Grand Suite Concierge/Pre-Sailing Arrangements

I am sailing next Sunday on the Mariner in a Grand Suite. I have some friends who recently returned from 2 separate RCCL cruises also in Grand Suites. Allegedly, the concierges contacted my friends about 3 weeks in advance to arrange ice show tickets, specialty dinner reservations etc...

I have not been contacted. Has anybody else heard of this happening?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

It depends on the individual concierge as to whether or not they contact guests prior to arrival. I wouldn't worry about pre-arranging ice show tkts. Once onboard you can get these from the concierge at any time. As for the specialty restaurant reservations, I suggest you call or visit these right after boarding since the concierge doesn't come on duty until after muster drill. FYI-- if the concierge is the same guy we had when we sailed on the Mariner, you'd be better off doing everything on your own since this guy wouldn't pee on you if you were on fire...:D

Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. It is suppose to be part of the perks with a suite, GS and above, but not all of them do. But not to worry. Once you board, they are at your service, and will get you ice show tix or whatever you want if you ask. Enjoy! Let me know how it is. I have a GS booked on the Mariner.

It depends on the individual concierge as to whether or not they contact guests prior to arrival. I wouldn't worry about pre-arranging ice show tkts. Once onboard you can get these from the concierge at any time. As for the specialty restaurant reservations, I suggest you call or visit these right after boarding since the concierge doesn't come on duty until after muster drill. FYI-- if the concierge is the same guy we had when we sailed on the Mariner, you'd be better off doing everything on your own since this guy wouldn't pee on you if you were on fire...:D
Pass the windex and paper towels, please. :rolleyes: :D ;)

Good Morning:

We have always booked GS/OS and sometimes they email and other times not. I agree, it depends on the Concierge.

If your interested in the speciality dining, you should book those as soon as you get on.

The ice show and excursions you can do with no problem.

Enjoy!

Last year we booked GS on the Jewel - and no email contact. I thought the concierge was "ok".

Then we met Ricardo on the Liberty in June - a wonderful guy with lots of experience. He contacted us prior to the cruise and made our spa and dinner reservations.

So it all depends on who the concierge is......it shouldn't be that way but unfortunately it is.

I have never understood why people want the concierge to make their restaurant reservations. It only takes one phone call or visit--you can make it to the restaurant and have it solved with a one time request--OR if you go through the concierge (no faster, better, etc) and your desired time is not available, you have to restart the process.:confused:

I have never understood why people want the concierge to make their restaurant reservations. It only takes one phone call or visit--you can make it to the restaurant and have it solved with a one time request--OR if you go through the concierge (no faster, better, etc) and your desired time is not available, you have to restart the process.:confused:

I totally agree.

I can see doing it if you can do it before you board.

We were in an OS on Mariner 3 weeks ago. We received an email from Kevin on the Wednesday before our departure. He did in fact make spa and Portofino reservations for us. The point to the reservations being made through the concierge is that you will be able to get your selected times because no one is able to make reservations before boarding the ship unless it is through the concierge. So there is a benefit to using the concierge service.

We were also able to get ice show tickets through Kevin before they became available to the public. We were able to tell him which show we wanted to attend and there was no problem in getting them. No standing in line. The tickets are NOT reserved seating, so we did have to get there early like everyone else.

I had read from another thread to write the concierge yourself a few days before your trip. I did this on the Explorer. I sent an email to the concierge about 4 days before my cruise. the concierge, Ricky wrote back asap, he said he was just getting ready to write to everyone. Anyway he made our reservations for us, made sure we had the table we wanted in the dinning room and was just great.

I had read from another thread to write the concierge yourself a few days before your trip. I did this on the Explorer. I sent an email to the concierge about 4 days before my cruise. the concierge, Ricky wrote back asap, he said he was just getting ready to write to everyone. Anyway he made our reservations for us, made sure we had the table we wanted in the dinning room and was just great.

I'm on the Explorer this Friday in a GS. Haven't heard from Ricky yet. I'll only be at work till Wed, which is the email they have. I wonder if I should write him? Sure he's busy. Do you have the email address? thanks.

I am sailing next Sunday on the Mariner in a Grand Suite. I have some friends who recently returned from 2 separate RCCL cruises also in Grand Suites. Allegedly, the concierges contacted my friends about 3 weeks in advance to arrange ice show tickets, specialty dinner reservations etc...

I have not been contacted. Has anybody else heard of this happening?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Make sure your e-mail information in your profile on the RCCL site is up to date.

BILL

We sail on Friday in a RFS on the Explorer of the Seas. I got an e-mail from the concierge, Ricky this morning. I will be e-mailing him back to request at least 3 nights at Portofino. Other than that, we are all set with shore excursions and will not be doing any spa treatments this trip.

We sail on Friday in a RFS on the Explorer of the Seas. I got an e-mail from the concierge, Ricky this morning. I will be e-mailing him back to request at least 3 nights at Portofino. Other than that, we are all set with shore excursions and will not be doing any spa treatments this trip.

Ok, we're on the same cruise. I didn't hear anything today, we'll see what happens. Thanks and see you on Friday!

Archived