Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • I finally reached 60,000 points thanks to needing new siding for our home! We usually book our cruise around this time of year for Oct. Sadly, that won't be happening this yr. The last time I cashed in any points, 30,000, was for the single meta about 2 yrs ago. I just went to the Rewards section when paying my cc and it gave me the option of buying gift cards or cashing them in for money. The cash would be $600. This made me think, what happens if NCL doesn't sail again? Would I lose the points? Is it better to take the cash and run?! I'd much rather sail and use the points to do a double meta upgrade. Also, my sister and her dh bought us 2 FCC and I don't know how to use them. Can they be used to deposit on a cruise? 

I'm sure that there are many of us wondering the same thing with their precious points that took a long time to accumulate. We cruised last Oct. and I chose not to cash in any of the points for that one because I read that the best way to use them is for the upgrade.

 

Thanks for your help!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...
On 11/5/2020 at 2:35 PM, Heather1972 said:

I have to cancel my August 2021 cruise because the school system is starting school a week earlier than what they normally do. Ugh. So I need to get my 60k points back from using them on a double meta upgrade. Do I contact world points first? 

Since no one answered... here's what happened. I called world points directly and explained the situation. She canceled the cruise. Then she refunded the 60k world points while I was still on the phone. I got my cruise next certs back on my account today. Everything was easier than I imagined.  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Heather1972 said:

Since no one answered... here's what happened. I called world points directly and explained the situation. She canceled the cruise. Then she refunded the 60k world points while I was still on the phone. I got my cruise next certs back on my account today. Everything was easier than I imagined.  

 

 

Thanks for letting us know how it worked. I'm sure my January 2021 cruise will be cancelled because it is for 14 days and the CDC is only allowing cruises that do not exceed 7 nights. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Heather1972 said:

Since no one answered... here's what happened. I called world points directly and explained the situation. She canceled the cruise. Then she refunded the 60k world points while I was still on the phone. I got my cruise next certs back on my account today. Everything was easier than I imagined.  

 

Glad it all worked out for you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Hello,

 

If you used points and your voyage was cancelled you need to call the BoA NCL Meta People (1-866-954-4077) to have those points refunded as the refund won't process automatically for a cancelled voyage.

 

I called the BoA NCL Meta People (1-866-954-4077) in order to get my 30k in points back from the cancelled Jan 2021 voyage. They were very helpful and were able to process my request immediately.

 

Again, they will NOT have processed the point refund automatically for a cancelled voyage.

 

So if you are in the same situation of a cancelled voyage and had used points on that cancelled voyage you should call them to get the points refunded to your account.

 

Safe travels & Happy Holidays.

 

- WhosYourBuddy

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, WYB! said:

Hello,

 

If you used points and your voyage was cancelled you need to call the BoA NCL Meta People (1-866-954-4077) to have those points refunded as the refund won't process automatically for a cancelled voyage.

 

I called the BoA NCL Meta People (1-866-954-4077) in order to get my 30k in points back from the cancelled Jan 2021 voyage. They were very helpful and were able to process my request immediately.

 

Again, they will NOT have processed the point refund automatically for a cancelled voyage.

 

So if you are in the same situation of a cancelled voyage and had used points on that cancelled voyage you should call them to get the points refunded to your account.

 

Safe travels & Happy Holidays.

 

- WhosYourBuddy

 

Thank You for the heads up. My Jan 3 cruise out of NYC was canceled also. We used 60K for a Double Meta Upgrade for a combined Latitude 25 day cruise.  Saved many thousand dollars upgrading from an I4 to a BA on the Gem.

We saw the writing on the wall and on Jul 31 2020 we booked a bak2bak cruise NYC to Panama Canal and Panama Canal to NYC an I4 on the Gem. I will use the 60K to upgrade to a BA.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

DOUBLE META UPGRADE FIASCO

As stated previously I have a B2B cruise from NYC to Panama and Panama to NYC. Jan 25th and Feb 6th. 2023.

I called 1-866-954-4077  on Dec 18th and requested  a Double Meta Upgrade for my B2B cruises from an I4 to A BA for 60,000 points. 

She was very polite and asked for the Res#. I  complied  and she put me on hold. In a short time she came back on the line and said the transaction was completed. I thanked her and we ended the call. 

5 minutes later i received the updated reservation and to my surprise ONLY the first cruise was upgraded. I immediately called and spoke to a different person and explained the problem. She put me on hold and my phone call was abruptly and unexpectedly transferred to my NCL TA without explanation.

