NCL Mastercard FAQ

Host CMLA

17 hours ago, Jpepin92 said:

Great thanks for the help! It’s a reposition go cruise on the prima, doesn’t seem to be selling well at all and is dirt cheap!

Since it is dirt cheap and balconies are less expensive than the ocean view cabins, that says to me there may not be very many ocean view cabins left.  It might be worth seeing how much less your points are worth if you upgrade to a balcony with money and then use your points for payment on the cruise.  Usually, the upgrades are worth more, but, sometimes the value of each point is worth less than getting what you really want.

I would also do a fake booking and see how many ocean-view cabins are left. Depending on the interior category that you booked, there might not be anything available for a single meta upgrade.  It varies ship by ship.  I booked an IA on the Spirit and did a double meta upgrade and could only go to BB, not BA. 

• Like 1

So, if you originally booked 2 rooms each as a single cabin and you then were offer to bid to a haven cabin, if the bid was successful could you then both share the haven services although you originally booked as a single for both original cabins?

The bid to upgrade is for 2 people but the cruise had no single supplement on the original booking.

I’m thinking about placing a bid for the 3 bdr penthouse but if I win the bid I’ll pay double but I’d like to be able for another person to use the haven services.

- WYB

Edited by WYB!
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, WYB! said:

So, if you originally booked 2 rooms each as a single cabin and you then were offer to bid to a haven cabin, if the bid was successful could you then both share the haven services although you originally booked as a single for both original cabins?

The bid to upgrade is for 2 people but the cruise had no single supplement on the original booking.

I’m thinking about placing a bid for the 3 bdr penthouse but if I win the bid I’ll pay double but I’d like to be able for another person to use the haven services.

- WYB

You can't just share haven services, if you mean combining the 2 rooms you have now and canceling the 2nd room.  There would be no refund of the 2nd cabin and restricted access, if any access at all, to the Haven suite and services.

• Like 1

Yeah, that’s not what I mean at all.

I’ve booked 2 cabins with 1 person in each cabin.

I received an invitation for 1 of the cabins to bid for a haven cabin.

If the bid for haven is successful it’s also for double the amount.

So will the 2nd person I’m traveling with be able to use the haven services as I’ve paid for the 2nd person, during the bid?

they of course would be able to use the haven cabin that I won.

wyb

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WYB! said:

- WYB

Wow...

I can only guess.

No because since it's all about revenue stream, you only paid for 1 to start with. 

Bid x2 is semantics.   Like $9.99.  looks better than $10

So bid looks better at $1250 a person instead of $2500 per cabin.

Also you are not the only bidder.  When they look at what a couple paid versus you, couples current cash in their pocket offers more revenue.

• Like 2

Agreed. Hence why I won’t be submitting a bid for a haven room (not even the 3 bedroom penthouse).

just wondering if anyone had tried.

I’ll stay as a single in the club balcony suite but submit a bid for the 2 bedroom (non haven)

- WYB

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WYB! said:

Yeah, that’s not what I mean at all.

I’ve booked 2 cabins with 1 person in each cabin.

I received an invitation for 1 of the cabins to bid for a haven cabin.

If the bid for haven is successful it’s also for double the amount.

So will the 2nd person I’m traveling with be able to use the haven services as I’ve paid for the 2nd person, during the bid?

they of course would be able to use the haven cabin that I won.

wyb

Still a no, I understood the gist of your original question, just not whether or not you were expecting to cancel the other reservation.  Person #2 is not on the reservation, they cannot officially use the haven cabin that you might have won. Now, you might be able to plead your case with the Haven staff but no guarantees.

But basically the Haven has no relevance to the NCL MC, so not sure why you are asking about bids in this thread?

Edited by julig22
  • Like 1

Yes, I understand that you don’t get it.

Anyone in a haven can bring anyone in to their haven cabin.

I’m also NOT seeking a refund or to cancel the 2nd reservation, (not sure where you were getting that).

it’s a bid upgrade to haven where the bid submitted is for 2 regardless if it for a single. A bid upgrade is always double

My question is that would a 2nd person be allowed to eat with me in haven at no additional charge since the bid upgrade is always for 2.

mscdivina2016 was able to answer my question already.

