Casa De Campo Excursions for 1st timers

MillbrookMom

Hi, I am new here. I am going on the April 11th cruise on the Explorer. I am also interested in the caves tour. My sons are 6 & 8 and I think this is something they would find interesting. Can't wait to here about it.

Hi! You're going to be on our cruise! We have several threads going for it. Are you booked through the CC group or on your own? It doesn't matter - we are all one happy family! Join the "Roll Call" at the link I have provided. Have you signed up for the Meet & MIngle yet?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=371010

We are anxiously awaiting for the 'Royal Explorers' to complete their October cruise & come back with loads of info & reviews on this port!;) In the meantime we wait patiently...eating cookies!:D

We are anxiously awaiting for the 'Royal Explorers' to complete their October cruise & come back with loads of info & reviews on this port!;) In the meantime we wait patiently...eating cookies!:D

We are anxious for our cruise too but not for it to be "completed"!!! :eek: ;) lol!

'Mom', D is not going to be happy with you when she reads this...:(

Next to me, cookies and fudge, are her favorite things (next to sparkly things, of course).. She now has to stay away from 'sweets'! :eek: Wonder if they have 'sugarless' cookies on the EOS??? :p ;)

I hope your Mom's wheelchair can roll easily on these walkways. I know how you feel worrying about your parents because both of mine were in wheelchairs at different times of their lives. I'm waiting for Christie and Suzanne to tell us all about this port in detail....We can count on them to give us the scoop!

I'm going to try to post a picture of the walkways if I can find it on my other post.

Suny AZ Girl: We too are going on the 4-11 cruise. We have never cruised with Royal Carib before. Once you book your excursions on line, do you pay for them now or once you go on the excursions? If you pay for it now and decide once on the ship you don't want to go, do you get a refund?

Any suggestions on which to take. My husband and I aren't great with a lot of walking especially up stairs and hills.

Thanks. See you on the cruise. Iris

Suny AZ Girl: We too are going on the 4-11 cruise. We have never cruised with Royal Carib before. Once you book your excursions on line, do you pay for them now or once you go on the excursions? If you pay for it now and decide once on the ship you don't want to go, do you get a refund?

Any suggestions on which to take. My husband and I aren't great with a lot of walking especially up stairs and hills.

Thanks. See you on the cruise. Iris

If you pre-book on-line, you will pay with a credit card. You can cancel on-line up to 10 days before the cruise. If you wait to cancel on board, the amount will be credited to your shipboard account. I've never called, but others have posted the phone support reps for shore excursions are pretty helpful if you want to call. HTH

Suny AZ Girl: We too are going on the 4-11

cruise. We have never cruised with Royal Carib before. Once you book your excursions on line, do you pay for them now or once you go on the excursions? If you pay for it now and decide once on the ship you don't want to go, do you get a refund?

First of all, Welcome Aboard! Are you booked independently or with the "We are Family" Group Cruise? Either way, we are glad you'll be along!:D Here is a link to our Roll Call thread. Come join us over there. Make sure you sign up for the Meet & Mingle!:)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=371010&page=10

As a previous poster stated, you do pay for excursions at the time you book. I do believe you would get a credit once onboard if you cancelled. However, there may be a 24 or 48 hour cut off as to how late you can cancel. I've booked RCI excursions online, but I've never cancelled one.

We are waiting for "The Royal Explorers" Group Cruise to come back from their cruise (which they are currently on) to come back & tell us all about this new port and excursions. We have about 10 days to wait as they just set sail today!:D

You also get a refund to your sea pass account if they cancel the excursion. That could happen if they didn't get their minimum number of guests booked on the excursion, or in my case, the weather prevented our stop at a port.

We waiting for "The Royal Explorers" Group Cruise to come back from their cruise (which they are currently on) to come back & tell us all about this new port and excursions.
And waiting, and waiting & waiting! :rolleyes: Yawn!!;)

I might be up next we are there in December. I too was anxiously awaiting a report. I guess we won't know the extent of the damage in DR for a few more days.

Jean

It's such a shame . I heard 20 people dead, more missing in landslides. :(

Hello All -

I've peeking on this thread every now and again, but haven't had too much time to chat.

I've been anxiously awaiting the reports from the current cruise, but just saw that they were re-routed.

I'm on the next itinerary on Explorer, leaving 11/23. We'll see what they say over the next few days and if nothing changes, then hopefully I will have some information to report when we get back on 12/2.

We haven't decided what we are doing here yet, but are tossing a few things around.

Take care all -

Hello All -

I've peeking on this thread every now and again, but haven't had too much time to chat.

I've been anxiously awaiting the reports from the current cruise, but just saw that they were re-routed.

I'm on the next itinerary on Explorer, leaving 11/23. We'll see what they say over the next few days and if nothing changes, then hopefully I will have some information to report when we get back on 12/2.

We haven't decided what we are doing here yet, but are tossing a few things around.

Take care all -

Okay, we are all counting on you now....No pressure!;)

Archived