I immediately called back and spoke to different  person who, after listening to my situation, put me on hold. When she returned  she explained that the 2 cruises were not coupled (or linked ) and only my TA (she stated his name) could fix it.  

 

I  called  my NCL TA and he stated that the B2B cruises are linked. In this way the ship personnel know I will be sailing on both cruises. He stated that he could not link the I4 to the BA cruise. But he could book the second cruise as a BA but at the current BA price.  NOT an option for me.  

Tomorrow I will call NCL 's Upgrade dept. and have them get in touch with my TA.

 

If all fails I may have to cancel Double Meta Upgrade  IF I can get the original I4 sailing.

 

Any suggestions will be helpful.

Thank You

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, P_Mcruisers said:

DOUBLE META UPGRADE FIASCO

As stated previously I have a B2B cruise from NYC to Panama and Panama to NYC. Jan 25th and Feb 6th. 2023.

I called 1-866-954-4077  on Dec 18th and requested  a Double Meta Upgrade for my B2B cruises from an I4 to A BA for 60,000 points. 

She was very polite and asked for the Res#. I  complied  and she put me on hold. In a short time she came back on the line and said the transaction was completed. I thanked her and we ended the call. 

5 minutes later i received the updated reservation and to my surprise ONLY the first cruise was upgraded. I immediately called and spoke to a different person and explained the problem. She put me on hold and my phone call was abruptly and unexpectedly transferred to my NCL TA without explanation.

I immediately called back and spoke to different  person who, after listening to my situation, put me on hold. When she returned  she explained that the 2 cruises were not coupled (or linked ) and only my TA (she stated his name) could fix it.  

 

I  called  my NCL TA and he stated that the B2B cruises are linked. In this way the ship personnel know I will be sailing on both cruises. He stated that he could not link the I4 to the BA cruise. But he could book the second cruise as a BA but at the current BA price.  NOT an option for me.  

Tomorrow I will call NCL 's Upgrade dept. and have them get in touch with my TA.

 

 

 

Any suggestions will be helpful.

Thank You

 

 

 

 

First question....do you have 1 or 2 booking numbers?

When you go on "myncl" do you show 1 cruise or two cruises?

 Yes your TA may be able to link them but it may cost them commission. If they give you any grief, cancel it!!!!

 Then rebook direct with NCL with 1 booking number, then call back and talk to world points and get your double meta upgrade.

Now if you want you have 30 days to give the new reservation to the TA with a form you can print online. If the TA is not giving you anything back, then don't use them.

 It seems when ever I use a TA, they are concerned about the commission. They don't want to reprice as it cost them $$$. 2023 is long off. I have a b2b2b2b for 2023 and I am direct with NCL. I have repriced 3 times already.

Steve

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/22/2020 at 6:03 PM, mscdivina2016 said:

First question....do you have 1 or 2 booking numbers?

When you go on "myncl" do you show 1 cruise or two cruises?

 Yes your TA may be able to link them but it may cost them commission. If they give you any grief, cancel it!!!!

 Then rebook direct with NCL with 1 booking number, then call back and talk to world points and get your double meta upgrade.

Now if you want you have 30 days to give the new reservation to the TA with a form you can print online. If the TA is not giving you anything back, then don't use them.

 It seems when ever I use a TA, they are concerned about the commission. They don't want to reprice as it cost them $$$. 2023 is long off. I have a b2b2b2b for 2023 and I am direct with NCL. I have repriced 3 times already.

Steve

Thank you for your response. 

I have two cruises booked individually with 2 diff reservation numbers.

I booked these  2 cruises with NCL. All of my cruises (25) have been with an NCL TA employee.

I have a new TA at NCL as my old NCL TA is no longer with NCL.

 

I now have two cruises b2b one a BA (the first cruise) the second cruise  an I4. 

It looks as if i may have to cancel the BA, retrieving my 60,000 bonus points and re booking the first  cruise.

Or do i need to cancel both cruises and start from the beginning. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, P_Mcruisers said:

Or do I  need a new experienced NCL TA. 

 

 

You need to call the world points department and run this past them. When you call, ASK to make sure that you are talking to someone from the world points department. I'm not convinced you can take 2 different cruises even though back to back and use 60,000 points to do a double meta cross upgrade to BOTH cruises.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you need to 1st cancel your world point upgrade and get your 60k in points back.