The question was a bit beyond some people’s ability to comprehend but it’s related to the NCL MC upgrade BoA.

wyb

Edited by WYB!
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, WYB! said:

Yes, I understand that you don’t get it.

Anyone in a haven can bring anyone in to their haven cabin.

I’m also NOT seeking a refund or to cancel the 2nd reservation, (not sure where you were getting that).

it’s a bid upgrade to haven where the bid submitted is for 2 regardless if it for a single. A bid upgrade is always double

My question is that would a 2nd person be allowed to eat with me in haven at no additional charge since the bid upgrade is always for 2.

mscdivina2016 was able to answer my question already.

The question was a bit beyond some people’s ability to comprehend but it’s related to the NCL MC upgrade BoA.

wyb

I do get it. No, your 2nd person is NOT allowed to eat with you in the haven at no additional charge, unless you can sweet talk the Haven staff. What you bid has nothing to do with it. Nor does how you got to your original cabin status, so not an BofA question. Your question is regarding winning a bid to the Haven, which would be better addressed in a forum on bidding.

I only mentioned getting a refund because asking about combining cabins into a Haven cabin has been discussed in the various bid threads and people wanted cancel the non-winning cabin. Sorry if additional information was confusing to you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The purpose of this forum is to educate and share information.

It was then answered by mscdivina2016 who actually understood the question.

You still do not seem to understand but hopefully one day you will.

safe travels,

wyb

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, The Traveling Man said:

Has anyone ever used World Points to upgrade to a Balcony, then applied the Diamond Latitudes benefit to upgrade to a Club Balcony?

PCC said no.

I asked that a few days ago actually as we are 17 points away from Diamond along with a few other questions which I will share.

I asked about club balcony to Haven.No!

Balcony to club balcony. No

Simply it's inside to outside or outside to balcony. No afts either.

You cannot redeem points for a free cruise  and pay the difference to upgrade. I wanted to use 209,000 points for a free 7 night balcony cruise and pay to upgrade to Haven.

Also free cruise includes taxes and fees but no perks. So you need to buy Internet and booze.

After doing the math, it is actually cheaper to cash in 200,000+ points for over $2000+ in a statement credit and booking a Balcony with perks. Plus this way I could just buy Haven.

But the best value is double upgrades, but we only want Haven now so we might as well use the points for something.

Edited by mscdivina2016
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

PCC said no.

I asked that a few days ago actually as we are 17 points away from Diamond along with a few other questions which I will share.

I asked about club balcony to Haven.No!

Balcony to club balcony. No

Simply it's inside to outside or outside to balcony. No afts either.

You cannot redeem points for a free cruise  and pay the difference to upgrade. I wanted to use 209,000 points for a free 7 night balcony cruise and pay to upgrade to Haven.

Also free cruise includes taxes and fees but no perks. So you need to buy Internet and booze.

After doing the math, it is actually cheaper to cash in 200,000+ points for over $2000+ in a statement credit and booking a Balcony with perks. Plus this way I could just buy Haven.

But the best value is double upgrades, but we only want Haven now so we might as well use the points for something.

The World Points upgrade options are only for Inside to Ocean View or Ocean View to Balcony, as you stated.  They cannot be used for Club Balcony, Spa, Suite, or Haven staterooms.  The Diamond Latitudes Upgrade, however, can be used to upgrade from a Balcony to a Club Balcony.  I used mine to do that just a week or so after the Diamond Latitudes level was created.  My question was whether one could pay for an OV, use 30,000 World Points to upgrade to a Balcony, and then use their Diamond Upgrade to move into a Club Balcony.  I expect that it is not allowed, but I just wanted to check if anyone had been successful with such a request.  My wife has not yet redeemed her Diamond Upgrade and I wanted to explore the options.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CCJack said:

Are the OBC from World points "redeemable for cash" at end of cruise, or "not redeemable for cash"?   I believe most cruise lines have two different types of OBC.

thank you.

I can get a statement credit so obc is not an issue.

