Carnival Secrets they usually don't tell you about

Cinderellie

Well looky here we got a smart one ma.

Hope someone is proud of your wit.

I must make you feel like a big man some ware?????

:confused: I knew what you meant and would not have even commented on it.

Someone else posted a question. I didn't think anyone was poking fun. I thought they might not have known what the dish was. Makes it easier to google.

ETA: and no, did not make me feel like a man, big or small. ;)

Lol, I knew what they meant & knew it was spelled wrong, just didn't know the correct spelling.

I especially like the comment that it didn't make you feel like a man, big or small.

At least you have a sense of humor!

........I can't think of anything to add, except if you have someone in your party that has a problem walking far, try to get them a wheelchair. In St Thomas our bus driver dropped us off at the end of the pier and we had a long long walk. My mom barely made it with her bad knees. I wish I had a wheelchair then.

Our problem is that we are both elderly and so there is nobody to push the wheelchair. I might throw money to the winds and rent an electric scooter but 2 of them would not fit into our cabin. I wish I could hire one of the Nassau locals to push us around in wheelchairs!

Our problem is that we are both elderly and so there is nobody to push the wheelchair. I might throw money to the winds and rent an electric scooter but 2 of them would not fit into our cabin. I wish I could hire one of the Nassau locals to push us around in wheelchairs!

I'm sure you could... in fact here:

http://www.bahamas.com/nassau-paradise-island/people-people

This is a program for people to get together... you might get a wonderful experience out of it.

In May at the pier in Nassau I saw several golf carts that were ferrying handicapped people to the end of the pier.

http://www.bahamas.com/bahamas-directory/nassau-paradise-island/tours/city

Many of these tours can accommodate wheel chair types.

On a completely different tack... Get one electric scooter, tie a wheelchair to it and drag hubby around behind you !!! LOL... JUST FUN/not flaming!

Lol, I knew what they meant & knew it was spelled wrong, just didn't know the correct spelling.

I especially like the comment that it didn't make you feel like a man, big or small.

At least you have a sense of humor!

Thank you. I felt badly over upsetting the person who wrote about the soup. In hindsight it would have been better to skip it & say nothing.

While on my last cruise on the Liberty I found some extra plugs in the rooms :D. DH loves to charge his million camera batteries, so we looked for anything we could get. We found extra plugs behind the bed, the bedside lamps are not hard wired, we just unplugged them when we weren't using them. I don't know if this applies to all rooms, we had a balcony.

Also, we use brightly colored duct tape on our luggage while traveling. When a zipper broke last year it doubled as a repair kit and we didn't have to carry around the entire roll. We just put a strip on all sides of our checked luggage.

Hi, just checking - I've saled Triumph twice in last year (November & just last week) & we are going again on Sept 3 - is soda really free in DR for kids under 12? I will have 2 kids with me and would LOVE to know if this is in fact the case. Also, are there any non-alcoholic drinks beside coffee/cappucino that are free? WE have always bought soda cards, but if milk and lemonade, etc... are free we may try that next week. Thanks in advance to anyone with this information :o Happy Sailing

Hi, just checking - I've saled Triumph twice in last year (November & just last week) & we are going again on Sept 3 - is soda really free in DR for kids under 12? I will have 2 kids with me and would LOVE to know if this is in fact the case. Also, are there any non-alcoholic drinks beside coffee/cappucino that are free? WE have always bought soda cards, but if milk and lemonade, etc... are free we may try that next week. Thanks in advance to anyone with this information :o Happy Sailing

At breakfast several juices are "free"... many take several glasses back to room for use later in the day. Lemonade, tea and coffee is available 24/7 on the Lido deck. Many mix half lemonade/half tea. My kids (16/20) when younger drank mostly tea and we brought some sodas/bought more at ports.

No free soda. There was once but long gone now!

• 2 weeks later...
How much is a shot of barcardi rum?

Rum and diet coke?

What about these pay ahead bar couponswork threw bon voyage?

How do they work?

You can BUY a full bottle of rum thru Bon Voyage... it's around $40 for a quart. The cost of a rum/coke is around $5-6 plus tip.

You can legally bring onboard a "reasonable" amount of soda.

The coupons are good for a drink... up to a certain price... and can be a good way to prepay for drinks... a little bit cheaper if you watch what you are getting.

We have never had food taken out of our carry off bags in port. We take sandwich bags, and large 1 gallon baggies to take our lunch with us on our days off the ship. We have sailed to most all of the Caribbean ports in the past years, and have never once had food taken out of our bag and our bags have never been searched.

We sail in 3 weeks and plan to take an adequate supply of baggies, both large and small to pack lunch every day since our cruise will be in a different port of call every day.

Just because you haven't been stopped does not mean that it is permissable or advisable. These rules are in place to prevent devastating ecological infestations that can do severe harm to the flora and fauna in a port. I urge everybody to stick to PACKAGED AND FACTORY SEALED ITEMS (e.g. boxes of cereal, bags of chips, etc.) if you insist on taking food ashore...

Just because you haven't been stopped does not mean that it is permissable or advisable. These rules are in place to prevent devastating ecological infestations that can do severe harm to the flora and fauna in a port. I urge everybody to stick to PACKAGED AND FACTORY SEALED ITEMS (e.g. boxes of cereal, bags of chips, etc.) if you insist on taking food ashore...

I AGREE completely.... Please do not take sandwiches/fruit/etc. off the ship OR ON THE SHIP!!!

I AGREE completely.... Please do not take sandwiches/fruit/etc. off the ship OR ON THE SHIP!!!

I consider myself ''green in every way and educated as a botanist and I cannot see how taking a cheese sandwich off the ship (or even an apple for that matter, which you EAT) is going to affect the flora or fauna. The problem, however, that I do see all over the world, is dumb tourists feeding the local animals unsuitable food. One example - in my hometown of Cape Town, South Africa, they regularly have to shoot and kill baboons in Nature Reserves who have gone 'rogue' because they have been fed by tourists even though they are told it is ILLEGAL and then harmed by same baboon or others who now expect to be fed because the precedent has been set.

How often doesn't one see on Americans Funniest Videos, folk feeding wild animals and the animals getting mad at the people and stealing/grabbing food. Rabies and tetanus shots are not fun or cheap!

Please don't harm wild animals by feeding them and eat the food you take off the ship and dispose of the peels/seeds carefully!

I consider myself ''green in every way and educated as a botanist and I cannot see how taking a cheese sandwich off the ship (or even an apple for that matter, which you EAT) is going to affect the flora or fauna.

A cheese sandwich could have a culture that is not present at the port you stop.. you never know. The apple is eaten BUT ALL of it? What you throw in the trash could have "stuff" on it/in it. The safest thing to do is not introduce foodstuffs into the environment...

I know it happens daily but why add to it.

Recommend putting the Room Service Continental Breakfast card outside your room each evening. Coffee, tea, juices, and rolls are a welcome treat when getting ready for the day, particularly if you have a balcony cabin and enjoy a leisurely cup of coffee or tea in the AM.

Room service is free-of-charge, however, it is appropriate to tip the server - we tip $2.00 each morning. It is a good idea to get a bundle of singles from your bank before you board the ship.

Bon Voyage and good luck trying to fit all the great activities into your cruise. Been doing this since 1990 and still have not been able to sort out which activity to take part in on any given day. If you love trivia, you'll love CARNIVAL and might even win a "ship-on-a-stick".

Archived