New Unlimited Features Make Princess Cruises' Premier Package the Best Value in Cruising

LACruiser88

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

That’s a new charge then, the cancellation $10 fee.

Have not booked since their new unlimited SD will be in effect.  They must have programmed the new fee now.

This will keep their duplicate bookings down, and no shows.  If it were 50%, it would really get some attention. 😆

Will be interesting to see how this is implemented.  Will it be auto programmed, upon a +24 hour cancellation?  Or, if someone wants to change/edit their reservation, after 24 hours?
We will see.  

Yesterday, my CVP said that there will be a $10 fee for no show at specialty dining and a 50% fee for no show at 360.  Oh, and daily gratuities are going up by a $1 a day soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Abercrombie2019 said:

Yesterday, my CVP said that there will be a $10 fee for no show at specialty dining and a 50% fee for no show at 360.  Oh, and daily gratuities are going up by a $1 a day soon.

Thanks for that information.  They’ll probably update the website soon, I hope.

I wish their IT could concentrate on correcting the App errors first.  But, fees and increases come first.  😮

More updates!! Seems it continual these days.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Abercrombie2019 said:

If you sail with a package then there's no worry, if not you can always pre-pay the gratuities to avoid any increase. 

4 hours ago, 555 said:

There going to charge a fine of 1/2 the value for people who make reservations & don't show. (Specialty dining only, not 360.) 

It's a good move in my opinion. 

I listened to the YouTube video again & there is a charge for no showing up for the 360. It's $75 per person.

18 hours ago, Hobby3333 said:

I am not sure if the extra benefits are worth the extra dollars.   We enjoyed eating in the Signature Dining.  I never reach the 15 drinks, close but no cigar.   It was difficult enough getting reservations at a decent time with the three dining options.   

No everyone pays for an upgraded cabin to enjoy the signature dining.  Those that stay in steerage may enjoy specialty dining more often.  Hopefully they decide to expand Sabatini's and Crown Grill to include sea day lunch options, similar to what Royal does on many of their ships.

11 hours ago, caribill said:

The benefit of nightly specialty dining does not mean you can dine at the restaurant you want.

It could be that all of the available slots for your entire cruise are only in your third choice restaurant.

Well on many ships there are only 2 SD venues so there would be no 3rd choice

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 555 said:

In the future you better make sure to cancel that late reservation or pay their fine for not showing. 

We would always cancel to free that space up just good manners

• Like 3

2 hours ago, 555 said:

I don't know if this will post or not. If it does, the no show for restaurants is around 3:20.

History show this blogger has about a 50% accuracy rate

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

34 minutes ago, Retired-N-Happy said:

No everyone pays for an upgraded cabin to enjoy the signature dining.  Those that stay in steerage may enjoy specialty dining more often.  Hopefully they decide to expand Sabatini's and Crown Grill to include sea day lunch options, similar to what Royal does on many of their ships.

I really don’t want a massive meal in the middle of the day. Or pay dinner prices for lunch.  MTG lunch is large enough that I skip breakfast those days

• Like 1

12 hours ago, paddingtonbear said:

I agree about selling a limited resource (SD) to hundreds of people who won’t get access.

I do not know if Princess has changed their expectations, but it had been expected that 50% of passengers would book with Plus and 25% with Premier.

So on the "smaller" ships with 3100 passengers, about 775 people would book with Premier and could possibly expect to dine in a specialty restaurant every evening. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, memoak said:

I really don’t want a massive meal in the middle of the day. Or pay dinner prices for lunch.  MTG lunch is large enough that I skip breakfast those days

MTG?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 555 said:

If you sail with a package then there's no worry, if not you can always pre-pay the gratuities to avoid any increase. 

And of course there is the percentage of cruisers that are package less that could care less about the amount of gratuities since they pull them.

13 hours ago, paddingtonbear said:

“Elite and Platinum guests will have access to reservations for the main dining room and specialty restaurants as part of Dine My Way ( no full payment required) at the time of booking.”

Everyone else has to wait until 90 days before departure to book. 

Yes, thank you. An individual may not see SD availability for their upcoming cruise, but the ability to search for/reserve a table at the time of booking is an Elite/Platinum perk nevertheless. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, memoak said:

You wouldn't be paying dinner prices for lunch since it would already be included for Premier package purchasers.  On Royal, their steak house and Italian venues have a specific reduced choice lunch menu at a reduced price as well.  But it's all included if you purchase their unlimited specialty meal package.

4 minutes ago, Retired-N-Happy said:

You wouldn't be paying dinner prices for lunch since it would already be included for Premier package purchasers.  On Royal, their steak house and Italian venues have a specific reduced choice lunch menu at a reduced price as well.  But it's all included if you purchase their unlimited specialty meal package.

So people with the plan could book up both lunch and dinner every day if they wanted to   That is not going to help in my opinion. We will stick with our suites and get embarkation dinner in SD and Reserve dining which we totally enjoy and if we feel like another SD we will prevail on the Sabatini’s breakfast manager or suite concierge to squeeze us in after 8:00. And yes this has been offered to us many times as in “We are full tonight but we Weill find a table for you”

Edited by memoak

1 hour ago, memoak said:

History show this blogger has about a 50% accuracy rate

I didn't realize that.

I normally don't pay her much attention, but I won't post her video's any more. Sorry. 

• Thanks 2

19 hours ago, Abercrombie2019 said:

• Shipboard management reserves the right to add additional restrictions and revoke or cancel the Plus Beverage Package at any point during a guest’s voyage for any reason with or without a prorated refund. Additional actions may be taken if guests:
    • Become intoxicated
    • Provide beverages to other guests or do NOT comply with the terms, conditions and limitations of the package
    • Exhibit behavior that is inappropriate, a safety risk to themselves or others, or become offensive or disruptive to other cruise guests or staff
    • Exceed, or attempt to circumvent, the daily limits and service limitations outlined

A couple of years ago on Seabourn we had an Irish Priest who was the ships Chaplain onboard.  He was drunk all the time.  After he puked on one of the guests, they confined him to his cabin and put him off the ship in the next port.