Identity of Cruise Director, Concierge, etc.

Rosetta

Just wanted to bump this back to the front page. There are people looking for updated info on the Jewel and Gem, so anyone who has sailed on them recently, please give an update of who is where,

thanks--also interested..sailing Gem in December;)

I have it on good authority that theres a new Jewel CD. Anyone know who it is?

Not sure, but Parker Cristan (the CD on the Jewel on the 8/14 sailing) has a facebook account and indicated that he and NCL parted ways (apparently unexpectedly from his perspective). I was on that sailing and he did a good job, so I'm not sure what happened to cause the quick switch.

Karan had to leave so right now it's been Anshuman and Maria. Anshuman will be going on vacation soon so not sure what's next and exactly when. Things were still being sorted out.

As for other Epic news' date=' quite a few staff who came on in the spring are overdue for well deserved vacations so there will be quite a few changes.

Sean is HD until Sept. but Denis (from Pearl) Prguda will be arriving Aug. 21st. At least for the new few months there are more than one F&B's and Restaurant Mgrs.

For those who have cruised NCL a lot before, you won't believe how many familiar faces you'll see from all over the fleet. They've picked some excellent crew, many of whom also have experience opening a new ship.

Any specific questions, let me know.

Tomct, don't know exactly when in Oct. but one of your favorites CD Julie will take over as Entertainment Dir. when Simon Murray goes on holidays.[/quote']

Thanks, Barb for your updates and continued wealth of information. Still haven't gotten to do any serious Epic planning, but I will "Get R Done"!!

I hope Julie is on our cruise, I've been hoping to catch up with her for 8 years. I enjoyed her on our first cruise, and since then she's been a rumor!! We were in Bermuda together, but we were on the Majesty, she on the Crown. With my luck we will miss her, but hope someone out there knows when Simon's vacation begins.

Good thing your on shore reunion was not this week!!

Adrian is leaving for vacation on September 11. Don't know who replacement will be yet.

Very sorry to hear that -- we met Adrian on the Gem last year, and he was the nicest guy! I was really hoping he'd be on board when we sail at the end of October...:(

Would love to hear who his replacement is if anyone knows.

Update on Cruise Director's as of 8/26/10:

Dawn - Matt Baker

Gem - Gary Glading

Jewel - Sinan Ulucay the ACD stepped up for the week and Shona Blair will take over

Pearl - Ray Carr

Sky - John Ibrahim

Spirit - Kyle Dobson

Star - Candi Finkelstein

Sun - Jill Tasker

Andy Steinhauser - vacation then back to Pearl

Pedro Serra - vacation then back to Sun

Paul Scally - vacation

If I am wrong on any please let me know. Also please add updated info.

Anyone know who is the CD for the Jade?

I would like to note that we also just sailed the Jewel 8/7/10 with CD Parker and we really liked him. Also the ACD Sinan is great and would be a good CD. We sailed with Shona on the Dawn and love her. So despite the changes the Jewel just keeps going from one good CD to another.

Very sorry to hear that -- we met Adrian on the Gem last year, and he was the nicest guy! I was really hoping he'd be on board when we sail at the end of October...:(

Would love to hear who his replacement is if anyone knows.

I was on the Jewel 8-7/ 8-14 and Adrian said he was going on vacation but this one was going to be a couple weeks only and then he would be back. He's a great guy! Made our cruise memorable!

yes we did ask him and the butler to do several things. If he is one of the best, I dont want to see the ones that are below him. Do you want see the copy of my request for times and dates for dinner? That he never picked up, I still have it. There are other matters but I dont want to beat a dead horse into the ground

Just to let you know we just received a reply back from ncl in today mail. Yes they did acknowledge my letter and concerns. The rest is private but I can tell you that the issues was address and we did get rewarded for the butler and conceirge lack of service and other issues. In my eyes the butler and concierge is over rated, we could have done without him for sure

Not making excuses but - everyone has a bad couple of days now and then - sometimes we just have to be patient as we don't know what's going on in one's life and this may have effected his behaviour. Especially because I've read nothing but rave reveiws for Claudio on these boards. Just a thought.

Not making excuses but - everyone has a bad couple of days now and then - sometimes we just have to be patient as we don't know what's going on in one's life and this may have effected his behaviour. Especially because I've read nothing but rave reveiws for Claudio on these boards. Just a thought.

Found it odd that you quoted Robert (rpsinnj)from 2006, who passed away a couple of years ago. Claudio left NCL a couple of years ago, and I really do miss him, he was a great concierge....

Funny how these threads stick around for so long. :)

Update on Cruise Director's as of 8/26/10:

Dawn - Matt Baker

Gem - Gary Glading

Jewel - Sinan Ulucay the ACD stepped up for the week and Shona Blair will take over

Pearl - Ray Carr

Sky - John Ibrahim

Spirit - Kyle Dobson

Star - Candi Finkelstein

Sun - Jill Tasker

Andy Steinhauser - vacation then back to Pearl

Pedro Serra - vacation then back to Sun

Paul Scally - vacation

Thanks for this list! We will be on the Star in a few days and I've never heard of Candi Finkelstein. Has anyone cruised with her as the CD? What was she like? The CD doesn't make or break our cruise but they can add to the enjoyment of it. Our favorite CD was Kieron Buffery and he was on the Star with us in 2004. He later moved to RCCL. I saw him one time when we were in port and he was shopping in town too. Was fun to have a visit with him and I was shocked that he remembered me!

Thanks for this list! We will be on the Star in a few days and I've never heard of Candi Finkelstein. Has anyone cruised with her as the CD? What was she like? The CD doesn't make or break our cruise but they can add to the enjoyment of it. Our favorite CD was Kieron Buffery and he was on the Star with us in 2004. He later moved to RCCL. I saw him one time when we were in port and he was shopping in town too. Was fun to have a visit with him and I was shocked that he remembered me!

We cruised with Candi 3/09 when she was a fill in ACD on the Gem. As an ACD we had more interaction with her than you do with a CD. We did not care for her and we did not believe she would make a good CD. Candi was very fake, very full of herself and acted like she thought she was too good to be the ACD. She also disparaged the ACD who she was filling in for. IMHO she dresses and acts like a sleazy tart and is inappropriate for NCL which is trying to build its family base through its partnership with Nickelodeon.

Archived