Last Time we will see the Oosterdam in San DIego till October

LAFFNVEGAS

I have always enjoyed Saturday morning pulling up the San Diego web cam to see my Oosterdam in port. It is kind of sad to know it will be several months till she is back in San Diego. On the good side Jim Hannah and his DW will be boarding the Oosterdam today for the Coastal Cruise to Vancouver:) so I wish Jim and Donna a Bon Voyage.

Although a week from right now I will be on a flight heading to Vancouver so I can get on another "dam" ship the Ryndam next Sunday:D I guess for the summer I will just have to watch the very small LIVE web cam of Vancouver for all those "dam" ships:cool:

1146066809383781.jpg

Hi Lisa,

I hope you will make a print of Jim and Donna waving to you.

Due to the time-difference I will check it tomorrow.

Hi Ine, I am not sure that Jim plans to do the 3 PM wave we had not spoke about it. If I can I will check the web cam just in case. although we are still have this SUPER big sale at work and I have been so very busy. I have been working my tail off:D and they have been making me work so I cannot spend my normal time on the boards:eek:

Have a good evening and say Hi to Ton :)

Hi Ine, I am not sure that Jim plans to do the 3 PM wave we had not spoke about it. If I can I will check the web cam just in case. although we are still have this SUPER big sale at work and I have been so very busy. I have been working my tail off:D and they have been making me work so I cannot spend my normal time on the boards:eek:

Lisa,

It may be sad for you, but it means that it is just that much closer for DW and I to board her in Seattle for Alaska.

Richard

Richard, yes I remember that feeling well two years ago when we went to Alaska on the Oosterdam in May 2004. You will love it. Seattle Dock area is not the most beautiful but just seeing the Oosterdam as you drive up makes it look great.

186533115Cqouyh_ph.jpg.017246a81521a5b1c7f3d6a64953f9db.jpg

Does that mean a SUPERsalary too?????

I will check anyway tomorrow, maybe he thinks about it.

Take care, say hi to TOM.

We San Diegans will miss seeing the beautiful Oosterdam sailing in every Sat. It's always fun to go down to the embarcadero and have fish and chips at Anthony's and see her docked there.

Ah, Lisa, work limiting time at the boards... I know. I've come to the conclusion that my job is definitly interferring with my travel! :(

I really look forward to hearing about you Ryndam adventures! Just a few days. You must be so excited!

• 2 weeks later...

Would someone please post a link to the San Diego Webcam? I've been googling and not finding the right cam.

I'm at the pre-cruise hotel and wasn't lucky enough to score a harbor view room. I'd like to see the ship when I wake up in the morning. :)

Thanks bunches! I'll lift a glass in your collective honor as we embark

Cheers,

Friday

Good Morning fridayeyes,

Here is the link that I got from someone here, posting about the 3PM wave. While you all have watched in the AM, I have watched in the PM. I have caught a couple of muster drills and a couple of departures. Very nice.

http://live6.truelook.com/face/newface.jsp?func=live&name=/ecodb/sandiego/oneamerica2&pan=-101.48572&tilt=-12.994281&panfov=19.214195&tiltfov=14.976375&overlay=default&skin=default&useapplet=true&time=1145745238518&width=640&height=480&quality=60&catalogname=catalog&zoom=2.4304948&imagemap.x=511&imagemap.y=228

I need to start to find webcams of the others. Also, for any of the HALs (maybe an NCL and RCI or two) leaving from Boston, I am going to go down and get some fried clams and fries and have a little picnic watching them depart from a park. I will try to remember to take digital with me. Definitely July 7. Thinking about how much I want to be on that ship for its itinerary. Will take a nephew or two or three with me in hopes that they will get a little cruise bug (bug their mother to take cruises with me). One of nephews already promised that when he became a big baseball star, he would buy me my own cruiseship. :D DD and DH will be driving to PA for vacation that day.

Happy Tuesday everyone!

I'm watching San Diego now. There are two ships. The Oosterdam and an RCI (need to check which one). O'dam is at muster stations now. What I wouldn't give to be on either of those ships right now!

Edited: Looks like the Veendem according to a website...need to get closer look. Also it is Monarch of the Seas.....sorry I wasn't paying attention....

I have always enjoyed Saturday morning pulling up the San Diego web cam to see my Oosterdam in port. It is kind of sad to know it will be several months till she is back in San Diego. On the good side Jim Hannah and his DW will be boarding the Oosterdam today for the Coastal Cruise to Vancouver:) so I wish Jim and Donna a Bon Voyage.

Although a week from right now I will be on a flight heading to Vancouver so I can get on another "dam" ship the Ryndam next Sunday:D I guess for the summer I will just have to watch the very small LIVE web cam of Vancouver for all those "dam" ships:cool:

1146066809383781.jpg

I was pierside taking photos of Oosterdam sailiing away on April 29th. If you'd like copies of some of them, just send me your e-mail addy and I can forward.

Archived