Cruising With A Service Dog....everything You Ever Wanted To Know!

So I was driving home from work last night when my cell phone rang. It was a reporter from channel 13. ( Think PBS-Sesame Street, NY & NJ). She told me she saw the newspaper article and wanted to know if we would do an interview for the TV station. She is coming over on Tuesday morning to do the interview. She said the segment would be about 2 minutes long. Which apparently is a long segment.

Then this morning my wife got a call from a local 55+ community. They read the article and wanted to know if we would come over and give them a demonstration.

Very cool!

So I was driving home from work last night when my cell phone rang. It was a reporter from channel 13. ( Think PBS-Sesame Street, NY & NJ). She told me she saw the newspaper article and wanted to know if we would do an interview for the TV station. She is coming over on Tuesday morning to do the interview. She said the segment would be about 2 minutes long. Which apparently is a long segment.

Then this morning my wife got a call from a local 55+ community. They read the article and wanted to know if we would come over and give them a demonstration.

I already commented on fb, but you know how I feel about service dogs and puppy raisers. ❤❤❤❤ Great article and can't wait to see the news story.

a star is born!

Yep! There's many a day when Horty will actually "snort" at me when I put his collar and leash on [the signal for we're getting ready to move big boy!] And, he doesn't want to!!!!

I swear he's trying so hard to talk to me. Besides the cocking of the head, of which I absolutely love, he makes the most bizarre vocalizations that I swear are going to become actual words, if I just give him some time to put the sounds together!

I know one day he's going to ***** his handsome head, look me square into my eyes and tell me to "dog off!"

Funny how you talk about Horty and his noises. We have never had a dog that makes noise like Wexler. Even the nurses at the vet have commented on it.

I swear I'm going to start bringing a rolled-up piece of artificial turf with me when I cruise. I'll just lay it on top of whatever "stuff" they supply me with. I'll either leave it behind or clean it in the shower or tub before I leave. I'll bring a big garbage bag to put it into. This can only work if you're driving to and from the port.

So ridiculous that the Special Needs Dept. can be so clueless as to the right thing to do. They just need to call/email or fax the ship in plenty of time for them to pick up the mulch in one of their port stops. To be so lame and stupid about the proper thing to do for our dogs is so unnecessary.

John filled out the form last night and told them sand/newspaper were both unacceptable. Im going to call today. Wex likes sod. Im not sure if he would like mulch unless its really ground up. His toes are sensitive. lol

Funny how you talk about Horty and his noises. We have never had a dog that makes noise like Wexler. Even the nurses at the vet have commented on it.

Raylene's a "groaner," to use her trainer's term on the day she arrived at my house.

I don't know if she's bored, content, annoyed, or just stretching, but people give me strange looks sometimes during meetings like real estate closings.

Ok Roz, Called NCL this morning and told them the fill for the potty box was unacceptable. She said they will try to accomodate us with sod.

I also noticed they asked if we wanted a box or if we were gonna bring pee pads for the dog to go on! Really? For a 72lb lab? Geez we would be flooded! :eek:

Edited by rangeley

I NEVER thought I would ever love a dog as much as I LOVED Brenda Elizabeth but, I do!!!!

I love this big boy so much! He's in my soul!

If one day he actually comes out with a word I won't be surprised. He's got more personality than any dog I've ever met.........Even if he can be as lazy as a Sloth at times!

Brenda brought me security, happiness and freedom. Horton does the same with a cherry on top!!!!!

Raylene's a "groaner," to use her trainer's term on the day she arrived at my house.

I don't know if she's bored, content, annoyed, or just stretching, but people give me strange looks sometimes during meetings like real estate closings.

We should get all these groaners, moaners and vocalizers together. I wish!

Ok Roz, Called NCL this morning and told them the fill for the potty box was unacceptable. She said they will try to accomodate us with sod.

I also noticed they asked if we wanted a box or if we were gonna bring pee pads for the dog to go on! Really? For a 72lb lab? Geez we would be flooded! :eek:

Cindy, seriously!!!! I guess they're just trying to be accommodating. And, they really want to please you. It's probably better than them not caring at all!

I love when the ship uses sod.....it's Horty's favorite and can last for two weeks.

Can you imagine "pee-pads"? Maybe for a Yorkie but a Lab? Horton pees like a horse. After having a female for 12 years, having him shocked the bejeebers out of me! I love how he squats like a girl, though! :p

Cindy, seriously!!!! I guess they're just trying to be accommodating. And, they really want to please you. It's probably better than them not caring at all!

I love when the ship uses sod.....it's Horty's favorite and can last for two weeks.

Can you imagine "pee-pads"? Maybe for a Yorkie but a Lab? Horton pees like a horse. After having a female for 12 years, having him shocked the bejeebers out of me! I love how he squats like a girl, though! :p

That's just plain crazy! Since we will be boarding our next cruise in San Francisco and won't have to fly, I am tempted to bring a bag of mulch just in case.

Dianne

Since Henri's puppy raiser is a Seattle Seahawks fan, I couldn't resist posting this picture of Henri with her 49er beanie babies on his Facebook page.

Dianne

7E67812B-8D74-438B-998F-EFA9AF585758.png_zpsisdlnpcd.jpeg

Such a pretty girl. Those beanie babies wouldn't be sitting like that for more than 2 seconds with Horton Jeffrey around. And, they wouldn't have any labels, ears, feet or arms left either.

Have you given Henri a middle name yet?

Such a pretty girl. Those beanie babies wouldn't be sitting like that for more than 2 seconds with Horton Jeffrey around. And, they wouldn't have any labels, ears, feet or arms left either.

or

Have you given Henri a middle name yet?

OK what's with the middle name? You never asked me for Wexler's middle name. 😕