Ipod Art Tour Onboard

jjb415

On a recent Westerdam sailing, a self-guided ipod tour of the art onbaord the ship was offered on several of the sea days. Ipods with the pre-loaded podcast were loaned from the library for the tour. During the tour, you are able to pause the ipod in order to enjoy the art that has been described or to get from point to point on the ship. This tour was very enjoyable and well worth the time spent. The tours & ipods are not offered for loan on all ships or sailings. You can, however, download the podcasts for the art tours on all ships in advance to your own ipod from Itunes or at the following link:

http://www.hollandamerica.com/onboard/podcast.do

I luckily downloaded the podcast for my subsequent sailing on the Volendam, where the ipod tours were not available.

I hope that this information is helpful and that you find a whole new appreciation of the art onboard the ships as I did!

Thanks for the heads up ... HAL's website gives the impression that pre-loaded tours are available on all the ships on that link. If that is not the case, guess I'll spend some time trying to figure how to format the pod-tour for my Sony unit.

Since I did a walking tour of the Noordam to take pictures of all the art, I wish I'd known about the iPod-cast before hand...I could have gone in the same order. But if you're going on the Noordam my art pictures start at #726 of 885 on my gallery pages:D

Someone wrote a thread about this a few months ago and I went and downloaded the tour for the Maasdam.

I did the tour the first day that I was on board. It was full of great info about the artwork on board.

I encourage anyone sailing on a HAL ship to download the tours

Archived