Identity of Cruise Director, Concierge, etc.

Rosetta

Does anyone have any information on the Gem? I'd love to know who is who.. I am sailing in December.. I have aft suite 9000. Would like to know who the butler and concierge are.

Thanks!

Last I heard from Ruth (2 weeks ago) she is headed back to the Gem as your concierge

If he indeed goes back to the Epic' date=' he will be there in January.

PE[/color']

PE. I will be on the Dawn in January. Do you think if he will be moving over to the Epic? If so who do you think will be on the Dawn???

PE. I will be on the Dawn in January. Do you think if he will be moving over to the Epic? If so who do you think will be on the Dawn???

Sorry, I misunderstood your previous post. Anshuman moved to the Epic from the beginning of her sailings. Anoop has been the Concierge on the Dawn for the last year. I am not sure what Anoop's vacation schedule is but I will ask him next week.

PE

Sorry' date=' I misunderstood your previous post. Anshuman moved to the Epic from the beginning of her sailings. Anoop has been the Concierge on the Dawn for the last year. I am not sure what Anoop's vacation schedule is but I will ask him next week.

PE

[/color']

Thank you. Would greatly appreciate it. Have a great time on your repositioning cruise. Someday I will have a chance to do one.

Will be sailing the Spirit first week of February. Anyone know if Bruce will be the concierge?

Dianne

I know Bruce's contract was extended so that he'd be on the Spirit until November I believe. He said that when I was onboard in May. 2 months is usually the vacation cycle so he'd be back onboard by your sailing. :)

I know Bruce's contract was extended so that he'd be on the Spirit until November I believe. He said that when I was onboard in May. 2 months is usually the vacation cycle so he'd be back onboard by your sailing. :)

That would be great. Have sailed with him 3 times so far.

Dianne

Not everyone would agree with you. I could care less who the officers will be on an upcoming cruise. I'll find out when I board the ship.

We've actually booked cruises based on certain crew and entertainers we were familiar with being on board. We've met some very special crew members, and seeing some familiar faces on board has made some cruises extra enjoyable for us.

Last year on the Spirit we were surprised when a server in Cagney's recognized us from the Jewel in 2005, making us wonder what the heck we did that she would recognized us four years later!! Rogelizo Nanad (nickname J. Lo) is now on our "Special List", and hope to cross paths with her again one day soon.

It would be nice to have this thread as a Sticky, but appreciate others concerns. It works OK for those of us who know how to find it, but difficult to attract "strangers" once it leaves Page 1.

We've actually booked cruises based on certain crew and entertainers we were familiar with being on board. We've met some very special crew members, and seeing some familiar faces on board has made some cruises extra enjoyable for us.

Last year on the Spirit we were surprised when a server in Cagney's recognized us from the Jewel in 2005, making us wonder what the heck we did that she would recognized us four years later!! Rogelizo Nanad (nickname J. Lo) is now on our "Special List", and hope to cross paths with her again one day soon.

It would be nice to have this thread as a Sticky, but appreciate others concerns. It works OK for those of us who know how to find it, but difficult to attract "strangers" once it leaves Page 1.

I agree with you wholeheartedly, Tom. Maybe others who don't get this, don't make "these kinds of impressions" on the crew members they interact with.

PE

Will be sailing the Spirit first week of February. Anyone know if Bruce will be the concierge?

Dianne

I heard awhile ago that his next contract was for one year on the Spirit. Sounds like good news for you.

Bruce is a "trip", and a great representative for NCL. He went out of his way for us, did some things outside the box for us and for others we know who have sailed with him. I believe he has experience as a wedding planner, and some friends we know appreciated his talents when they were married in Bermuda last year. They even returned this year for their anniversary!!

I heard awhile ago that his next contract was for one year on the Spirit. Sounds like good news for you.

Bruce is a "trip", and a great representative for NCL. He went out of his way for us, did some things outside the box for us and for others we know who have sailed with him. I believe he has experience as a wedding planner, and some friends we know appreciated his talents when they were married in Bermuda last year. They even returned this year for their anniversary!!

There's times when one would swear that he is twins or triplets the way he gets around the ship. Would love to put a pedometer on him to see how many miles he travels in a day.

