? Ever worn same outfit twice

robthens

Fashion has always been a major part of my cruise expierence.

We have traveled and cruised with my brother & sis-in-law for many years. She & I have have always brought more clothes than we need and then say "next time" we aren't going to do it.

Well, next time is comming up in August with a trip to Paris and then a British Isles cruise. We absolutely do not want to be saddled with excess luggage and are considering for example bringing "1" formal outfit.......:eek:

Has anyone worn the same outfit twice @ dinner?

Maybe there a support group I could join to help me prepare myself for this or maybe I could go on the Dr. Phill show. LOL

We have traveled and cruised with my brother & sis-in-law for many years. She & I have have always brought more clothes than we need and then say "next time" we aren't going to do it.

Well, next time is comming up in August with a trip to Paris and then a British Isles cruise. We absolutely do not want to be saddled with excess luggage and are considering for example bringing "1" formal outfit.......:eek:

Maybe there a support group I could join to help me prepare myself for this or maybe I could go on the Dr. Phill show. LOL

I have a pair of black formal floor length palazzo pants that I wear for both of the formal nights but change the blouse that I wear with it.

I personally would not be comfortable wearing the same dress both formal nights. I know some people do it and there's nothing wrong with it, it's more about how you feel.

Do bear in mind that your formal night photo's will be the same outfit, which may or may not bother you.

I would rather opt for one bottom - either evening pants or a dressy skirt - worn twice, with two different tops.

Unfortunately, you'll probably overpack for this trip too since Paris is hot in August and the British Isles can be quite chilly.

Yes, I've done it and have not regretted it one bit. However, not formal nights, I wear the same outfit the first and last night of sailing and wear the same black pants with different tops on casual nights and dressier black pants with sparkly tops for semi-formal nights.

Separates for formal nights are a great idea, I may do that on our next cruise. I already have everything I need and I'm hoping, for once, I don't go out and buy yet another formal dress!

I will wear the same pair of shorts twice, the same T-shirts twice (after being laundered), the only thing I seem to pack too much of is bathing suits. I'm in a bathing suit so much on a cruise, I don't care to use the same two all week.

I do bring 2 different formal dresses, just because vacations are really the only time I get to wear my gowns. Hubbie wears the same suit with a diffferent vest to match my gowns. As far as the rest of my eveings I pack mix and match clothing so i dont end up wearing the same thing twice. I will wear the same pants for 2-3 nights. Considering I only have them on abour 4-5 hours a night. I also bring a travel size fabreeze and wrinkle releaser just in case. I do bring several swim suits as that is what i wear all day.

This doesn't directly answer your question but does relate a bit. Two of the very BEST outfits I ever saw on a cruise were 1) A man dressed in FULL Scottish regalia - he was truly magnificent..his wife wore a matching tartan skirt, long, with the women's ethnic accesories and a lovely white blouse with the tartan tie....They were spectacular - and they wore the outfits both formal nights! 2) A very large man wearing the most beautiful Stetson hat, western cut tuxedo jacket with ruffled shirt, cumberbun and - Bermuda shorts with knee high socks and sneakers! His bride was really decked out in more typical formal attire.

So, I say if you have something really special that maybe you don't get a chance to wear often, bring it along.

I take one pair of black dress slacks and a couple of nice dressy blouses - dress it up with nice earrings, etc..and I have always felt comfortable. I always change back in to something more comfortable after dinner anyway - I'm a casual kind of a gal!

If you can find a very basic dress, either long or short, you can most certainly wear it twice and make it look completely different with accessories. I was on a 35 day cruise that had 9 formal nights, and I wore the same long black sleeveless gown for three nights. One night I wore it with a very intricate shawl I bought in India, another night I wore it with a beaded jacket and on the third night I wore it with a long evening coat. Even in the pictures, it never looked like the same dress.

For a 7-night cruise I'd bring 4 dinner outfits (one for every night we plan to be in the dining room); we'd most likely be eating in the specialty restaurants 1-2 nights and the buffet 1-2 nights. I don't mind wearing the same outfit to the dining room one night, then another dinner venue a second night.

However, I would not "repeat" the same outfit to the dining room.

Yup! I had a basic black dress that I wore to both formal nights. I wore the same shoes and hose for both nights as well - one night I added a cropped bolero jacket, the other I added a shawl, and I changed the jewelery on the different nights. No one noticed (I think), and no one cared (again, I think. They certainly didn't look at me askance or say anything rude to me regarding any of my outfits).

I repeat all the time. I hate packing and lugging a lot of clothing, so I often bring one dress and have it laundered in between wearings. Or I buy dresses in lightweight fabrics such as chiffon that don't take up a lot of space and don't weigh very much. And as others have said, you can wear one basic black dress or outfit and accessorize it differently for some variety.

Yes

Once I had the same dress, wore if the first time with some fancy jewelry, the second time with a lovely shawl.

Another cruise I wore my favorite formal the first formal night then was invited to the captain’s table for the second formal night. I liked the first dress so much I wore it a second time.

I often wear the top I wore to dinner for a casual night, the next ( or another) day with some simple white cotton slacks. I may wear a T shirt one day to breakfast and use it another day for the gym.

I like to pack light

Marci

Archived