Clinique Products?

webgal318

Sailing MOTS March 18 (My Birthday) Eastern

Can anyone tell me if Clique products are sold on board the ship or at the Port of Call for less that I pay in the states?

I am going to St. Maarten and St. Thomas.

Do you have any suggestions on stores that have fancy sapphires or aquamarine jewelry at a good price?

Thanks,

Sylvia

Can anyone tell me if Clinique products are sold on board the ship or at the Ports of Call for less that I pay in the states?

I am going to St. Maarten and St. Thomas.

Yes, they are sold onboard at a small discount -- I'm thinking it was around 10%, but I'm not sure. I don't recall seeing any on St. Martin or St. Thomas.

Enjoy your cruise and happy birthday! :)

I think John Bull sells cosmetics. They sell about 15% off on cosmetics, but there is no tax, so depending where you live it could be between 20-25%. Don't leave your make-up home because they don't stock a lot of colors in base, blush and lipstick with any of the cosmetic lines in the islands. I use Clarins, and I buy two jars of cleanser everytime I go on a cruise. It lasts until the next one. Estee Lauder seems to have more inventory than any of the lines.

Tasha

Hmm' date=' maybe it varies from item to item. I didn't check all of them, but I did buy a couple of my faves, since I was running low anyway and it saved me a couple of bucks.[/font']

I didnt say there wasnt a difference,,,,,,,,I just said I didnt notice.....I HAD to buy makeup cause I left mine home.............bought it onboard and didnt care about the price since I had no choice..........

We went to a cosmetics store in St Thomas in July that sold many different brands of cosmetics. I only picked up M.A.C and it was at least 30% cheaper than what I pay here in Toronto. Dont know about the price of Clinique but they sold the product.

Cool! Do you remember the name, by chance?

I bought some foundation and eye cream in the onboard makeup shop. I think the price for the eye cream was about 20% less than I pay in the US (plus tax), which made it worthwhile to me.

They sometimes have Clinique makeup artists sailing and offering makeovers. If they have one while you are there and you are interested, sign up early. They tend to get booked up.

I did buy some perfume in the perfume store in St. Marten (French side) in the new mall. Some of the perfume was considerably cheaper than I pay here ... like $26 for an Escada eau de toilette that I would pay $50 for at Sephora. Unfortunately, I broke the bottle about a week after we got home. My bathroom smelled great for weeks! That particular store also sells makeup, and I think I got an okay deal on it there --- it was stuff I hadn't seen in Sephora or other US stores.

I didnt notice a difference in price,except for the fact,you dont pay tax..

This has been my experience too. I can get better deals watching for specials at home or when they do them online. I use Lancome and Clinique and wear Chanel No 5 and have yet to see a savings on board or in ports.

I suppose it could vary ship by ship, but the last couple of RCI ships I sailed had a pretty good assortment of Clinique products. They do not carry the entire line and had some specially packaged deals that you don't find on land.

I found the prices to be the same as on land, only no sales tax to be paid, so there is a bit of a savings.

I suppose it could vary ship by ship, but the last couple of RCI ships I sailed had a pretty good assortment of Clinique products. They do not carry the entire line and had some specially packaged deals that you don't find on land.

I found the prices to be the same as on land, only no sales tax to be paid, so there is a bit of a savings.

That's the same experience that I had.

Of course, you don't get the gift with purchase! ;)

I'm an Estee Lauder girl but have seen the both lines in the onboard shops. Know what you pay for the more expensive items and they yield the best savings. I do shop in the ports mostly. We cruise before Xmas and they sometimes have give aways with purchase. Last cruise I bought a double pact of large bottles of Night Repair in the Bahamas. I think I paid $130 or $140 for the pact and they don't even carry this large size bottles in the States. My DH always laughs saying "You bring home more face products than you take". He also there should be an AA group for Estee Lauder (or any) product junkie.

Best I ever did was a few years ago on the Granduer of the Seas. For some reason the onboard shop gave past RCCL customers a 10% discount off anything. With slightly lower prices, no tax and 10% discount, I stocked up!

But I have asked on each cruise and never gotten another discount. Of course, this was after 9/11 and maybe they wanted to thank the cruisers that were willing to stay with them.

Estee Lauder, Aramis, Clinique, Prescriptives.

I worked for Estee Lauder for many years. Not selling it, but manufacturing it. I am quite familiar and knowledgeable about what I am writing. This was 50% of my job making sure products were new and not contaminated.

When you buy on some of the islands, you could be buying old products that are outdated. Perfume, wrinkle creams and face creams are not the worst things. But, when you buy eye products, it is best to stick to the larger, more upscale and better stores. And, of course the ships are safe. Do not buy from stores like a small drug store in the middle of somewhere that is selling it.

I am talking about mascaras, eye pencils and eye shadows in particular. As it is those items usually have a four month shelf life at the most.

For a few more dollars at least you know they will be newer and safer. ;)

EDIT: My post looked like I said the ships were not good. They are. I moved my comment to the correct place.

Archived