, or does it stay at 1 speciality dining as per the original booking?

I THINK you'll get the extra dinner if you upgraded the "regular" (not by the bidding process). It should be on the new confirmation for the new room.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Asawi said:

I THINK you'll get the extra dinner if you upgraded the "regular" (not by the bidding process). It should be on the new confirmation for the new room.

It was by bidding process, so it won't apply. Good to know for the future, thanks!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JoLoca2208 said:

Don’t know about your particular situation but NCL does sell specialty dining packages on top of what you get with FAS.