Past Guest Party

Whimsy

There are so many past passengers that it's an absolute zoo. We are all Elite and avoid the past passenger parties like the plague; it's much nicer to be able to find a table in a lounge and enjoy a drink without the crowds (they're all slugging down the watered-down "free" drinks.) The waitstaff are usually happy to see us!

Yes there are crowds as Princess is a great cruise line which engenders repeat business. I, for one, couldn't wait to cruise with them again. Drinks are served and they are not watered down. Sometimes the ice will melt if that type of drink is not chosen quickly. You can also order a different drink if there is nothing on the tray that suits you. We prefer white wine and often enjoy two glasses as we thank our server for their labor and are usually rewarded with a second visit from that server. Canapes are sometimes served as well. And yes, Princess does indeed pitch future cruise opportunities at these events but not excessively. There is usually mention of the most travelled cruisers on board and they are often awarded a bottle of bubbly for their dedication. Finally, a door prize drawing is usally held. If anyone can find fault with that then I am sorry that their glass is half empty. Bon Voyage!

Yes there are crowds as Princess is a great cruise line which engenders repeat business. I, for one, couldn't wait to cruise with them again. Drinks are served and they are not watered down. Sometimes the ice will melt if that type of drink is not chosen quickly. You can also order a different drink if there is nothing on the tray that suits you. We prefer white wine and often enjoy two glasses as we thank our server for their labor and are usually rewarded with a second visit from that server. Canapes are sometimes served as well. And yes, Princess does indeed pitch future cruise opportunities at these events but not excessively. There is usually mention of the most travelled cruisers on board and they are often awarded a bottle of bubbly for their dedication. Finally, a door prize drawing is usally held. If anyone can find fault with that then I am sorry that their glass is half empty. Bon Voyage!

Yeh...........you tell 'em! So there! However, my glass is always full, and I agree with Pam. :)

My wife and I have cruised but once; Caribbean Princess-wonderful experience, and will be cruising again this July 28 to Alaska on Golden. Is there any one particular place on the ship where the "past guest party" is held? Is the party listed in the patter?:)

My wife and I have cruised but once; Caribbean Princess-wonderful experience, and will be cruising again this July 28 to Alaska on Golden. Is there any one particular place on the ship where the "past guest party" is held? Is the party listed in the patter?:)

Yes, it will be announced in the Patter and you'll probably get an invitation. Depending on how many passengers are repeaters, there will be multiple parties at various times. Sometimes 3 or 4 or more.

an invitation will be delivered to your stateroom I think two days before the event.

We went to the party on our last cruise and the drinks weren't watered down at all - actually whoever was making them actually made them very stiff - I wasn't sure if it was the captain way of saying hey were sorry for your 4:34 am wake up call, the noro virus and not leaving st Maarten til 8pm but everyone was on board for three hours before....whatever it was it was a nice change of pace.

This is more in line with my thoughts of the Captain's Circle party as well. Just off Island Princess - over 1200 past passengers - and the party was split into three so it didn't become too overcrowded. None of the offered drinks were to my liking, so I asked for my usual from one of the wait staff and it was served just like in any other of the bars - not watered down. I was offered canapes immediately as I sat down. The Future Cruise consultant did reel off the different itineraries but it certainly wasn't a hard sell - although admittedly swayed toward the large ships (Crown and Emerald). And the Captain gave an interesting little talk about why they use the gas turbine ships in Alaska. The couple with the most days at sea on our trip had over 750.

That being said, some of my companions felt they had gone through a time share sales meeting - I guess I just view it differently.

The glass is full, and with a good not-watered-down free drink. We enjoy these parties, and before the Captain's talk there is another opportunity to dance to a live band. Definitely go !

Like BDJAM, I had a great time at the past passenger party on the Island. Was served canapes and two glasses of wine. I found the Captain's talk informative, not pushy at all. They also announced that the Alaska 2008 cruises will going on sale as of May 15 and that there will be a 10 day roundtrip from San Francisco. I also like seeing who wins the most traveled passenger award. To the OP, it's not a waste of time. You will probably enjoy yourselves.

The last cruise, took a while before a waiter actually came around to our area...and I threw him a look just to get him to come over with a tray of drinks. They were watered down, but that's good for me as booze tends to give me migraines. But never got any canapes. Plus, there was an extended talk about this ship and that ship. I couldn't complain because I'm sure my hubby would have loved to skip that party.

Archived