Dianne

Rogaliza is amazing...my daughter and I love her!!!! To do you know where she is.....? I was hoping she would be on my upcoming Epic Cruise....

I know she had been offered an Assistant Maitre 'D postion...but I think she is very humble and was afraid to take it..... I hoep she changed her mind....I could see her as a great concierge some day......

I had the pleasure of meeting Miss Nanad onboard the Norwegian Spirit in May and she was so nice to me and my mom. I don't know how much longer she had on that contract though. Great lady and I did mention her in both a STYLE card and in my review from that trip. :) She was the Hostess for the Cagney's restaurant on there.

I had the pleasure of meeting Miss Nanad onboard the Norwegian Spirit in May and she was so nice to me and my mom. I don't know how much longer she had on that contract though. Great lady and I did mention her in both a STYLE card and in my review from that trip. :) She was the Hostess for the Cagney's restaurant on there.

Don't know, but I have a stateside friend who may have had recent contact with her, so will try to find out. Will get back to you when I hear, but not for awhile as we leave for the Epic tomorrow via Jacksonville, but I check in here frequently and will post accordingly.

I agree with you wholeheartedly' date=' Tom. Maybe others who don't get this, don't make "these kinds of impressions" on the crew members they interact with.[/color']

PE

Actually, we often are remembered by officers and crew we've met on past cruises, but that doesn't mean we choose our cruises based on who will be on the ship. In fact we enjoy being pleasantly surprised when we find someone we know...or for that matter meet officers and crew we have not had the pleasure of cruising with in the past.

No doubt the Jewel will suddenly become your favorite NCL ship once a certain hotel director transfers to her from the Dawn. I hope you enjoy those NY to Florida and the Bahamas cruises. :D We can only tolerate about one a year, and only because we desperately need to get away from the Northeast's winter weather.

Actually, we often are remembered by officers and crew we've met on past cruises, but that doesn't mean we choose our cruises based on who will be on the ship. In fact we enjoy being pleasantly surprised when we find someone we know...or for that matter meet officers and crew we have not had the pleasure of cruising with in the past.

No doubt the Jewel will suddenly become your favorite NCL ship once a certain hotel director transfers to her from the Dawn. I hope you enjoy those NY to Florida and the Bahamas cruises. :D We can only tolerate about one a year, and only because we desperately need to get away from the Northeast's winter weather.

You bring up an interesting point about being pleasantly surprised by seeing who you've happened to find on board. It does make it an easier proposition to go on a cruise with no expectations of meeting that one or two or--you know, 20--crew with whom you are friends.:rolleyes:

My Lee and I have a number of crew for whom we've gone out of our way to see on ships. Ray Carr, the greatest cruise director in the Galaxy (there was a vote, hunterjackson got out voted:D), is one such person. My Lee and I flew across the country from NY to Seattle and from NY to LA for the express purpose of seeing Mr. Carr. There are a few other crew members who we've flown to Miami or LA to visit on ships. They are always amazed and delighted to see us. I think for those folks who do work on ships watching 3000 people trudge through their home (UH-way from Hoooooome), it's nice to have a familiar face recognize them and be happy to see them.

Also, it must say something to NCL corporate to find out there are crewmembers for whom guests board their ships specifically to see. What a compliment it must be to THEM..... I look forward to seeing my friend Ray Carr, the greatest cruise director in the universe, at the end of the month. Who's with me?

And I thAnk U:

JWK: Starward.....

PS: I truly hope John O'Hara doesn't get "exiled" to the POA....

I doubt I will be sailing the Jewel, besides I have been doing the Dawn repo long before a certain hotel director joined the ship. I only cruise out of NY for the reposition cruises. I will probably be heading to the Sun or Spirit, for our fall cruise, but that all depends on the reposition offerings in the future. Enjoy your Northeast winter weather.:rolleyes:

PE

I hope John O'Hara doesn't get "exiled" to the Pride of America either. He belongs on the Jewel-class ships!! :) We'll see how all that goes when the time comes for John's vacation cycle. I know he's off the Jewel early next year for vacation (some point in January given his current contract begin date). :cool:

Archived