Identity of Cruise Director, Concierge, etc.

Rosetta

Update on Cruise Director's as of 8/26/10:

Dawn - Matt Baker

Gem - Gary Glading

Jewel - Sinan Ulucay the ACD stepped up for the week and Shona Blair will take over

Pearl - Ray Carr

Sky - John Ibrahim

Spirit - Kyle Dobson

Star - Candi Finkelstein

Sun - Jill Tasker

Andy Steinhauser - vacation then back to Pearl

Pedro Serra - vacation then back to Sun

Paul Scally - vacation

If I am wrong on any please let me know. Also please add updated info.

Anyone know who is the CD for the Jade?

I would like to note that we also just sailed the Jewel 8/7/10 with CD Parker and we really liked him. Also the ACD Sinan is great and would be a good CD. We sailed with Shona on the Dawn and love her. So despite the changes the Jewel just keeps going from one good CD to another.

Hi

Gary Gladding (who was quite superb) left Gem yesterday. He is due to go to Jade in about 6 weeks. I believe there is a new to NCL person joining.

Gary brings real energy to his team and is always out and about

Star - Patrick is the current Concierge - Belksis will be taking his place when he goes on vacation in October.

Jean-Michel (HD) is on vacation now - replaced by Dallas.

Jewel - new concierge is John D'Souza. He was our butler when we had the GV on the Star 2 years ago and he remembered us when he saw us last week. They transfered him off the Star when we were in Prince Rupert.

Star - Patrick is the current Concierge - Belksis will be taking his place when he goes on vacation in October.

Jean-Michel (HD) is on vacation now - replaced by Dallas.

Jewel - new concierge is John D'Souza. He was our butler when we had the GV on the Star 2 years ago and he remembered us when he saw us last week. They transfered him off the Star when we were in Prince Rupert.

Good to see John moving up with NCL, he was also our butler for the MR in Feb.09

1 - Who will be the CD on the Pearl mid-October?

I'm sorry I don't know about you're 2nd question, but I can tell you about the Pearl....

Some people like him, (hey there Barb), I do not. Dandy Andy Steinhauser, back from vacation, will be the CD, unless Rob Sugar, ACD offs him....

I continue to wonder how Andy got this job as CD. I rolled my mouse over to the RCCI boards and did a little search. Andy was the YOUTH COORDINATOR on Royal Caribbean. He was scheduled ONE TIME to be the CD of a RCCI cruise, but somehow, that didn't happen.

My question is, how does a Royal Caribbean reject (he was in fact fired) get to be the CD of the NCL flagship (the Gem at the time) and then the Pearl when he wasn't even ACD at Royal? And there's more....

Andy has this kid-friendly mentality that makes me scratch my head. He lets kids go to the QUEST! Now, what happens at Quest, stays at Quest, but kids don't belong on the same DECK on which the Quest is happening. No wonder they call the Pearl the PG ship.

There was a comedian on the Pearl in early summer. He flew to Miami to audition for the Sky. He was asked to do an adult, late-night show... he didn't have one because the Dandy one didn't let him do an adult late-night show. Plus the Quest on the Sky almost made this guy faint--he just stood there....eyes agape, tilted head, not quite believing what he was seeing.... But I digress.... I'm all for kids having fun. I'm all for family entertainment. But there has to be some balance. There has to be some kind of separation for adults to have a little adult fun.

Not to mention adult hot tubs... but that's another story....

I'm sayin' nothin'--I'm just saying...

And I thank you

JWK: Rated R

Does anyone know the whereabouts of concierge Carlos Zarante?

Carlos is still at home on medical leave as his broken leg is apparently still not properly mended.

Adrian, who we had as concierge for the first time last week and who was absolutely terrific, will come back in November to the Jewel. At least that is the current plan. John D'souza will take over from Adrian later this week.

Shona, over from the Dawn, is now the cruise director on the Jewel.

After having sailed with John I. last year, my group did not have the same pleasurable experience with Parker this year. I wish him well but am happy he won't be on the next NCL cruise we have booked. Sinan was our asst CD and he was EXCELLENT at both crowd control and in crowd engagement. He should be looked at more closely for moving to a CD position.

Hi

Gary Gladding (who was quite superb) left Gem yesterday. He is due to go to Jade in about 6 weeks. I believe there is a new to NCL person joining.

Gary brings real energy to his team and is always out and about

Dawn - Matt Baker

Gem - Gary Glading

Jewel - Sinan Ulucay the ACD stepped up for the week and Shona Blair will take over

Pearl - Ray Carr

Sky - John Ibrahim

Spirit - Kyle Dobson

Star - Candi Finkelstein

Sun - Jill Tasker

Andy Steinhauser - vacation then back to Pearl

Pedro Serra - vacation then back to Sun

Paul Scally - vacation

If I am wrong on any please let me know. Also please add updated info.

Anyone know who is the CD for the Jade?

I would like to note that we also just sailed the Jewel 8/7/10 with CD Parker and we really liked him. Also the ACD Sinan is great and would be a good CD. We sailed with Shona on the Dawn and love her. So despite the changes the Jewel just keeps going from one good CD to another.

Does anyone know the whereabouts of concierge Carlos Zarante?

Carlos Zarante was on the Norwegian Jewel in January when I sailed but in early March he suffered a broken lower extremity (can't remember if it was leg or ankle) and was put out on medical. It happened while he was out on an excursion. When I sailed the Jewel again in March (repeat itinerary) was when this info was given to me by Adrian. :) I haven't seen his name pop up since then. :cool:

Denis should be on the Epic by now. If not' date=' real soon.[/color']

PE

I'm so jealous not being on the Dawn's 10/10 sailing! Seems like it's the perfect way to say goodbye & I will surely miss her here in NY. Couldn't work it into my Epic cruise 10/30. Would have been nice though to stay between cruises in Florida..but, real life gets in the way. Hope you have an enjoyable cruise.

I was under the impression when I spoke with Anshuman that he was on vacation at the beginning of Oct. I guess I was wrong or something changed.

I'm so jealous not being on the Dawn's 10/10 sailing! Seems like it's the perfect way to say goodbye & I will surely miss her here in NY. Couldn't work it into my Epic cruise 10/30. Would have been nice though to stay between cruises in Florida..but, real life gets in the way. Hope you have an enjoyable cruise.

I was under the impression when I spoke with Anshuman that he was on vacation at the beginning of Oct. I guess I was wrong or something changed.

Anshuman's schedule was always up in the air because he extended his contract to move to the Epic instead of finishing his original contract on the Dawn. By moving to the Epic early he was afforded a little negotiating room of when he would finally start his vacation break. I thought that was going to be towards the end of September, but obviously things changed.

PE

PE

You lucky dogs on the Star -- I understand Belksys is back as the Concierge! :)

I would love to sail with Belkys again. We met her on the Crown, back in 2006, when she was first starting out as a Concierge. She seemed so timid and unsure of herself although efficient. It sounds like she has blossomed well.

We also met Anoop, as a butler, for the first time on that cruise. And we know how he has blossomed first hand.

PE

Archived