What's YOUR cure for Post Cruise Depression??

I have found the solution to beat this PCD that we are consumed by. It is a simple program....

1. Literally as you walk in your home after the cruise, go to your computer and make a post to CC

2. With in 24 hours of the end of your cruise, post your LONG, 4400 word, cruise review

3. After you unpack, leave the suitcase out, so you will feel like you will be packing again soon...even if your next cruise is over two years away.

3. Put a deposit down on a "next" cruise, even if you can not afford it, you can always cancel...

4. Every morning, go to the Royal Caribbean website and put a "hold" on a new cruise. We will never pay for these, but we will always have something on hold.

5. Put a countdown clock on your CC signature, even for cruises on hold!:eek:

6. Review your cruise photos everyday and/or watch the video.

7. Make at least 1 post each day to the CC boards; best if done from work!

8. Buy at least one lottery ticket each week! Can you say ROYAL SUITE!

9. Drink at least one umbrella drink each week, preferably NOT at work!

10. Lastly, if you can think of anything else that might work, please post it here ASAP....

...because I am doing everything that I have posted above...and I am still suffering from PCD!:eek:

BILL

There is no cure! Once addicted, you can never truly be the same again. No matter how determined you are to escape it's grasp, when you least expect it, you'll start craving a pina colada and some escargots and sunny beaches. In some extreme cases, you may even exhibit signs of your mania in public (For example, going into a McDonalds restaurant and wondering where the chilled soup is and calling the guy behind the counter "Eduardo").

The best course for an individual afflicted with PCD is simply to feed the habit and book another crooze. After all, why deny yourself the pleasure of relaxing all day in (take your pick) the sun, spa, solarium, centrum, on your balcony, etc...

I start the countdown to my next cruise and I found a new flavored gum, its Orbit's Mint Mojito....in the afternoon at work I chew on a piece of Mojito gum and pretend I am in the Boloras bar sipping a mojito!!:)

We book another cruise while on board - we refer to this practice as "chain smoking cruises".

I also begin to work on my packing list and list of outfits for the next cruise as soon as I return - because for me it's all about the clothes.

I also begin to work on my packing list and list of outfits for the next cruise as soon as I return - because for me it's all about the clothes.

LOL!! You sound like a long lost relative of mine!! A smart lady once told me "It is wise to always accessorize!" :p

Erm...I think I may be in a minority of one here, but we tend to flood our lower floor and sit on our verandah asking our neighbours to bring late-night snacks and chilled Chablis.

Alan

PS My solicitor says that we may get off with a large fine!;)

There is no cure. We will die with it. It only goes into remission once back on board. I'm sorry to have to break this bad news to everyone.

Of course you can always drink to temporarily numb your pain.

Bartender, how many bottles of Crown Royal do you have. I need to get numb...very numb!:eek:

Drinks are on the house!

BILL

I book another cruise and then come on these boards and dream about it.:)

But what happens when you already have 4 booked:eek: I'm deposit poor:)

There is no cure. We will die with it. It only goes into remission once back on board. I'm sorry to have to break this bad news to everyone.

Of course you can always drink to temporarily numb your pain.

I think you have solved the mystery........there is no cure........:)

For the first 2 weeks after we are home, my DH goes "today they are doing this or going here". Too funny.

We always book our next cruise while on one. We are also finally in a place in our lives where work allows us more flexibility so we also do the 3 night over Labor Day each year in addition to our week cruise every April. Helps so much coming home in April knowing we have the little one coming up in a few short months.

Then I stay on these boards and write, read, listen, and DREAM until the countdown is over. And also start packing as early as I feel I can get away with it!

I book another cruise and then come on these boards and dream about it.:)

Hi everyone, what i found worked for me was i booked our 2nd cruise BEFORE we even went on our FIRST one, then i booked our 3rd BEFORE our 3rd as soon as the 08"s bookings came out so, so far i"m looking good. Now only 160 some days until we sail again:D :) vo 922

Archived