"LIVE" from the Grandeur 09/29/06 9NT Western

Radio

A question for you-We are considering an aft JS on Grandeur for a cruise next year. Which one did you have? Did you have any problems with a lot of vibration being all the way in back of the ship? Was there noise from anything above your stateroom? Which deck were you on?

Thanks for the help!

Hello everyone....I made it on board the Beautiful Grandeur of the Seas.

We left for the Passenger Terminal at about 12:45....We arrived at Cruise Maryland by 1PM. The XRay Security line took about 20 min...But the check In was a Breeze.... The RCI Reps at Check In take a lot of pride to get passengers checked in quickly ! I was able to see "signman" again and had a chance to say Hi (He is an RCI Rep) We were on the ship by 1:25.

The cabins were already available for Carry On drop offs... and the Windjammer was very busy today. It appears that the weather is cooperating with us today with Sunny skies, and a cool breeze...the temps are about 65f.

TPKeller (Theron) is traveling to Baltimore today to get some great pics of the Grandeur of the Seas. The location where he will be should be very close...so the shots should be great ! !

The Captain for this cruise will be Haakan Admarker, and the CD will be Eric Dowis....I hear that Eric is very very funny. I have sailed with Captain Admarker before. He is very professional, and very personable.

I should have a reliable signal until we get to Norfolk...about 11PM. I will then have to switch over to Wi Fi....(which is very fast on this ship) My WirelessInternet connection is very good...about 540kps.

We are about to sail away at 4PM... Here are a few pics prior to our sail away.. More should come later tonight.... I will be posting everyday.... (if the connection works out)

I have to lower the resolution of most pics to compensate for the speed of the connection. It should be a great cruise..... Who know's whats in store for us over the next 10 days ! !

Thanks for tuning in...

Radio

We Made It to the Port

image.jpg

And there she is !

image.jpg

Security Check In

image.jpg

Security Photos

image.jpg

We are almost there !

image.jpg

When you pass under the Bay Bridge, wave to us over in Annapolis. We have been watching the GOS sail in and out over the summer. It looks really cool when the setting sun shines on her. Anyway, we are just south of Annapolis in Chesapeake Harbour. Give us a shout out when you sail by. We are with a group doing the Aug 10th sailing next summer. Royal Suite and all!!! WOOO HOOO. Can't wait.

Mark & Janet

Radio, Thanks for stopping by to say hello. Hopefully you'll have a little more time to "chat" when you return. Just an absolutely gorgeous day to be sailing, only a little bit cool.

Captain Admarker must have just rejoined the ship. Can you find out how long he will be on this time around. I sail November 19th. Also, how long Eric the CD will be aboard. Thanks. Looking forward to your reports. Hope it's a great cruise for you.

Radio, Thanks for stopping by to say hello. Hopefully you'll have a little more time to "chat" when you return. Just an absolutely gorgeous day to be sailing, only a little bit cool.

Captain Admarker must have just rejoined the ship. Can you find out how long he will be on this time around. I sail November 19th. Also, how long Eric the CD will be aboard. Thanks. Looking forward to your reports. Hope it's a great cruise for you.

It was great to talk with you then...It seemed that you and all the rep's were extremely busy...I will speak with you again when I return...

I will also check on the Captain and CD for you...The weather is perfect today ! !

Radio

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hello everyone....So Far, So Good....I have met several great people from our Meet and Mingle already....They were very nice.

Tonight we have the late seating at 845PM. We will go to the Welcome Aboard Show at 8PM. Tonight there will also be a Jazz Jam in the Schooner Bar....

We should be getting to the Chesapeake Bay Bridge tunnel by around 11PM...and then we will be in the Atlantic Ocean...

So far the voyage has been very very smooth...we are only traveling at about 15-18 kts, but I an sure will will be at full speed when we are in open water.

This cruise appears to be very full, with very few cabins available. Many people were at Guest Relations trying to get a "bigger" cabin....

Tomorrow should be a great day at Sea...with lots of activities, and games. I will post again tomorrow, but here are a few pics of our departure...

Radio

Leaving the Port

image.jpg

image.jpg

From my Cabin

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

once again You are the BEST :) I have 2 quick questions

#1 (we are also in a D1 and sailing on Oct 13th) is there a shampoo or gel dispenser or both in the shower in your cabin??

#2 other than the Windjammer...is there a water/ice depenser machine anywhere like maybe near a pool bar? or will I have to settle for filling up my bottle in the buffet?

we are also wondering what your cruise will offer for excursions in Port Canaveral...for ours according to the website there is only ONE offering

thanks for all you do and for allowing us to "sail" with you once again!! warm up those slots for us :) and have a GREAT trip!!

Good luck with the access from the ship. It's a bit slow they say but I didn't personally try it.

Disembarked today after a wonderful 5 days. Bermuda weather couldn't have been nicer.

Whatever issue there had been with the rudder did not affect our timing on this voyage.

Enjoy your vacation,

Rita

Wrkfire911.....great questions, I'm looking forward to hearing the answers too. How is the internet access? I'm debating on whether to tote my laptop or not. I like to stay in touch with the family expecially since my mother is ill but wasn't sure it was worth taking the computer with me or not. Hope you have a great cruise, we leave in 2 weeks and seeing your pictures really makes it all the more exciting. Thanks for posting.

Hi Radio. Thanks for the play by play on your cruise! It's not an easy task to keep up with all our posts!

I do have one questions. I'm wondering if Vybes from St. Vinent is still the calypso band on this ship. I lost track of them over the last couple years. If they're on the ship please tell them Joyce from Cleveland Ohio who used to be on the Empress all the time said a BIG hello and I may see them in January.

Capt Haakan returned 9-24-06 and they're on a 10 wk rotation so he should still be there when you sail 11-19-06

Hello everyone...Dinner was great(The Prime Rib was perfect), and the Welcome Aboard show was very funny...You will laugh, laugh. laugh.....

We arrived at the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel a little later than I remembered from previous cruises. We passed over the tunnel at about 1230AM (Sat).... I lost signal for a while, but I am close enough to Virginia Beach for a signal...I will be on WiFi tomorrow...I will let everyone know how the signal/speed is. Iam currently at 540kps.

Radio

image.jpg

image.jpg

Archived