Am I going to be hooked on cruing too!?!

Julielbs00

I see all these posts where people have gone on SO many cruises and wonder have I been missing out are we going to be hooked too after we take our first cruise on the 3rd of March. Should I go ahead and plan on our next vacations being cruises too! LOL! I am excited it seems like cruising might be the way to go. I guess we will see!!!:)

I would have to say yes you are going to be hooked. After my first cruise in 2000 and I have been on 7 since. We typically try to do atleast one long vacation at a year. You have any questions about anything that you havnt been able to find on these boards.

We went on our first cruise in 1978 and I had to practically twist my wife's arm to get her on the ship. ;) We are now booked on a cruise in april and another in november and these two cruises will be our 47th and 48th cruise since 1978. :D So, will you get "hooked"? If you are like us and enjoy getting a lot for your money while on vacation, you certainly WILL get hooked. My friends always ask me why we go on so many cruises, and my answer is that it's like going out to a dinner and a show every night of the week. We do manage to fit in other land vacations once in awhile, but in my book, nothing beats a cruise. ;)

Oh yes, start saving your money for your next! We took our first in 2000, just to give it a try since we were going to be in Orlando anyways.

WOW-- we were stunned, we have been hooked ever since. The ONLY down side is that it makes going on a regular beach vacation seem dull now ;) .

We just love cruising. If you want to be lazy, you can be lazy, if you want to be involved in anything and everything, you can be involved in anything and everything. It is really a great experience, there is nothing we would rather do now.

The best thing about your first cruise is driving up to the ship, if you haven't seen a cruise ship before you are going to blown away!

Addicted???YES:D !!

I took my first cruise in 2005 and by the end of this year will mark 7 cruises under my belt with two in the works for next year. I had always booked land vacations because cruising was too expensive:rolleyes: . My first cruise cost me only $600. That included airfare. I spent that much in a week for a hotel. I haven't been on a land vacation since.:D

You probably will--for a time, at least! We enjoy cruising, but we absolutely LOVE Las Vegas--I'd rather go there than on a cruise! I'm a big fan of luxurious accomodations, and Vegas gives me more room for the money than a cruise ship will! Plus, the pools are fabulous, the entertainment is top-notch, the food is outstanding, and the weather (except in Dec and Jan) is great!

Cruising used to give us all of the above, except the room, but recently, the food has gone downhill, and the entertainment is kind of "theme park". We still cruise, but we go to Vegas more than we go to sea!

You probably will--for a time, at least! We enjoy cruising, but we absolutely LOVE Las Vegas--I'd rather go there than on a cruise! I'm a big fan of luxurious accomodations, and Vegas gives me more room for the money than a cruise ship will! Plus, the pools are fabulous, the entertainment is top-notch, the food is outstanding, and the weather (except in Dec and Jan) is great!

Cruising used to give us all of the above, except the room, but recently, the food has gone downhill, and the entertainment is kind of "theme park". We still cruise, but we go to Vegas more than we go to sea!

CB, you're crazy ;) . I've never been to into Vegas, I'd rather be at the beach. I really don't think food is any worse than when we started cruising, but thats only been 7 years.

Here is what you NEED to do: while aboard your ship, book another cruise! That $100 or so cabin credit is something you don't want to miss out on! If for some horrible reason you don't enjoy the cruise, you can always cancel.

I am willing to bet you WILL be hooked!

We did our first cruise on the Norweigian Wind to Alaska. I was happy to had done a cruise and really enjoyed it. A short time later our TA contacted us and said he had a deal on a Costa for the Caribbean and we did that one. Fine that was nice too. Then my DH saw the Voyager on the Travel Channel and wanted to try that one. So we did the Navigator. Well that one hooked us. Since that one we have been doing 2 a year. We used to love going to Las Vegas, but we like cruising better. Enjoy your cruise.

Jan

I had to beg my DH to go on a cruise - and we finally went - we all loved it and now we're hooked.

Getting onboard is so exciting. As soon as you board your vacation begins!!! You will not forget your first sail-away. Even with tight security cars pull over and people wave as the ship pulls away.....they're just not as close to the ship as they once were.

Enjoy every minute of it!!!!

My hubby is the captain of an offshore commercial fishing vessel, and last year he was at sea almost 300 days. We love to travel and as of late cruising is his first choice! People can't believe that, but we do love it!

