Is sharing a soda card stealing?

Podorama

Well if honesty does not win you over...

The point of low cruise fares is because the cruiselines make money in other ways ... all voluntary. The more people try to cheat, the more incentive the cruiselines will have for increasing the base cruise fare.

It's simple economics ... and they ARE in the business of making money ... one way or another. So, when the prices go up, you will know why.

Well if honesty does not win you over...

The point of low cruise fares is because the cruiselines make money in other ways ... all voluntary. The more people try to cheat, the more incentive the cruiselines will have for increasing the base cruise fare.

It's simple economics ... and they ARE in the business of making money ... one way or another. So, when the prices go up, you will know why.

because everyone steals the soda...

hehe

someone had a great suggestion... only allowing a certain number of sodas per card...

because everyone steals the soda...

hehe

someone had a great suggestion... only allowing a certain number of sodas per card...

No, not because of just the soda.:rolleyes: Smuggling liquor (they sell it on board) is also going to do it.

An analogy is when people submit false insurance claims, guess who pays? When people shoplift, guess what happens to the prices? Same idea.

No, not because of just the soda.:rolleyes: Smuggling liquor (they sell it on board) is also going to do it.

An analogy is when people submit false insurance claims, guess who pays? When people shoplift, guess what happens to the prices? Same idea.

Moondawgie, You are absolutly correct, It's the Honest people who pay for it. I'm getting tired of it too. People who cheat and steal affect everyone else that doesn't. We have to pay More because they feel they are entitled to something extra.

T

Argue, not me! I just am asking a few little ol questions. I don't have any certain point of view I want to hear! Heck, I might get the card and never use it just to help out Carnivals bottom line!

But what if, I do buy the card and never use it,(not even once, myself or anyone else) should they give me a refund for the cost of the card if I ask for such??

yes they should. i got 2 for the kids one each they hardlly used them anyway .one was in the kids club and the other asked me to get a coke i said use your card ,it was in the cabin so i used his brothers card .then i realised if you have more than one kid only buy one card , as they do not check i will not buy even one, again as the kids hardly use them anyway, for us it was a wastew of money

yes they should. i got 2 for the kids one each they hardlly used them anyway .one was in the kids club and the other asked me to get a coke i said use your card ,it was in the cabin so i used his brothers card .then i realised if you have more than one kid only buy one card , as they do not check i will not buy even one, again as the kids hardly use them anyway, for us it was a wastew of money

absolutley agree.. im not saying to abuse it.. and get every tom dick and harry soda lol

absolutley agree.. im not saying to abuse it.. and get every tom dick and harry soda lol

Were you bored today? Just wanted to raise your thread count? Just felt like a debate?

IMO this is a stupid thread and you just keep trying to justify stealing, well, that doesn't work. This is just getting more ridiculous.

I want to try this again!!

Lets say I bring on board soda as I am allowed to do (Pepsi) and my new friend has a soda card and only Coke is available, and he/she gets a Coke, then gives it to me and I give her my Pepsi, did either of us steal or cheat?

Do you have no concept at all of what HONESTY is? Or INTEGRITY? Or TRUTH?

Your original post asked if sharing was stealing and the answer is YES! It is not cheating, it is stealing. Defrauding a merchant by trick [look it up]!

This is not one opinion against another, it is a FACT. If you share the card it is theft, period, no qualifiers. The monetary amount only effects the misdemeanor/felony status. Stealing a small amount does not make it some sort of silly assed unstealing.

Now your post quoted here is an attempt to befuddle your original post or somehow confuse stealing with fair exchange.

To answer your question

You brought the Pepsi on board legally [provided it was not shoplifted] with the approval of the merchant[cruiseline]. That transaction is ended, the Pepsi is yours to do with as you will.

The card holder has his coke, his to enjoy. That transaction has ended. You trade with one another, you now have an honestly acquired coke, he has an honestly acquired pepsi. What's the difference between that and him just giving you a coke. In that case he is gifting you a coke from Carnival without their knowledge or approval. [stealing] Can you make a claim that it is his coke to do with as he pleases, yes you can make that claim. But a functioning brain would tell you it is a lie and dishonest.

But if your personal honor is worth less than the cost of a few cokes, well go ahead and share a card.

I do wonder at what level the theft stops being OK.

Dan

Do you have no concept at all of what HONESTY is? Or INTEGRITY? Or TRUTH?

Your original post asked if sharing was stealing and the answer is YES! It is not cheating, it is stealing. Defrauding a merchant by trick [look it up]!

