"LIVE" from the Grandeur 09/29/06 9NT Western

Radio

Ok, I'll ask a couple questions! Everyone else seems to be, why not me? :)

1) Have they continued the bedding replacement as was reported several cruises ago? If so, can you tell how much they have done, and more importantly, where??

[Photo suggestion: if you can identify some cabins that have and have not had the replacement, I'm sure we would all love to see a before and after comparison of the mattresses! It may take some fancy talk and quick friend-making to pull that off though! :)]

2) How is the piano player in the Schooner Bar? Closing the night out there is one of my favorite things! Will the same player be there in a month?

Thanks!

Theron

Ok, I'll ask a couple questions! Everyone else seems to be, why not me?

1) Have they continued the bedding replacement as was reported several cruises ago? If so, can you tell how much they have done, and more importantly, where??

[Photo suggestion: if you can identify some cabins that have and have not had the replacement, I'm sure we would all love to see a before and after comparison of the mattresses! It may take some fancy talk and quick friend-making to pull that off though! ]

2) How is the piano player in the Schooner Bar? Closing the night out there is one of my favorite things! Will the same player be there in a month? Thanks! Theron

I have not heard of ANY Bed or bedding replacements...but I will find out. I was able to get invited on a private Bridge Tour with the Captain(D+ ammenity)...and I will be asking many questions.....My attendant also seems to know alot about what is going on...I will find out from him too...

I will let you know about the Schooner Bar tomorrow....

BTW....We pulled away promptly at 10PM, but we just made it to the Ocean at 11:15PM...It seemed to take a long time in the turn around basin....:confused:

Radio

;) ;)

I have not heard of ANY Bed or bedding replacements...but I will find out. I was able to get invited on a private Bridge Tour with the Captain(D+ ammenity)...and I will be asking many questions.....My attendant also seems to know alot about what is going on...I will find out from him too...

I will let you know about the Schooner Bar tomorrow....

BTW....We pulled away promptly at 10PM, but we just made it to the Ocean at 11:15PM...It seemed to take a long time in the turn around basin....:confused:

Radio

;) ;)

Thanks!

Not much rush I'm sure, Key West isn't that far away!

Theron

Good Morning Radio!

Just wanted to say "Thanks" for once again allowing us to cruise with you!

Have a wonderful cruise, and I (along with tons of other CC'ers) will be anxiously awaiting your posts and pics! :D

Hello everyone.... Welcome to Key West. We arrived at the pier at about 8:00AM...The ship was just cleared for debarkation at 8:30AM.

The WebCam Link for Key West is HERE.

The weather is currently 82f, bright and sunny.Today's high should increase to 87f. We plan today to visit Shopping Mall for some KeyLime Pie and KeyLime Ice cream, the Key West Aquarium, and the maybe to Hemmingway or Audubon House.

The first 4 nights dinner were :

FRIDAY Bon Voyage- Casual

SAT Captains Gala- Formal

SUNDAY Crown and Anchor-Casual- Country

MON 70's- Casual

Here are a few pics of our arrival...

More pics later today...

Radio

Outer Mole Pier (Naval Pier)

image.jpg

image.jpg

Mallory Square Pier (in the foreground)

image.jpg

Our Pier (Hilton Pier/ Pier -B-)

image.jpg

We are docked

image.jpg

Will be taking the western later this Fall! By the way, weather in Perry Hall is quite nice today .. coupla quick questions...

-What did you do in Miami? Shuttle to South Beach/Bayside worth it? Is dinner open seating that evening- hours?

-Cozumel- any progress on the piers/ maybe we'll dock?

-Please share any insight on Costa Maya- think we're only ship there- renting golf carts sounds fun- but is the beach at pier ok? I know its rocky, but any where to get in & snorkle by the pier/cruise terminal area?

-Port Canaveral- any shuttle service w/ the ship to the parks? hours? better to just do coco beach I wonder?

-Shows-- anything new since 2004 & 2005 production shows were the same?

Oh, I liked that Captain-- he was nice. Hope the crazy glue is holding the rudder together!

thanks-- hope you had fun in KW!

Thank you so much for the pic's Radio. I leave on Sunday 10/08/06 and you have made the anticipation even greater. I am so happy that the Grandeur leaves from Baltimore. I am looking forward to my cruise even more now that you have taken us with you on yours!!!!!!!!

Is it a nice port to sail out of? Do they sail out of this port year round?

Key West is not an embarkation Port for any Cruise Ship....It is a port of call for many cruise ships which is open year round.

Radio

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Welcome to Key West….. I love Key West…It is such a laid back town, that is full of character. We left the ship at about 9:30AM, and went to the Clinton Square Mall, which is a very nice souvenir type mall with good prices We then went to the Key West Aquarium, which I have never been to. I have been to Key West Many times…but I always thought that the Aquarium, would not have been worth the money…..I was wrong,,,I highly recommend the KW Aquarium….We went to the 11 show, which lasted about an hour, and It was very informative, and the tour guide was extremely entertaining. They have sharks, Stingrays, a kids petting pool with lots of different fish…This is a must do…..It is not very high tech…bet worth more than the $10.admission.

We then split up, and I went to the Key West Shipwreck Historium Museum, right on Front Street. Again…this was very entertaining and interesting, learning about how Key West started as a Ship Wreck Salvage town…. There is a 65ft tower there which will give you a great view of Key West, and the Cruise Ships that are docked in Key West…. I strolled around after that and had a great lunch at an authentic Cuban restaurant, and enjoyed a delicious Cuban Sandwich……It was very good, and the Cuban store had some neat things for sale.

While in Key West, I had to stop in Sloppy Joe’s, and the Hog’s Breath Inn…..I ran into CVS to grab some Cokes and was back on the ship by around 1:30….

It was a delightful day…I would love to stay here for a week ! !

We sail away at 3PM today and will be heading for Cozumel .

Thanks for tuning in….More pics tonight…. (I will be forced to use Wi-Fi until Friday at Pt Canaveral)

I am trying to upload about 40 pics now to my Cruise Photo Page and will post a few if possible.....

Radio

Beautiful Grandeur of the Seas

image.jpg

Aquarium

image.jpg

image.jpg

Grandeur of the Seas from the ShipWreck Tower

image.jpg

West Key West Resort (ex Hilton Resort)

image.jpg

Here are a few more pics...

Next report ...tomorrow from Cozumel.

Thanks for tuning in.....More pics below on Radio's Cruise Page from this trip ! !

Radio

Shipwreck Historium

image.jpg

Mallory Square

image.jpg

El Meson de Pepe (Great Cuban Cafe)

image.jpg

Westin Key West Resort

image.jpg

Back to the Grandeur of the Seas

image.jpg

Good to see they fixed the dent in the front right section. When we were on the Connie last November, the Grandeur stopped with us in Freeport and using the super zoom I got some nice closeups of the gash.:eek:

The dent's still there if you look closely at the pictures.

Archived