Identity of Cruise Director, Concierge, etc.

Rosetta

Sorry to say the HD is a man named "Kai" sp? He is our least favorite and I hope he doesn't continue to bring the morale of the Pearl's amazing crew down! We truly missed Denis Preguda (sp? Sorry)

It is amazing what a single person can or cannot do in any given situation. I am sure just about every crew member misses Denis immensely.

PE

Hey PE,

Some people were asking about the concierge on the Spirit. I was on the Epic 8/14 - 8/21, which was Anshuman's last week before vacation and he told me that he was going to the Spirit when he returned. But things may change..............I also heard that he and Karan were opening a restaurant, so who knows?

-N

Hey PE,

Some people were asking about the concierge on the Spirit. I was on the Epic 8/14 - 8/21, which was Anshuman's last week before vacation and he told me that he was going to the Spirit when he returned. But things may change..............I also heard that he and Karan were opening a restaurant, so who knows?

-N

Something is definitely going on with those two. They have been friends for a long time. I am going to squeeze Anoop for some information next week. I would love it if Anshuman went to the Spirit, as I have absolutely no desire to cruise the Epic.

We are going to try to get a tour of the Epic while we are in port with her in Roatan during our upcoming Dawn cruise. Then at least I can say I saw it.

PE

Well let me know the details when you get them. I thought Anshu and Karan were cousins?

I did the Epic to say I did the Epic if you know what I mean. It was surprisingly easy to navigate after the first or second day and my 10 year old son (this was his 9th cruise) was fine going to the pool and arcade, etc. alone or with friends.

Did the Spirit once and the Dawn twice, so I will see what is up next for me..............

I hope John O'Hara doesn't get "exiled" to the Pride of America either. He belongs on the Jewel-class ships!! :) We'll see how all that goes when the time comes for John's vacation cycle. I know he's off the Jewel early next year for vacation (some point in January given his current contract begin date). :cool:

Why does it appear that POA gets treated as the poor "stepsister" of NCL? :confused: Any information about current staff on Pride of America would be appreciated for those of considering sailing with her and trying NCL for the first time. Thanks!

We will be on a 21 day cruise out of Barcelona aboard the Jade. We are going to be in 14006. Anyone know who is the Concierge, Cruise Director, and butler on this ship? We've been on a Dawn Repo in 2009 which initially got us hooked up with NCL. We had Anoop as our Concierge and he was wonderful. Thanks so much! I've enjoyed this thread.

It is amazing what a single person can or cannot do in any given situation. I am sure just about every crew member misses Denis immensely.

PE

Heading out on the Pearl in a few weeks for the 8th time. It will definately not be the same without Denis there. The crew are not the only ones that will miss him.

Sorry to say the HD is a man named "Kai" sp? He is our least favorite and I hope he doesn't continue to bring the morale of the Pearl's amazing crew down! We truly missed Denis Preguda (sp? Sorry)

Oh no!! I hope that doesn't happen... we finally talked my younger brother and his wife to join us on a cruise!! Can anyone tell me what is Andy CD like??? And Carlos? Thanks!

Concierge is Carlos and cruise director is Andy. They both got on in LA. This answer was for the pearl.

Andy, again:confused:....:( Oh, well, I still can't wait to get on board.;) Do you know who the butler is for the AB cabins? Have they changed the main show or is it still "Oh, What a Night!"?

Thanks so much for the updates, 4 cruisers!

Why does it appear that POA gets treated as the poor "stepsister" of NCL? :confused: Any information about current staff on Pride of America would be appreciated for those of considering sailing with her and trying NCL for the first time. Thanks!

I just want John O'Hara somewhere on the East Coast or in Europe, mostly for selfish purposes because of the treatment he has always given to me when I'm onboard. I don't have any intentions of going to Hawaii until I'm much much older so his going there would mean sailing with someone new. I'm a creature of habit. :o

Here's a question...

Does anyone know what ship Katya Playikova, Bar Manager, is on?? :D

Best bar manager in the NCL fleet! :)

As of 8/14 she was on the Jewel. She is quite a trip in a good way. And she wants everyone to have a good time.

As of 8/14 she was on the Jewel. She is quite a trip in a good way. And she wants everyone to have a good time.

OMG!!!! REALLY?!?!?!?!

She is a trip and she totally does! She was an incredible part of my Spring Break. I've never known a Bar Manager before on a cruise ship... she was the first but my goodness.... she knew my drink after a quick chat with her.

Another wow for the Jewel! I can't WAIT to get back onboard! :D

PS... When is her contract done? Did you happen to grab that? (No worries if you don't know.) :)

Update on Cruise Director's as of 10/6/10:

Dawn - Matt Baker

Epic - Silas Cook til vacation middle of Oct

Gem - ???

Jade - Jill Tasker

Jewel - Shona Blair

Pearl - Andy Steinhauser

Sky -John Ibrahim til vacation shortly, then Archie will be CD,John back Nov

Spirit - Kyle Dobson

Star - Ray Carr

Sun - Pedro Serra

Candi Finkelstein - vacation

Paul Scally - ??? may be pursuing his career as a comedian?

If I am wrong on any please let me know. Also please add updated info.

Anyone know who is the CD for the Gem?

Well let me know the details when you get them. I thought Anshu and Karan were cousins?

According to Karan, they are not related, but they are as close as relatives. Karan laughed when I told him I thought they were cousins. I think they may have joked about that at one point, so maybe that's how it got started?

Heading out on the Pearl in a few weeks for the 8th time. It will definately not be the same without Denis there. The crew are not the only ones that will miss him.

We adored Denis on the Pearl as well. And Tony Lockett (F&BD) is an absolute hoot! And probably as onery as the day is long....

When I saw Anshuman on the Epic Inaugural in NY, he told me he would not be on the Epic 10/30, nor would Karan. Not sure about the story of them being cousins! I only know they are from different parts of India because my new daughter in law is Indian & Karan said her maiden name was from his area in India & not Anshuman's.

Someone posted in their current review the HD on the Epic is Denis, the F&B director is Steve Knott, and the CD is Julie. I remember Julie from the early days on the Dawn. (which brings to mind one of my all time fav CDs Rich...wonder what he's up to these days?).

I'm not familiar with Denis & Steve & just hope they are as good as Klaus & his team. Can someone tell me what ships they were on?

I heard awhile ago that his next contract was for one year on the Spirit. Sounds like good news for you.

Bruce is a "trip", and a great representative for NCL. He went out of his way for us, did some things outside the box for us and for others we know who have sailed with him. I believe he has experience as a wedding planner, and some friends we know appreciated his talents when they were married in Bermuda last year. They even returned this year for their anniversary!!

...as well as a friend on his Facebook page! What a sweetheart, and we haven't even met yet!

In terms of the contracts, for some reason I thought these were 4 to 6 months long? I know he took a much needed vacation in June (Winter where he's from), but in terms of signing another contract, and this for a year (!!!), would that make him still on the Spirit for our upcoming May 1st cruise?

Oh no!! I hope that doesn't happen... we finally talked my younger brother and his wife to join us on a cruise!! Can anyone tell me what is Andy CD like??? And Carlos? Thanks!

Well, the good news is, Tony Lockett will be back from vacation and on your cruise in January! More good news COULD be that Kai will be on his vacation by then?! I think anyone else would be an improvement:o. We have had Carlos and he was excellent. He would even check on you if he saw you dining. He's very visible and accessible. We liked him a lot.

Enjoy!

Archived