What not to miss...and what is ok to miss?

8mpg

Well, really interested in food :) Lots of poeple say the beef wellington is amazing, so its one thing I will be sure to try. Also cant miss lobster or king crab. Anything else that you guys REALLY recommend?

What is worth missing? We are thinking of trying Sabatinis and just got to find the right day to miss..sure wont be lobster night :D

You don't have to miss anything...do both. Eat Sabitini's for an early dinner, go to the dining room later for lobster.

With any time dining you should have to miss a thing. We would sometimes go to the dining room for the ambiance and then upstairs to the buffet to get full. Besides, the dining room is open until what 10 or 11?

porcini soup

rack of lamb

pistacio icecream

tempura - lunch in dining room

mille feuille

reubin at lunch in dining room

chicken corden blue

all breads

smoked salmon appetizer

spicy shrimp

...that is a good start

King Crab night was Wedensday. It was OK. We prefer Alaskan Snow Crab. There is a difference.

The lobster and beef wellington is on the 2nd formal night. Do not miss. You can order both and they will bring it out together.

The last evening dinner there was prime rib and turky and dressing. Don't miss that either. They also had a dessert called the "Diplomat" (I think that was what it was called) The best dessert. We ate 2. They were so good.

We really enjoyed Sabatinis. The food a Tequilas was the same and what you would get in the dining room. Not worth the surcharge.

We did the Ulitmate Balcony breakfast and dinner. Also the same as the dining room and definitely not worth the surcharge.

Eat breakfast and lunch in the dining room. Better selections.

Eat all the ice cream. Truly amazing. You can even ask for it on the side of your other chosen dessert.

Pick 1 of everything on the dining menus and just try it all.

What not to miss is very personal. What one person loves, another hates. Personally, I never have the lobster any more and consider it one of the things to avoid: it's frozen and the melted "butter" is really margarine. When I did have it, it was rubbery and tasteless but then I can get lobster caught from just offshore cooked the same night so to me, there's a world of difference. I'm not a big fan of Beef Wellington either. :( Sorry.

However, I do love the hazelnut ice cream and the mustard-crusted lamb chops, the rarer the better. :)

Isn't it wonderful we have so many choices?

I for one think Beef Wellington is a way to ruin a perfectly good piece of beef - and never order it.

Princess usually does very well with Rack of Lamb.

Our experience, mind you after only two cruises on Princess, is that the beef dishes are mediocre at best. Not sure why. We have not tried Sterlings though. We come form cattle country so perhaps we are spoiled. There never seems to be much taste to it.

You don't have to miss anything...do both. Eat Sabitini's for an early dinner, go to the dining room later for lobster.

quote]

There is no way I could of ate in the dining room after I ate at Sabitini's. I was way too full! I looked at the menus on line and knew that Caribbean night was the night we would skip the dining room and do Sabitini's so that is when we made our reservations.

I really liked the Beef Wellington, the Fettucinne Alfredo, all the seafood dishes, the Love Boat dream dessert and we really liked the ice cream. It got to the point that everynight the waiter brought us one of each of the ice creams so we could all try them all.

Just nibble your way thru and find your own favorites! ;)

I second the Limoncello!! They also make a limoncello gelato that is yummy. Oh, and get the molton chocolate cake thing they serve in the grill....OMG it's to die for!

PS: the secret to eating lobster is to not use the butter...it's an amazing sweet taste au naturale.;)

Saving a place for tasting all is sometimes well.

Wish they had Real Maine Lobsters. As thats the only Lobster worth its weight in Red..

The C Lines used to have that and PRIME Beef.

On the so called Lobsters :mad: ask you Wait Staff to make sure it is cooked how you want it. Well in any preparation that is a simple request.. complying with that is a different story.

With a good wait staff that does take care of your requests well make sure you reward them with more than a tip. On shore get them a nice gift too. That memory alone is worth more than money could/would ever buy! :cool:

When you do something don't you do it well? Yes!;)

Well, really interested in food :) Lots of poeple say the beef wellington is amazing, so its one thing I will be sure to try. Also cant miss lobster or king crab. Anything else that you guys REALLY recommend?

What is worth missing? We are thinking of trying Sabatinis and just got to find the right day to miss..sure wont be lobster night :D

Another lover of the fetuccine alfredo. Yum. Also as one of the appetizers is the Eggplant parmesean. That stuff is wonderful. I also happen to like the Turkey Dinner. Very good.

marilyn

The very first night, they have his turnover filled with shrimp, mushrooms and this wonderful sauce! It's so........good. Our son ordered the fettucinne as an appetizer every night, and got it one night as the entree because it was awesome..!:) The soups (hot ones, I have trouble eating cold soup) were delicious too!! The steaks were just O.K...the beef wellington was a nice side dish to the lobster dinner!!!:D Enjoy!!

I agree with a previous post that the beef tends to be mediocre. We loved the shrimp diablo and pretty much everything else. I'm not too cheap, :rolleyes: maybe a little, but I just don't see the merit (IMHO) in paying extra to eat in the specialty/surcharge restaurants.

The king crab legs were amazing. Our waiter kept piling our plates up with them. They didn't even need the butter either as they were seasoned just right. Also, I can still remember the souffles. The one dessert that I will allow myself on the next cruise will be the souffles.

Archived