 

2nd cancel both reservations and get your Cruise Next deposit returned to your account.

 

3rd, rebook the B2B making sure that you have only 1 reservations number and then proceed with the meta upgrade using points.

 

Happy Holidays and Safe travels.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/23/2020 at 9:44 PM, P_Mcruisers said:

Thank you for your response. 

I have two cruises booked individually with 2 diff reservation numbers.

I booked these  2 cruises with NCL. All of my cruises (25) have been with an NCL TA employee.

I have a new TA at NCL as my old NCL TA is no longer with NCL.

 

I now have two cruises b2b one a BA (the first cruise) the second cruise  an I4. 

It looks as if i may have to cancel the BA, retrieving my 60,000 bonus points and re booking the first  cruise.

Or do i need to cancel both cruises and start from the beginning. 

Start from the beginning. Get both cruises in highest inside category with 1 booking number, then call back and make sure you are speaking to a World points rep.

STeve

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Heather1972 said:

. I'm not convinced you can take 2 different cruises even though back to back and use 60,000 points to do a double meta cross upgrade to BOTH cruises.  

I do it all the time. Not just b2b but b2b2b2b. I currently have  2 b2b's and 1 b2b2b2b all with one booking number and 60,000 point double meta upgrades applied.

STeve

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/25/2020 at 11:17 AM, mscdivina2016 said:

I do it all the time. Not just b2b but b2b2b2b. I currently have  2 b2b's and 1 b2b2b2b all with one booking number and 60,000 point double meta upgrades applied.

STeve

Hello Steve,

Hope you are well.

On a B2B2B with a 30k or 60k meta upgrade, if the price should significantly drop on one or more of your original cabin segments, have you contacted NCL to reprice and were you successful in doing so?

 

- WYB

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, WYB! said:

Hello Steve,

Hope you are well.

On a B2B2B with a 30k or 60k meta upgrade, if the price should significantly drop on one or more of your original cabin segments, have you contacted NCL to reprice and were you successful in doing so?

 

- WYB

Hi WYB,

 When you the upgrade you should have 1 booking number, so in theory there is only 1 segment, so you need to price out all 3 and add them up. If 1 segment goes down in price, another may go up or visa versa.

 I reprice all the time but its always the total of all segments under the single booking number. I also want to caution you that sometimes the NCL system will reprice higher than the total you may get when you add all segments up. Sometimes its a little other times its been a $400 difference, but when I am double meta from an inside to a balcony the price savings is $3000 to $6000 on the average so I just accept it.

 Keep in mind that the whole cruise is treated as one, so you get 1 shareholder credit if your have stock, and your lattitudes perks may be single as well. on a b2b2b2b I have only gotten 1 bottle of champagne, 1 bag of laundry, and 1 gift. If I booked separately I would have gotten 4 of each. Allot depends on the cruise next rep onboard. I get treated well as I am plat plus.

Steve

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Keep in mind that the whole cruise is treated as one, so you get 1 shareholder credit if your have stock, and your lattitudes perks may be single as well. on a b2b2b2b I have only gotten 1 bottle of champagne, 1 bag of laundry, and 1 gift. If I booked separately I would have gotten 4 of each.

We booked B2B NYC to SF and SF to NYC earlier this year - Jan 4 until Feb 14, 2020. I was only allowed to use 2 Cruise Next deposits but received F at S bennies for both halves, and $500 in Shareholder OBC $250 for each leg. It more depends on how the person booking it does it. Our amenity confirmation showed 2 each Beverage Packages, Dining Packages for my husband and myself for a total of 4 packages of each. We also got our Platinum Dinners for each half. We only had one reservation number.

  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for getting back to me and for the repricing on B2B information.

 

Initially, NCL has told my TA that I can only use 2 Cruise Next Certificates total on a B2B but for the past 3 years, each time I tell my TA to tell NCL that I can use 2 CNC per segment and then my TA contacts NCL again and NCL then agrees to it. NCL usually looks up my previous travel, see what I did, and then agrees to it. The processing of the 2nd CNC is delayed by about 2 weeks but it is completed eventually.

 

On my previous B2B voyages, I've gotten the max shareholder benefit for each segment, in fact although booked as 1 reservation the shareholder people don't see it as 1 reservation but what ever the duration of each segment is what I get for my benefit. It's like asking the casino people how I'm doing, and in the casino they can only tell me how I'm doing on that segment of the cruise and not the overall journey. I'm not a big gambler and I don't book using the casino at sea program but I like to think I know how to play.

