The Battle of the Ports: Who will have Genesis???

Which Port do you want to be Genesis' Homeport??  

541 members have voted

1. 1. Which Port do you want to be Genesis' Homeport??

• Miami
    • Ft. Lauderdale
    • Port Canaveral
    • No Preference

Where did this info come from?

I totally agree.......I hope you do realize LATER that RCCL built the world headquarters in Miami when Dodge Island was built. They have recently spent millions upgrading the facility with new computer systems.........I seriously doubt they are moving to LA....where they have 2 ships vs. 8-12 ships around Port Canaveral to Miami every year.

ROFL!!! Maybe what we don't know about the Genesis class is that it will have wheels and will sometimes ROLL to the water!!:D :eek: :cool:

:D They could just pick up everyone at the airport, and then roll to the coast. That would take care of the 'MIA is hard to get to' argument. :D

Related to the info on the RCCL cruise lines headquarters being moved to LA it was in an article in the Orlando Sentinel about 3 weeks ago. The article also discussed the repositioning of the Mariner which to most of us is old news. With the way reporters get their facts lately who knows if the story is true or not. Companies spend milliions of dollars in remodeling and still move. It doesn't mean they wouldn't still have an office and staff in Miami. I only know what I saw in the article and that is all I was commenting on.

Hope it goes to Miami since we will never cruise on her & have decided not to cruise from that port anymore-too hard to get to & too many hassles...pls keep Lauderdale for the nicer sized cruise ships! Also hope it never goes to any port we are in--too many people at once...just bad! Sort of like "Containerized" cruising!

I'd rather it go out of any port over Miami, but please, please send it to Port Canaveral! I love how uncongested PC is.

Ditto. I don't expect that Genesis will go out of PC, but the Poll asked what I WANTed to see happen, and that is PC, which is a budget-saving 7 1/2 hr drive rather than a trip requiring airline travel. But It will end up in Miami most likely, I expect.

• 2 months later...
Related to the info on the RCCL cruise lines headquarters being moved to LA it was in an article in the Orlando Sentinel about 3 weeks ago. The article also discussed the repositioning of the Mariner which to most of us is old news. With the way reporters get their facts lately who knows if the story is true or not. Companies spend milliions of dollars in remodeling and still move. It doesn't mean they wouldn't still have an office and staff in Miami. I only know what I saw in the article and that is all I was commenting on.

http://www.globest.com/news/1021_1021/miami/165399-1.html

Archived