WHat is the One food???

BAHAMAS BOUND

Well, definitely not the lobster... I'm a little spoiled on lobster, those "large shrimp" don't do it for me :p

The pumpkin soup is yummy...

Sweet and Sour Shrimp

A burger from the grill

Turkey sandwich from the deli

BLT from room service

I so hear you, the lobster does not stack up if your use to getting it fresh!

I also loved the BLT's from room service & the Pizza on the Conquest !

Just something I learned from experience, I had read on here that you can order more than one entree or two of the same entrees. If you plan to do this make sure you order it when you put your original dinner order in. Meaning if you order an entree & eat it & decide you don't like it or want another one you have to do it at the time they take your order.

Oh, there is no way to narrow it down to just one choice! I LOVE all the soups, especially the cold ones. The strawberry bisque is yummy and I now make my own on occasion. I always look forward to the escargot as I only get that on cruises. The seafood is great too. Only 86 days till I'm eatin' cruise food again.

Kathy in Maine

For those that have tried BOTH the Escargots Bourguignonne and the new Georges Blanc Escargot dish.

I MUCH prefer the OLD version. I enjoy the new one - somewhat - but will not order more than 1 of them, whereas I usually ordered 2-3 of the older style.

On the last 3 cruises (2 in July, and 1 last week) they only offer the new (and NOT improved, IMHO) style.

Any opinions??

Tom

My husband and I have been on a few cruises on other lines - this will be our first Carnival cruise in a couple weeks. This thread is wonderful - I just can't wait now....lox and bagels with coffee on the balcony, ruebens, beef wellington, pumpkin soup - oh my!

I'll have to make a list....

Thanks so much -

Maddle

CampDann - Nope, someone mentioned the goat cheese pizza earlier in the thread. (I always have to wait on mine - I don't like mushrooms.)

JckV - You can order another entree later - not a problem. I often order another lobster tail (or something else) after I have finished the first entree (or appetizer - or dessert, etc.)

Bahamas - Those wonderful soups are offered ONLY in the dining room.

Bitter&Blanc

Since it's a new choice, a lot haven't tried it yet. Don't miss it!!

BTW--GC: I'd say more like a bread pudding made with shortbread. Light bitter chocolate on bottom. Served with a vanilla creme on top.

For those that have tried BOTH the Escargots Bourguignonne and the new Georges Blanc Escargot dish.

I MUCH prefer the OLD version. I enjoy the new one - somewhat - but will not order more than 1 of them, whereas I usually ordered 2-3 of the older style.

On the last 3 cruises (2 in July, and 1 last week) they only offer the new (and NOT improved, IMHO) style.

Any opinions??

Tom

I agree 100% Tom. Had the old style two weeks ago and the new one this week. The former is much better. IMHO

I am NOT usually a soup lover, but I love all their soups.

My favorite dishes: Pumpkin soup, mango soup, strawberry bisque, minstrone (Sp?) soup, and the bowtie pasta with turkey medallions, of yeah, last cruise, didn't see it on the menu, but the prior ones had some sort of veal dish that had a weird name, maybe a german name, but it was GREAT! Was truely disappointed that I couldn't find it on the Conquest!

Apologizing in advance, I can't pick just one.

Grand Marnier Souffle. YUM!! I would not miss this for ANYTHING, and I'll usually eat less at dinner and order two of these just to enjoy it more.

Long Island Duck - okay, it's just an appetizer, but I uaually order two of this also, delicious!!! (Duck, sorry if you're out there!! ;))

Pizza - This is my lunchtime and late-night staple - LOVE IT!!!

Steak - I just love steak. I get a different steak every night on Carnival, that's darn near close to heaven for me!! :D

I don't like seafood, so lobster does nothing for me.

I really liked the strawberry bisque, everyone told me to try the pumpkin, so I will in 5 weeks!! DH loves lobster, I can't stand it. I usually order the beef dish that is on the menu, never had a bad choice. I like the sandwich bar, had the BEST grilled cheese and tuna!! I love ordering fresh fruit, juice and coffee to enjoy on my balcony for breakfast.

I am SOOOOOOO hungry now!!! Good thing we are cruising soon, it would be $$$ to book a cruise just to get my fix. :D

Archived