 

So a B2B 10 day voyages will get me a shareholder benefit of $100 per voyage and not $250 for 20 days. But yeah, 2 b2b 20 day voyages got me a $500 shareholder benefit. Also as a Platinum Plus, I get the Platinum Plus (2 specialty dining coupons & dining with the officers per segment). As far as laundry they gave all platinum and above 3 free laundry bags per platinum per segment so it came out to 12 bags of free laundry for a 41 day voyage. Also ships dining staff were really nice and gave me a bottle of wine at every specialty dining meal to drink or take home which came out to 14 bottles of wine and the thing is I don't really drink (I don't drink coffee or soda either) and I didn't have the drink package. I gave most away as gifts along the way rather then hauling 13 bottles of wine back to NY (I opened 1 at dinner once). Plus the casino people offer you drinks without  a drink package if you happen to be sitting and winning for a extended period of time.

 

The other thing I found really useful on a B2B voyage was on the 1st segment to find someone from Europe who wasn't doing a B2B trip. For some reason their cruise package involved getting a crazy amount of package water to their stateroom. I mean something along the lines of 96 1 ltr bottles of water delivered to their room in cases and them not know what to do with it. A few days before the end of the 1st voyage if they still had a supply I kindly took the remaining off their hands.

 

I think for now my booking strategy will be to do the 30k meta upgrade on a single B2B and 60k meta upgrade on B2B2B or longer.

 

Safe travels & Happy New Year!

 

- WYB

Edited by WYB!
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just an update. When my January 2021 voyage was cancelled, they refunded the cash to my BoA card but 3 weeks later took away the points that booking generated.

I was hoping that the points in my account would "wash" when they took the 30k in points for my 2022 booked meta upgrade but that didn't happen and 13,481 points went back to BoA.

 

I now have a BoA reward points balance of 0.31 available in my account. So if you currently have a points balance and your cruise is cancelled, try to spend the points in your account on anything before the point subtraction is completed (about 3 weeks).

 

Safe travels & Happy New Year!

- WhosYourBuddy

Edited by WYB!
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

This is the first time I am reading this thread so bear with me. Do I understand this correctly that if I book a B2B I only have to use 60,000 miles to get a double upgrade on both cruises? And, if I book a B2B2B I still only have to use 60,000 miles to get a double upgrade on all the cruises?

If this is true I am upset because I just booked a B2B with my NCL  cruise consultant, used 60,000 miles for an upgrade on the fist leg but paid full B2 fare on the second.

Thanks for any help.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, winemaker1 said:

This is the first time I am reading this thread so bear with me. Do I understand this correctly that if I book a B2B I only have to use 60,000 miles to get a double upgrade on both cruises? And, if I book a B2B2B I still only have to use 60,000 miles to get a double upgrade on all the cruises?

If this is true I am upset because I just booked a B2B with my NCL  cruise consultant, used 60,000 miles for an upgrade on the fist leg but paid full B2 fare on the second.

Thanks for any help.

Yep, you seem to have grasped the situation correctly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, winemaker1 said:

This is the first time I am reading this thread so bear with me. Do I understand this correctly that if I book a B2B I only have to use 60,000 miles to get a double upgrade on both cruises? And, if I book a B2B2B I still only have to use 60,000 miles to get a double upgrade on all the cruises?

If this is true I am upset because I just booked a B2B with my NCL  cruise consultant, used 60,000 miles for an upgrade on the fist leg but paid full B2 fare on the second.

Thanks for any help.

You got slighly taken....maybe.

I have used it for b2b2b2b. I actually have one coming and already applied points.

Keep in mind if you combine them, yes you get the upgrade for all for the same points but the cruise is treated as 1.

So what ever perks you would get for each cruise, you only get 1. Use only 1 Future cruise cert, you get 1 shareholder benefit, and 1 of each perk based on your status. So free 100 minutes of internet perk is all you get whether on a single cruise, a b2b, b2b2b, ect. Same with a dining package, if it comes with 3 meals perk, that all you get for all cruises total versus the perk repeating for each cruise.

 Always look at the itinerary and ship to see how many balconies they have and if its popular and time of year as well as difference in cost between categories. Makes no sense to book and inside and use 60K points when an outside is only a $100 more. 

STeve

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with RiverCruising.co.uk
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...