would anyone like to.......

S.S.Oceanlover

I am thinking of a back to back transatlantic. No waiting for tender tickets, no worrying about missing the ship, no disappointing excursions--just stop at a couple of sandy beaches every couple of days and I am in heaven.

7 days to nowhere sounds great to me. Although I do like having the option of getting off the ship 1 or 2 of those days inbetween.

Leaving on CP in 2 weeks and am planning to just hang around the ship and relax since I've been to the ports many times, which is why my family booked this particular itinerary.

I'm really surprised by the amount of yes votes. Maybe I'm not as nuts as I thought. :D

mom2bcr,

That's what interested us too. 3 sea days!! But I must say that having a port call on the last day wasn't good. It's the first cruise I've been on that did that. I'm used to having that day at sea before having to get off.

Bill

I would be very happy with 7 sea days. In May we repositioned on RCCL' S Grandeur of the Seas from New Orleans to Baltimore. Six out of nine days were at sea.

Fantastic!!

Eric

mom2bcr,

That's what interested us too. 3 sea days!! But I must say that having a port call on the last day wasn't good. Bill

I know, and I did notice that. However, it was the stop in Princess CAys and we figured we could just lay around the beach!!

Terri

We look at our cruises to Mexico like cruises to nowhere, we have been so many times we don't care if we get off and the bonus for us is that a lot of pax DO get off and leave us feeling like we own the ship.

Just say when and where. My first two sailings were 7 Nite Transat to Norway when I was a 9 years old. It was great.

All my wife keeps asking me is why don't they do 7 nite cruises to nowhere. We are doing a two niter on the Carnival Legend out of NYC in October. We have a suite and it is cheaper than a weekend at Caesars in the Poconos. One of the reasons we are going on the CP in January is the number of days at sea. However, we are not crazy about Princess Cays on the last day as Bill stated. The last day at sea has been a sea day on all our cruises. Since we are not beach people,we will probably stay on the ship and take advantage of the Spa or Sabatinis for lunch.

What a heavenly idea! Is it legal for a ship to have a 7day cruise to nowhere, or must they dock at a port to satisfy some sort of requirement?

If you can do a 2 nite cruise to nowhere I can't see why you can't do a seven. The requirement I think you were referring to is the Jones Law, which will not allow a Foreign Flag Ship to sail from one US port to another without stopping at a Foriegn Port. That is why NCL has had to go to Fanning Island on it's Hawaii cruises. However, NCL's new "Project America" ships (Pride of Aloha) are registered in the US therefore they can sail around Hawaii without going to a foriegn port.

Nuts? Wise is more like it.

We are off on the CP (western Caribbean) in a couple of weeks, and by choice are NOT getting off the ship; booked all our spa appointments then and intend to enjoy the tranquility of the whole ship as if we chartered it ourselves....shhhhhh, don't tell anybody, it's a secret :-)

We are booked on the Island Princess (15 days) to Hawaii round trip from Los Angeles. I think that we get 9 sea days. I'm enjoying the other thread about books to read! (But I never wind up reading between acitivites!) Aloha! -Podge

Archived