This is not one opinion against another, it is a FACT. If you share the card it is theft, period, no qualifiers. The monetary amount only effects the misdemeanor/felony status. Stealing a small amount does not make it some sort of silly assed unstealing.

Now your post quoted here is an attempt to befuddle your original post or somehow confuse stealing with fair exchange.

To answer your question

You brought the Pepsi on board legally [provided it was not shoplifted] with the approval of the merchant[cruiseline]. That transaction is ended, the Pepsi is yours to do with as you will.

The card holder has his coke, his to enjoy. That transaction has ended. You trade with one another, you now have an honestly acquired coke, he has an honestly acquired pepsi. What's the difference between that and him just giving you a coke. In that case he is gifting you a coke from Carnival without their knowledge or approval. [stealing] Can you make a claim that it is his coke to do with as he pleases, yes you can make that claim. But a functioning brain would tell you it is a lie and dishonest.

But if your personal honor is worth less than the cost of a few cokes, well go ahead and share a card.

I do wonder at what level the theft stops being OK.

Dan

Dan, That is Quite Enough Said. Well Done

T

This reminds me of a thread a couple months ago. I can't remember the name of the thread, but a long time cc member and friends took their carton of milk and put it in a ice chest and took it ashore. They took it into Cozumel and gave it to Paradise Tom. Seems Tom has a child and where they live it is hard to find real milk.

Now when everyone purchases a cruise ticket, included in that ticket is unlimited food and certain drinks. Milk being one of them. You can sit at breakfast and have 20 cartons if you wish to do so. Or you can take it ashore for lunch. They chose to give it to their friend Tom. Now the

way some of you think then I guess Tom is stealing. Afterall he did not pay for it.:rolleyes:

That cc member defended herself over and over again. She was not trying to JUSTIFY anything. (that word seems to be used loosley when some of your arguments don't fly)She was stating it was their milk and they could do whatever they wanted with it. And she was right. That's not trying to justify stealing. She knew that what they were doing was not cheating or stealing. And believe me she did not loose any sleep over it:rolleyes:

In my opinion I see that being no different if a cardholder gets a drink and gives it to his wife. That cardholder can do whatever he wants with his soda.

If you want to get technical....there is no rule that states milk is to be consumed only by the ticket holder. And there is no rule that the soda card purchaser has to consume that soda.

But what is really sad is some of you that equate this to driving drunk, stealing cameras. And having little or no brain. That to me is pathetic.

I know most of you get it. I know personally some members that do but won't post because they feel they don't need to defend themselves.

The others can go on and do what you feel is right.....

Hmmmm.. got to go to the insults eh, all I did was ask a question. Well, the hostile, negative response to a simple question speaks loudly about the character of those who presented such. I could with ease eviscerate you but why should I bother? I don’t care what you think because I know you do not do it very often. (or very well for that matter)

To the sane ones, Kurbanfan, urbabie2 Hey its been a blast:-) Thanks!

Argue, not me! I just am asking a few little ol questions. I don't have any certain point of view I want to hear! Heck, I might get the card and never use it just to help out Carnivals bottom line!

But what if, I do buy the card and never use it,(not even once, myself or anyone else) should they give me a refund for the cost of the card if I ask for such??

You paid $5.50 per day for all the soda you care to drink. If you care to drink 100 sodas a day, it's 5.50. If you care to drink none, well, it's still 5.50 per day.

NO, I pay a price to have as much as I want.(although only one serving per redemption) What I do with the product after it is turned over to me is MY business.

So let's see, I take my family of four to the Chinese buffet. I pay only for myself. After all, once I go to the serving line and take a tray of food, what I do with the product is MY business, right?

Here we go again:rolleyes:

If you feel it is wrong then don't.

Technically it says one glass will be served to the person who's name is on the card. After that you can take a bath in it , dump it out, wash your hair with it or god forbid share it if you want.:D

It depends on how you look at it. If you are a sodaaholic, then get seperate cards. DH drinks more soda than I do.

My DH and I share a card because we share the drinks. We get one soda, and we both drink from it. I don't drink that much soda, and Juice burns my stomach, so what little I do drink, I drink from his glass. Usually we carry the same glass around for about an hour or so. When it gets watered down, who ever puts their name on the card orders another soda and we do it all over again. As for the Dining room, we drink Tea with our meals. So no need to use it in there.

I can't believe it.....

1960 views and 142 posts on whether stealing is stealing.....

