after your cabin, where is the first place you head to on board??

jennew

I pick up the info sheets, my dining card etc, head for the buffet eat and check over the paperwork. Check with Maitre D' that I am at a large table, then wander around - if a new ship orientate myself as to where things are.Check out Library especially. May look to see if Future Cruise rack has info sheets. Yes I confess , I am a cruise addict.

We checked out our cabin, drop off carry-on and then go get lunch. Immediately afterwards start exploring the ship, making sure we are up on deck for sail away.

Oh, & check out our table for Dining Room & Change if necessary;)

& review excursions & go to desk ASAP if last minute changes, b/4 line-up.

(54 Days and counting, it's been a long time since.........)

We carry on our bags, drop them off in the cabin and then head back off the ship. We make sure were back on before it sets sail.

I didn't know you could get off the ship once you've boarded.

I head straight for the FOOD!!!

We always arrive early, to board as soon as possible and maximize our cruise time. We drop our carryons in our rooms, then (my husband is always hungry) head for lunch in the Lido. TIP: On embarkation day, the Caribe Cafe serves the same food (minus a few items, as it's not as big) and is MUCH less crowded. We got a windowside table right after noon.

Then I always like to explore the ship, starting at the top, map in hand, and working my way down. Along the way, we handle embarkation details like getting room keys switched at the purser's desk, checking out games from the library, and --most important-- checking the dinner menu posted outside the dining room!

Then relax in the room or elsewhere until sailaway.

We usually start from the top deck and work away down to get familiar with the ship . Be sure to take your camera because I have found you may never return to that area again and may want a pic . Of course if we are hungry we go to the buffet first too .

1. Cabin to drop off carry-on (if cabin is ready)

2. Put my life vest on (just kidding)

3. Book Specialty Restaurants

4. Lunch

5. Explore ship starting at top deck - best time for photos usually with few or no people in them - we always arrive at port before 11 AM for Caribbean cruises.

6. Unpack as soon as bags arrive

7. Nap before life boat drill if time permits

Archived