Cruising With A Service Dog....everything You Ever Wanted To Know!

OK what's with the middle name? You never asked me for Wexler's middle name.

Okay! Let's see: Wexler James......Wexler Steven.....Wexler Philip......It has to be kind of distinguished because his first name is so solid.

Our dogs don't come with middle names, we have to give it to them! Come on Cindy and John.....don't leave us hanging!

;)Is that like when they do something they shouldn't you call them by the first AND middle names?

Exactly! You should see Horton's face when I say, "Horton Jeffrey, what have you done?" He cocks his head and stares at me, then he does his bow and runs away. It's so cute!

The public gets a kick out of it when we're out and about and I say, "Horton Jeffrey sit!"

I love to watch their faces. First, he's a genius at the commands because he reacts immediately and second, to hear me say both names is such a kick!!!

We have to have fun and we get it any way we can!!!! :rolleyes:

Hmmm, will have to think of one for Jagger...

Something odd, perhaps. Jagger Horatio? Jagger Perceval?

Jagger, that's a tough name to match a middle with. I like the names you've picked but it's going to be difficult to spit those out in public.

Jagger Benjamin.....Jagger Carlton.....Jagger Oliver......Here's a few to add to yours.

My girl gets called "Misty Raylene" sometimes because she reminds me of a beloved dog we had in our lives for 14 years.

Sometimes I get a feeling that I'm dealing with Misty wearing a Raylene suit.

Oh! How sweet is this.

I'm sure that if CCI had given me a female I would have interspersed Brenda into her name some how.

Edited by wizard-of-roz

I always thought every dog's second name was NO! As in Bonnie NO, Bonnie NO, Aruba NO, Aruba NO! LOL! :D;)

Love the photo of Henri with her "toys" - we are in the camp of dismembering all such toys as quickly as possible and then looking very pleased with ones doggie self!

So we have now had 5 nights where "we" have all slept through the night! hallelujah!

That's the good news.

The bad news .... Little tiny Bonnie NO, snuck into the utility room and devoured all the cat food! We keep the door shut but I was distracted in the kitchen for a moment, and suddenly thinking it was very quiet, TOO quiet, I looked for Bonnie NO, and she had pushed the door open (turns out I hadn't quite latched it) and by the time I found her - less than a minute - she had eaten two bowls of wet cat food, two small bowls of dry kibble and was started on the third! Talk about her belly hitting the ground! And she had just had her lunch! OMD!!!

Anyway, she's spent the afternoon and evening sleeping it off, emitting various very stinky smells and has been BIG busy 4 times! You all wanted to know the details, right! LOL! :eek: Thankfully doesn't seem to have an upset tummy, for that read it's coming out quite normal the other end! :eek: You wanted to know that too, right? ;) So no tea for her and she will have a very small supper!

Have a great weekend everyone - our clocks go back, so extra hour in bed - maybe! :D.

I always thought every dog's second name was NO! As in Bonnie NO, Bonnie NO, Aruba NO, Aruba NO! LOL! :D;)

Love the photo of Henri with her "toys" - we are in the camp of dismembering all such toys as quickly as possible and then looking very pleased with ones doggie self!

So we have now had 5 nights where "we" have all slept through the night! hallelujah!

That's the good news.

The bad news .... Little tiny Bonnie NO, snuck into the utility room and devoured all the cat food! We keep the door shut but I was distracted in the kitchen for a moment, and suddenly thinking it was very quiet, TOO quiet, I looked for Bonnie NO, and she had pushed the door open (turns out I hadn't quite latched it) and by the time I found her - less than a minute - she had eaten two bowls of wet cat food, two small bowls of dry kibble and was started on the third! Talk about her belly hitting the ground! And she had just had her lunch! OMD!!!