• Like 1

Ok just need some clarification if you guys can help. My good MSC friend, whom I’ve shared many a cry and venting sessions on that thread with!… Im back with NCL. I’ve given up over there. 

Here’s what I want to do, now can you guys tell me if it’s possible?

Book an Inside for 2 for  7ni with Free at Sea. Then do a double 60k upgrade to Balcony (Is it a BA, BB, or BC?). Then add a two tier in Meta to get to Aft Facing? Can I get there that way or is basic balcony (BA-BC) the highest you can get on upgrade?

Also if I do it that way will I get a bid upgrade invite? 

lastly, Once the reservation is in how does this all work? Do I order the coupon and wait for it to show up in my account like an FCC? Then I call to have it applied? Do I have any control over stateroom selection?

Can these be added to Agency Booked reservations or just NCL booked?

AK has a great point to $$ value for double upgrades. 

thanks!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BoundForSea said:

Ok just need some clarification if you guys can help. My good MSC friend, whom I’ve shared many a cry and venting sessions on that thread with!… Im back with NCL. I’ve given up over there. 

Here’s what I want to do, now can you guys tell me if it’s possible?

Book an Inside for 2 for  7ni with Free at Sea. Then do a double 60k upgrade to Balcony (Is it a BA, BB, or BC?). Then add a two tier in to get to Aft Facing? Can I get there that way or is basic balcony (BA-BC) the highest you can get on upgrade?

Also if I do it that way will I get a bid upgrade invite? 

lastly, Once the reservation is in how does this all work? Do I order the coupon and wait for it to show up in my account like an FCC? Then I call to have it applied? Do I have any control over stateroom selection?

Can these be added to Agency Booked reservations or just NCL booked?

AK has a great point to $$ value for double upgrades. 

thanks!!

Yes you can book inside then points up to a balcony.

It's an equal cross ( or it's supposed to be) meaning ID=BD, IC=BC, ect.

But on some ships like Spirit it's wonky. IA gets you a BB it seems. But ID won't get you anything higher than a BD, if even available.

Best bet is to always book a IA!  That way you get any B based on availability.

Aft is out of the question as well as club balcony as well.

Yes you get invite to bid.

You book (inside cabin)online direct or thru a TA or call NCL.

Then just call World points and do the upgrade over the phone.

Real easy!

You could just call World points and do it all at once. Book, upgrade. Done!

Then give it to a TA if you want. (You have two weeks as a rule)

Edited by mscdivina2016
  • Like 2

The Dawn is another wacky ship for upgrades.  I had to book the highest inside cabin in order to get to choose my balcony.  Anything below, I don’t remember if their top inside is an IA or I4, is a balcony guarantee.  Be sure to check with WP before you book so you don’t get in the position of having to amend, and pay more for that first level cabin to get to the balcony you want.

• Like 1

I seem to remember a bonus points offer for NCL using the BOA card.  Something like 4x or 5x points instead of 3x.  Maybe it was a black friday thing.

Anyone know anything about that?  Tried searching and nothing came back, I have a balance due in January for a Med cruise, and would love to double the 18k points on black friday.

Then again, could be crazy and the bonus is just in my head.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mikiejag said:

I seem to remember a bonus points offer for NCL using the BOA card.  Something like 4x or 5x points instead of 3x.  Maybe it was a black friday thing.

Anyone know anything about that?  Tried searching and nothing came back, I have a balance due in January for a Med cruise, and would love to double the 18k points on black friday.

Then again, could be crazy and the bonus is just in my head.

I haven't had the card as long as some (7 years), but I keep a close eye on all credit card offers and I have not seen anything like that.  I would hope something like that would be posted as many of us would probably take advantage of that type of offer.

• Like 3

We’ve had the NCL MC for a year and a half. We use the card for everything and pay it off every month. 

We used points to upgrade from an inside to a balcony for our 20-day Panama Canal in October 2023, 11-day Europe and 12-day Greek Isles (B2B) in 2025. Using points saved us approximately $5,000, $3,500 and $3,500 respectively. 

if you’re happy with a balcony cabin, cabin upgrades are the best use of points. 

• Like 7