Yep, you'll be hooked I think. :D

I see all these posts where people have gone on SO many cruises and wonder have I been missing out are we going to be hooked too after we take our first cruise on the 3rd of March. Should I go ahead and plan on our next vacations being cruises too! LOL! I am excited it seems like cruising might be the way to go. I guess we will see!!!:)

If you are posting on this board, you have "cruiser" potential. Enjoy!

We are with you CB at sea...We did a B2B in Jan. on Explorer...already have our cruise for next Jan. 20th on Mariner..and tonight we book Las Vegas..we need our Vegas fix about 3 or 4 times a year...Paris Las Vegas here we come for my birthday..during the summer months we are a hop and a skip from Cape Cod.

I would have to disagree to a certain point. Dont get me wrong, I love Las Vegas, but you can pay about twice or more then going on a cruise. I take it that you probably are a gambler, and yes the gambling on a cruise can not be matched with Vegas. I live in a town that has just as many fine dinning options, as anywhere, so I dont go on a cruise to eat wonderful food. But, am looking forward to trying Chops, and Portiofino (sp?) just so that I can see for myself how they compare to the regular dinning room food.

ohhhh....It's an obsession. Soon you will want to experience not only one cruiseline, but ALL of them!! Cruise #33 is coming up for us and I want to try yet another different cruiseline. We are hooked.

Everyone that I know who has ever been on a cruise has gotten hooked. I know I am!!! I, too, never wanted to go at first and my sister finally talked me into it. Now I can't wait till June for our next one!!!!!!!:D Now that we don't take the kids (they're grown), we can go every year instead of every other year.

we were hooked before we even went on our first cruise. just coming on here and reading all of the posts and just sensing the excitement was enough to get hooked. from the booking to the constantly going on line and checking for price reductions to booking pre cruise hotel room, to booking airfare was enough to make me "LOOPY" AND THE BEST PART OF IT IS THE FACT THAT THE ENTHUSIASM NEVER LETS UP.

We did our first cruise in June 2006, and booked our second for June 2007; almost immediately after we got home. (should have booked onboard for that credit!)

I have to say that I'm just as excited about our next cruise as I was our first, and I was pretty nutty about that one!

I have a feeling we'll probably book our next one while on board. :)

My DH would agree. He LOVES Las Vegas and that was the only place we would go until our 10th Anniversary. Finally I said I wanted to go somewhere tropical (And that didn't mean the Mirage!!) So we booked our first cruise on a 4 night on the Empress in 2005, Freedom in @006 and we are going on Liberty this year. It is addicting, and so relaxing. We both have stressfull jobs, three kids etc. So a nice week off is great!

We just did a b2b on the Mariner and will be doing an 11 day on the Empress in March. It is my 11th and my current hubby's 8th. ( that sounds like I am going to trade him in ) lolol We are thinking of moving to Florida. I would love to hear about discounts and so forth for the Florida residents.

Probably;). I had to push DH to take our first cruise and he really isn't interested in doing anything but cruising. We really like traveling to new places and the idea that we can be lazy, or be as active as we want.

Our first was in 03, then we took another in 04. We skipped 05 and did a 5 night AI in 05, but missed being in new countries/spots everyday and had a great cruise in 06.

I am so sad not to be going on a cruise this year. With work and school we just can't do it, but we are planning to go in spring 08 and really do it up right, maybe a suite or at least JR suite.

Let us know if you come back addicted!!:D

Julie,

We went on our first cruise in 2003 just kind of on a whim. We had done Vegas and a lot of other land based vacations and had a great time on 95 percent of them. But we decided to try a cruise because we found a good rate. Oh my we were not disappointed.:)

Now this is the only vacation we really look forward to.

It's really hard to explain the calming, relaxing feeling you get on a cruise.

You really can do as much or as little as you want.

It's totally up to you.

Maybe that's part of it. You really are in control of how you spend your time.

Hope you enjoy it as much as we did our first one. If you do you will be hooked.

Then the bad part happens. :D

You will find yourself lurking around these boards as much as you can. Even when we don't have a cruise booked we still get on here just to feel closer to people who are and ask ourselves... When are we going again?:cool:

Ernie

Archived