Is it okay to where CCL shirts on RCCL,,,

REGINA

We are taking our first RCCL cruise and most of my summer t-shirts are various Carnival shirts from previous cruises.

Has anyone ever seen people do this? I don't want to get beat up or anything!!!!

hmmmmm, all your t-shirts have CCL logo's on them, or just all of your "cruise t-shirts"? I purge logo shirts like once per year (none of them cruise-related). Maybe you'll take donations?

Seriously though...these are your only t-shirts, that you wear anywhere (forget just cruisin')? Maybe it's just a shift in mindset about what you bring on a cruise?

Tracy

I'm not one who would think negative thoughts. In fact, I think it's a good way to meet people. I'm one who would ask, 'oh, which Carnival ship did you sail? What did you liike about Carnival? What ports did you visit?' Then I'd probably ask what the comparisons are to RCCL...etc.' I wouldn't take wearing the t-shirt too seriously. Nobody at Delta airlines gave me trouble about wearing an American Airlines shirt. (Don't even start with the jokes, this was before all of the financial turmoil, LOL!)

Not gettiing the flame thrower out.

Seriously though? Are you asking because you WANT to wear another cruisline logo t-shirt or because you HAVE to? It might be just me but I would kinda look at you funny if you wore a Carnival logo shirt on a Royal Caribbean cruise. Call me "snobby" but it wouldn't bother me if you wore, say, a Radisson Seven Seas Cruises logo t-shirt instead. But a Carnival t-shirt?:eek:

Wear what you want if you don't really care what people think. But since you posted the question, I guess you "do" care what people might think. But I wouldn't wear it.

:D I had planned on wearing my RCCI jacket on our upcoming Princess cruise ( our first with Princess) - I wonder how that will be received? We have cruised 7 times with RCCI and have many t - shirts we may bring along too.

I've been on Princess & RCCI cruises and wore tee shirts from other cruises and no one ever said anything. I wear them because I like cruising and sometimes it strikes up conversations and I've never had anyone say anything derogatory' date=' I like collecting them.[/color']

Debbie

It's no big deal. Go ahead and wear them. I have t-shirts from many different cruiselines and I wear them. Sometimes people stop me and say "I've been on that ship". It's just a t-shirt. If it's big concern, just pack a few and wait and buy some onboard. They run those cheapy t-shirt sales by the pool on sea days or in the shops. I do that too. Pack enough for 4-5 days and then buy a few more.

You might get some good-natured ribbing from the CD staff...on our last cruise the Bingo commissioner (the guy who checks that all the Bingo balls are present) was wearing a Carnival t-shirt. The Assistant CD first made sure *everyone* in the theatre knew about the t-shirt, handed the guy a RCCL t-shirt upon completion of his duties and asked him please to go change. NOW.

We are taking our first RCCL cruise and most of my summer t-shirts are various Carnival shirts from previous cruises.

Has anyone ever seen people do this? I don't want to get beat up or anything!!!!

We see all kinds of different items including.....shirts, hats, visors, shopping bags....from other crusie lines. Nobody cares........:)

Now.......if you wear an NFL or MLB or College logo.......you are fair game........:)

You might get some good-natured ribbing from the CD staff...on our last cruise the Bingo commissioner (the guy who checks that all the Bingo balls are present) was wearing a Carnival t-shirt. The Assistant CD first made sure *everyone* in the theatre knew about the t-shirt, handed the guy a RCCL t-shirt upon completion of his duties and asked him please to go change. NOW.

Thanks Windjamming! Was going to leave my DAM T-shirt at home but think I will wear it to Bingo and get there early. Maybe I can get a free RCCL shirt to wear on my next HAL cruise where I can get a new t-shirt for my next RCCL cruise. WOW you are on to something fun. Love it!;) ;) ;)

Sploosh! Was that the sound of the OP going over the side? Gasp! Kidding.

People are not going to keel haul you. Some moron will come up and make a crack. Be sure and say, "Hi Nancy!" cause it's probably me.

I consider something like that a conversation opener because people will wear Ohio State (the college of horrors to a U of M fan) on a cold November day here in Ann Arbor and I never fail to smile and ask them why they are taking their lives in their hands? It's usually met with a good sense of humor and someone I would be happy to have a drink with.

Of course I'm weird, but most people on the boards know that.:D

Wear them. Who on earth sits around reading t-shirt logos on a cruise? It's not like when you're sitting in an airport and have nothing better to do. On a cruise I wear all my pastel t-shirts from goodness knows where, and they all symbolize the joys of cruising for me.

Man, I need another cruise! I've been cruise free for nine weeks and I want one bad.

No big deal, I think it would be a good conversation starter. :)

On the other hand...do what my DH did and wear a RC shirt (white golf with RC logo) you'll look official and everyone will ask you all kinds of questions....he swears he will never wear that shirt again on any ship....period! :eek:

Archived