Tank Top Rule

PLEASE tell me that it's a WOMAN considering wearing a tank-top to the dining room!

Honestly.... I'm no prude.... in fact, I'll be on the Volendam's topless deck in less than a month....

BUT, men in tank tops, other than in an outside environment sicken me. :cool:

HAL's dinner attire rules state no tank tops in the Dining Room, but what if it is dressy, ie sequins and/or beads, etc.?:rolleyes:

That rule is for men only. No one what's to eat looking at some guys hairy pits, chest or back.

There were lots of women with dressy sequined or beaded ones on our Westerdam cruise last week.:)

There were lots of women with dressy sequined or beaded ones on our Westerdam cruise last week.:)

That's GREAT to hear. I enjoy tanks and sleeveless blouses. I might even get brave and wear them with "once-forbidden" jeans on a casual night! :D

PLEASE tell me that it's a WOMAN considering wearing a tank-top to the dining room!

Honestly.... I'm no prude.... in fact, I'll be on the Volendam's topless deck in less than a month....

WHA??? there is a topless deck? is this only on some of the ships? ...

.......uh... not that i would uh.... make use of it.... just uhm... curious. :D

A tank top is casual, generally made of cotton knot, and is worn with jeans or shorts. A sequined or dressy thin strapped (sleeveless) top is a shell. Fashion definitions are important. :D

And NNN, topless means no hats, right?

That rule is for men only. No one what's to eat looking at some guys hairy pits' date=' chest or back.

There were lots of women with dressy sequined or beaded ones on our Westerdam cruise last week.:)[/font']

Don't forget to add man boobs to that list:eek:

Topless on HAL? HAL keeping its Euro roots??

How many were born with clothes on?

Did youall know NJ has the Only National Park where it is more than allowed to go TopLess? They have its own sections as in Saint Maarten, French Orient Beach.

It is called Sandy Hook where above it lay the Twin Light Houses another treasure.

I feel if people want to go topless let them.

In Canada they passed an equality Law where they allowed Men as well Women to go topless..buit after a lot of car accidents and such the Law was repealled quickly..

But look at it if Men are able to go TopLess why not Women?

:cool: :cool:

How many were born with clothes on?

Did youall know NJ has the Only National Park where it is more than allowed to go TopLess? They have its own sections as in Saint Maarten, French Orient Beach.

It is called Sandy Hook where above it lay the Twin Light Houses another treasure.

I feel if people want to go topless let them.

In Canada they passed an equality Law where they allowed Men as well Women to go topless..buit after a lot of car accidents and such the Law was repealled quickl

But look at it if Men are able to go TopLess why not Women?

I could not agree with you more!!

Jerry

Just to let you know, they DO enforce the "no tank top rule" no matter what meal you are eating in the dining room.

My husband found this out the hard way last week. On our last morning, our group met for breakfast in the dining room. We had packed everything the night before except for what we would be wearing. Well, when my DH put on his clothes I was shocked to see him in a tank top!! :eek: I told him that he wouldn't be able to eat in the dining room with that on. We looked around and the only thing left not packed was my sleep shirt! So he folded it up and took it with him, just in case.

Needless to say they told him he would have to put a shirt on and so my handsome DH ate his breakfast in my beautiful light green floral sleep shirt!!! ROTFLOL :D

Needless to say they told him he would have to put a shirt on and so my handsome DH ate his breakfast in my beautiful light green floral sleep shirt!!! ROTFLOL :D

Picture proof would be helpful.;) :D

Just to let you know' date=' they DO enforce the "no tank top rule" no matter what meal you are eating in the dining room.

My husband found this out the hard way last week. [/font']

You're lucky he didn't have his thong on also!:rolleyes: :eek:

[/left]

You're lucky he didn't have his thong on also!:rolleyes: :eek:

Thank goodness he didn't bring it because some Chumley Bears would have been swoooooning more than they already were.:D

And anyway John, you know he's saving it for the contest between you two when we meet on a cruise!! ;)

Back to the topless deck.....

On our first cruise on Carnival they had a topless deck. It was actually nice to go up there because children weren't allowed so it was quiet. No, I didn't go topless, but there was a few that did and it wasn't a big deal. There was a "gawker" that sat around staring, but that wasn't all the time.

There were signs posted no children or cameras. Well, an international family came up there with camera and kid (couldn't read the english sign) and were walking around taking videos until the child started pointing at a topless lady. They immediately left the deck.

Just to let you know' date=' they DO enforce the "no tank top rule" no matter what meal you are eating in the dining room. [/font']

Sorry, Janice, to read that your husband had to find out the hard way, but I am glad to read that HAL has kept at least a minimal level of respectful dress---even on the last morning.

Archived