What do you know about Celebrity Quest?

Literary Lynne

Hi everyone

I can't find any info on these boards about Celebrity Quest. It is shown on the X website below the Journey in the list of ships and looks, from the photo, to be identical.

Look forward to hearing if anyone has any more information.

Thanks

Lynne:)

At this point there is little known about these two ships. They do not exist as X ships yet. The Journey will not be sailing for X until May and the Quest until Nov/Dec. So nobody here really knows anything.

Probably the best info you can get, while not X is the Oceania website. They have 3 of the sister ships of the Quest & Journey. X is planning theirs in a similar style as the Oceania ships.

It is not part of Celebrity's fleet quite yet -

The 710-guest Celebrity Quest – most recently sailing as Blue Moon, owned by Pullmantur – will join the Celebrity Expeditions fleet in October 2007. Like Celebrity Journey, which sets sail in May 2007,....
Celebrity Quest was constructed in France and entered service in November 2000 as R7. Like Celebrity Journey, the ship is 30,277-grt and has 355 staterooms.....
Celebrity Journey was constructed in France and entered service in May, 2000, as R6. The ship is 30,277-grt and has 358 staterooms.

Both ships were previously owned by Renaissance Cruises. Pullmantur bought them when Renaissance went bankrupt.

In December on Summit, the future cruise person tried to "sell " me on Quest, but he had no information to offer except that the pricing would be more per day than Celebrity pasengers normally pay. Said this was due to smaller number of passengers and so "enhanced service" (hmmmm)

'

The same was true of his lack of info on Journey, although I believe some people were doing "advance booking - can always change my mind" paperwork.

Lynne

Hi everyone

I can't find any info on these boards about Celebrity Quest. It is shown on the X website below the Journey in the list of ships and looks, from the photo, to be identical./QUOTE]

They will be identical. Renaissance cruises, now defunct, originally took delivery of the ship that is to become MV Celebrity Journey as MV R6 and the ship that will become MV Celebrity Quest as MV R7. IIRC, both ships originally entered service in 2000. These ships, originally part of Renaissance's R1 class of eight vessels, are now operating for Pullmantur SA, a Spanish cruise and vacation operator, as MV Blue Dream and MV Blue Moon. Celebrity's parent company, Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltcl,, announced the acquisition of Pullmantur SA, the transfer of MV Zenith from Celebrtiy Cruises to Pullmantur SA, and the exchange of vessels (which also sends MV Zenith to Pullmantur SA) in the last quarter of 2006.

Celebrity Cruises is planning major renovations of both vessels before placing them in service. The most significant change is the replacement of 48 standard balcony cabins with 32 small suites on the aft end of Deck Eight, reducing the capacity of both vessels to 710 passengers.

Here's the summary of Renaissance's R1 class.

>> The vessels built as MV R1, MV R2, and MV R5 now operate for Oceana Cruises as MV Regatta, MV Nautica, and MV Insignia.

>> The vessels bult as MV R3 and MV R4 now operate for Princess Cruises as MV Pacific Princess and MV Tahitian Princess.

>> The vessels built as MV R6 and MV R7 now operate for Pullmantur SA as MV Blue Dream and MV blue Moon. Both vessels will transfer to sister line Celebrity Cruises in 2007 to operate as MV Celebrity Journey and MV Celebrity Quest after major renovations.

>> The vessel originally built as MV R8 now operates for Swan Hellenic Cruises as MV Minerva II. This vessel will transfer to sister line Princess Cruises in 2007 to operate as MV Royal Princess.

The last three members of the R1 class had a slightly different configuration of cabins, which altered their capacity by a few passengers, and I beleive also a different internal arrangement of the dicso/nightclub on Deck Ten. Other than those differences, they are completely identical and Celebrity's plans to modify the cabin configuration on Deck Eight will be the most extensive modification that any of these vessels have received.

Norm.

I booked the Quest for Feb 2008. The itinerary includes many islands I have not seen. It looks to be very exciting. Check it out.

Karen

Where did you find the information Karen, I could not find anything on the web page for Celebrity. Which islands please?

Where did you find the information Karen, I could not find anything on the web page for Celebrity. Which islands please?

I did find the following on the web:

"Celebrity Quest will make its first sailing under the Celebrity Expeditions banner in October 2007, introducing a series of 12- to 14-night Caribbean sailings featuring several first-time ports of call, including those in St. Barts, Guadeloupe, Dominica, and Turks & Caicos, followed by a series of 14-night Eastbound and Westbound Panama Canal itineraries featuring some of the most exotic destinations in Colombia, Costa Rica, Nicaragua and Panama. Additionally, each port will feature a new, immersive series of shore excursions."

Sounds interesting and enticing. :)

Gerry

I have been on 14 Oceania cruises in addition to 5 Ren cruises and am very familiar with the layout of the ships and will be happy to answer any questions posted here about the ships themselves..I have spoken directly to X but did not receive any satisfactory answers and will try to call the head office next week so I can post some definite info on these ships..

There are some really special cabins on this ship..so dont hesitate to ask me..

Jan

Hi Everyone !

We booked one of Quest's early sailings (11/24/07), which is the 14 night Ultimate Caribbean. We really liked the itinerary. We are very excited to see if Celebrity can do great things with this type of smaller Cruise experience. I am very confident they will do a great job. I am sure we will hear more about how they are doing, when Journey starts her Bermuda season.