Anyway, she's spent the afternoon and evening sleeping it off, emitting various very stinky smells and has been BIG busy 4 times! You all wanted to know the details, right! LOL! :eek: Thankfully doesn't seem to have an upset tummy, for that read it's coming out quite normal the other end! :eek: You wanted to know that too, right? ;) So no tea for her and she will have a very small supper!

Have a great weekend everyone - our clocks go back, so extra hour in bed - maybe! :D.

Congrats on the sleeping! But, what the heck on the eating!!!! I love the Bonnie NO name! So funny, and so true.

I can't believe what she devoured, what a little piggy! I'm also shocked that she didn't throw it all lup!! Such a bad little girl!!!!! And, she had already had lunch......Geeezz! You know what they say about Labs, they'll eat anything, anytime, anywhere!!! Such a character.

:D.

I can just hear you going, Bonnie NO! :D

I get to see Jagger tomorrow.

BTW, I have a place in mind to move, and hope to be put on the waiting list. It is a retirement complex right in the town where the SD organization is located. All my friends and what I do is in that town now.

Nice place, very kept up and has lots of grassy areas. Still right near everything imaginable. Now just have to wait for an opening. (at least I assume I'll get accepted as I'm not a secret ax murderer)

Edited by thephantomsgirl

Happy, healthy weekend everyone! For anyone who is planning a Puerto Vallarta cruise soon, let's pray that Hurricane Patricia doesn't hit land too hard.

To all our Texas friends, stay dry!!!

My son has a friend at one of the resorts there. They woke up this morning at the town had been evacuated. But not the tourists. They were gonna bus them to guadalajara but they missed the bus.

BTW, I have a place in mind to move, and hope to be put on the waiting list. It is a retirement complex right in the town where the SD organization is located. All my friends and what I do is in that town now.

Nice place, very kept up and has lots of grassy areas. Still right near everything imaginable. Now just have to wait for an opening. (at least I assume I'll get accepted as I'm not a secret ax murderer)

Good luck.....I know you'll make it!!!

My son has a friend at one of the resorts there. They woke up this morning at the town had been evacuated. But not the tourists. They were gonna bus them to guadalajara but they missed the bus.

Wow! I hope everyone is safe! The folks from my meet & greet group going on Dec. 3rd are getting a bit concerned about any devastation in the area. The poor people who live in these coastal communities. They're struggling as it is to keep food on their table, if they lose their businesses it will be very bad for them.

I hope it's not too bad!

I'll keep my fingers crossed that a place opens up for you.

Dianne

That's the good news.

That Bonnie is such a pistol - I am sure its hard not to laugh instead of telling her no. I thought I was going to have to put our cat's food up off the floor, but Henri is so good about it. The first couple of days I told her no when she headed toward our bathroom (where the cats' bowls are) and so far she has stayed out and not touched the food. She is very gentle with her stuffed toys. She really is a very good girl.

Dianne

Edited by DUTRAVEL

Such a pretty girl. Those beanie babies wouldn't be sitting like that for more than 2 seconds with Horton Jeffrey around. And, they wouldn't have any labels, ears, feet or arms left either.

Have you given Henri a middle name yet?

No middle name for Henri yet, I will need some help with that one. When she is in trouble (which is not very often), I sue her full first name "Henrietta."

Dianne

Mayor of Lurkerville popping in with my two cents worth. Diana gave Gibson the middle name Scott - after one of his student trainers at Horizon Academy, where the S.T.A.R.T. (Student Trainer And Retriever Teams) Club is that Paws for Freedom partners with. (They don't use puppy raisers or puppy walkers.) So, whenever he is not doing exactly as he should, then we hear her say "Gibson Scott, you need to stay on task!"

I'm thinking Jagger Michael rolls off the tongue fairly well, followed by your own last name. Or maybe Jagger Jumpin' Jack Flash. Sorry, couldn't resist that one. :) Ever since it was in the movie with Whoopi Goldberg, it is my favorite.

Hope everybody is having a productive Monday. Thanks again to all of you who share your delightful stories with us!)

Beckie