I would think the first person who answered this "YES" would have been the end of it.....;)

Post #143 view # 1961...LOL:rolleyes:

So let's see, I take my family of four to the Chinese buffet. I pay only for myself. After all, once I go to the serving line and take a tray of food, what I do with the product is MY business, right?

Well it all depends, did the other people at the buffet pay anywhere from a few hundred dollars to a couple of thousand to be in the room the buffet is being served? See that is the problem with that comparison, we are not talking about feeding people that have no right to be there we are talking about giving a soda that is paid for, to someone else who also has paid to be on the ship.

Yet I ask once more, if I bring on sodas (which is legal)and share them with others and thus they do not buy a soda card have I not also deprived Carnival of the profit of selling a soda card?

OK, so why is it stealing, because of the fine print in the agreement? Hmmmm,,, so when I buy a soda card, Carnival has determined the cost by making a estimate of how much soda the average person will drink and marking such up, thus that is the price of the card. OK, so If I use LESS then the amount of soda they estimated I would use, do they owe me a refund?

It is STEALING if more than one person uses the card.

One card per person.

No refunds for under usage. No extra payments for over usage.

By your way of thinking one pax could buy a card and supply soda for the entire ship for the entire cruise.

so if stealing is stealing.... can you not think of even one situation where stealing is justified?

I wonder which is worse.. "Stealing" a soda that is in fact paid for OR, belittling, insulting, ridicule and degrading people you do not even know because you THINK you know what they may think on a topic and disagree.... Hmmmmmm

I find it AMAZING that the people who are so quick to take such a moral high ground are also (for the most part) the same ones who have been insulting and degrading.... talk about hypocrisy!

This reminds me of a thread a couple months ago. I can't remember the name of the thread, but a long time cc member and friends took their carton of milk and put it in a ice chest and took it ashore. They took it into Cozumel and gave it to Paradise Tom. Seems Tom has a child and where they live it is hard to find real milk.

Now when everyone purchases a cruise ticket, included in that ticket is unlimited food and certain drinks. Milk being one of them. You can sit at breakfast and have 20 cartons if you wish to do so. Or you can take it ashore for lunch. They chose to give it to their friend Tom. Now the

way some of you think then I guess Tom is stealing. Afterall he did not pay for it.:rolleyes:

That cc member defended herself over and over again. She was not trying to JUSTIFY anything. (that word seems to be used loosley when some of your arguments don't fly)She was stating it was their milk and they could do whatever they wanted with it. And she was right. That's not trying to justify stealing. She knew that what they were doing was not cheating or stealing. And believe me she did not loose any sleep over it:rolleyes:

In my opinion I see that being no different if a cardholder gets a drink and gives it to his wife. That cardholder can do whatever he wants with his soda.

If you want to get technical....there is no rule that states milk is to be consumed only by the ticket holder. And there is no rule that the soda card purchaser has to consume that soda.

But what is really sad is some of you that equate this to driving drunk, stealing cameras. And having little or no brain. That to me is pathetic.

I know most of you get it. I know personally some members that do but won't post because they feel they don't need to defend themselves.

The others can go on and do what you feel is right.....

So like I posted to the other poster by your logic I can buy a soda card and give my sodas to all the pax on the ship one by one. Cause once I take possesion of the soda it is mine to do with as I will.

I would love for you to try that on your next cruise and see what happens!

Well it all depends, did the other people at the buffet pay anywhere from a few hundred dollars to a couple of thousand to be in the room the buffet is being served? See that is the problem with that comparison, we are not talking about feeding people that have no right to be there we are talking about giving a soda that is paid for, to someone else who also has paid to be on the ship.

But has NOT paid for the soda. They have EVERY RIGHT to be there. What they have NO RIGHT to is drink the soda.

Let's say my buffet, instead of being at Chef Lin's down the road, is now in a hotel. My wife and I are in one room, and you are in another (for which you've paid a few hundred dollars). The hotel has a (non-free) buffet restaurant. By your analogy, I can now pay for the buffet for myself and share it with you, because after all, you've paid to be in the hotel, it's not like I'm sharing with someone who doesn't have a right to be there.

The fact that you're in the hotel (ship) has no bearing whatsoever on your right (or lack thereof) to partake in the buffet (soda card).

Yet I ask once more, if I bring on sodas (which is legal)and share them with others and thus they do not buy a soda card have I not also deprived Carnival of the profit of selling a soda card?

You answered your own question. See the green text.

Archived