As Jan said, I truly wish that Celebrity would have more information about Journey & Quest available to the general public. It is amazing that they do not have any brochures or a DVD available (at least, not that I know of).

I am looking forward to Journey's first reviews, when she begins sailing in May.

Here we go:

All cabins have Concierge Class amenities although there will be no Concierge Class cabi designation. All cabins will have butler service with suites having senior butlers.

No childrens programs. NONE.

Two specialty restaurants. One steakhouse and the other is Pairings (wine pairings with menus of the world (Italian, French, South American, South African). Selections of caviars Kobe beef will be served, stone crab claws (in season), expect extra charges.

Suites will receive a night specialty restaurant dining comped. Also free pressing of gaments. Insuite specialty (non alcholic) coffees and soft drinks.

No formal nights.

Higher per diem food costs.

Crepe station

Upgraded wine selections by the glass.

Cabanas

Wellness center complete with laser treatments and microdermabrasion.

ALong with the art auctions, there will be oriential rugs as well.

Consider these two ships, Ultra premium.

That's all I have in my notes from the sales meeting. I have a training session scheduled for Jan 20, I think the date is... so stay tuned.

The power point presentation was just downloaded to reps Thursday morning.

Did they have anything in the presentation about set dining?

Cabanas if they are like Oceania are a waste of money..very few people use them too hot, too windy no bathroom on that deck..will inside cabins have butlers?

Sounds a little much if they do...

Jan

Ultra Premium

All staterooms have concierge class amenities

All staterooms have butlers with suites having senior butlers

Suites receive comp pressing, one night comp specialty dining; insuite specialty coffee (non alcoholic) and soft drinks.

Open dining

NO CHILDRENS PROGRAM

Two specialty restaurants: Pairings: wine with food, three levels of wine 90 seats. Menus featuring Italian, French, South America, South African,Central American cuisine.

Steak & Seafood: 80 seats, Kobe beef and stone crab claws in season

No formal nights

Higher per diems spent on food

WIne selections per glass upgraded

cabanas

juice bar

Wellness Center with laser treatments and microdermbrasion

Along with art auctions, oriental rugs!

That's about it from my notes from the sales meeting. The powerpoint presentation was just downloaded Thursday morning.. I have a formal training session scheduled for Jan 20. Stay tuned for more info.

Ultra Premium

All staterooms have concierge class amenities

All staterooms have butlers with suites having senior butlers

Suites receive comp pressing, one night comp specialty dining; insuite specialty coffee (non alcoholic) and soft drinks.

Open dining

NO CHILDRENS PROGRAM

Two specialty restaurants: Pairings: wine with food, three levels of wine 90 seats. Menus featuring Italian, French, South America, South African,Central American cuisine.

Steak & Seafood: 80 seats, Kobe beef and stone crab claws in season

No formal nights

Higher per diems spent on food

WIne selections per glass upgraded

cabanas

juice bar

Wellness Center with laser treatments and microdermbrasion

Along with art auctions, oriental rugs!

That's about it from my notes from the sales meeting. The powerpoint presentation was just downloaded Thursday morning.. I have a formal training session scheduled for Jan 20. Stay tuned for more info.

Gee, could they have been any more blatant about copying Oceania?

Gee, could they have been any more blatant about copying Oceania?

Thats why I feel so comfortable answering any of your questions!!

(LOL) It feels like they have had their corporate people cruising on Oceania.....??????????????????????

Jan

We've sailed with X several times, but aside from the additional tipping we have given in the specialty restaurants (because we felt it was well deserved), we're accustomed to having the same Maitre'D, waiter and asst waiter for the duration. Our tips therefore go to the staff that served us.

We'll be on Journey in October - Bermuda/Caribbean, and I'm wondering if with Open Seating and the likelihood of more than one waiter, etc over the length of the sailing, would the tips be pooled? I'm thinking this would be more convenient now that you may choose to have the tips charged to your account, as was the case on Millie this November.

No big deal, just curious.

Cabo

Jan

Great! I'm looking into the Bermuda cruises. What's your suggestion? ( would deck six midship be somewhat noisy being above potential lounge?)

Thanks.

Jan

What do you think of 6053 and 6063? Any significant noise from potential piano/ other music on deck 5? Do you recall if these cabins face service entrances?

Thanks.

Did they have anything in the presentation about set dining?

Cabanas if they are like Oceania are a waste of money..very few people use them too hot, too windy no bathroom on that deck..will inside cabins have butlers?

Sounds a little much if they do...

Jan

Jan: It will be open dining from the start of Journey's Bermuda sailing. There will be no main and lating seatings.

Yes, inside cabins will have butlers. All cabins have butler service and the concierge class amenities found only in CC on the other vessels in the fleet.

Well, the way I look at it, those who prefer the lower price point don't have to give up incabin amenities.. except a window.

What do you think of 6053 and 6063? Any significant noise from potential piano/ other music on deck 5? Do you recall if these cabins face service entrances?

Thanks.

Neither cabin is over a lounge so they would not be noisy..forward on deck 6 are the nosier cabins over the lounge..

Deck 6 is great if you stay aft of the lifeboats..I apologize..I dont remember about the service..but I can check on Monday..

Jan

Archived