Scariest Moment aboard a Cruise

trock

Age 6.

Breaking the rules on the Queen Mary.

Being blown across the lido in gale force winds and rain and as I was just going over the railing being yanked from behind and pulled back on deck.

I am 52 today but still remember seeing the sea coming up to engulf me.

Thank goodness and God bless the crew member that most assuredly saved my life.

Sorry that I don't have a funny remark to make but it was not only stupid but scary. I obey the rules and regulations while on board now.

First cruise and first time ever outside the U.S. - our first port was Grand Cayman. After much cajoling I convinced DH that according to everyone here on CC an independent excursion was the way to go. Last tender time of 3pm and at 2:55 were still on the van on the way back into Georgetown (and I knew there were sometimes traffic problems there.) Completely scary for a newbie!!! We made the third to the last tender and the ship was pulling out by the time we dropped our bags in the room and went back up on deck.

Coast Guard helicopter taking someone off from pool area on way back from Bermuda.

DH being awakened by water dripping on his face.

Apparently pipe broke in the middle of the night in cabin above. We moved to another cabin in the middle of the night. People said didn't I think the ship was sinking but it never occurred to me. On one 14 day cruise we had both a burst pipe in the ceiling outside the door of the cabin next door which flooded the carpet and a total blackout when the electricity was off and we operated on emergency generators for several hrs.

I had just gotten off of the elevator. It is why I always travel with a flashlight.

The worst in my opinion was terrible weather to return to the ship from Martha's Vineyard in the tenders. The waves were crashing over the top of the tenders as we stood on the ship. The anchor would not hold the ship and they had to keep repositoning because water was coming in the area where the tenders were trying to discharge passengers. The captain told us this after the fact! When they tell you on the ship that the tenders will not sink this experience proved it for me!!!

Whats the scariest thing to happen while you were on a cruise?

On the Triumph, I went to the Sangria bar to get another Sangria when the guy in front of me bought the last one in the pitcher. I thought that was the last of them. Talk about scary.

Luckily, they made more and all was well.

On our cruise last February, we had to stop and see what was going on with a tiny little boat that was crossing in front of us. We stood on our balcony and watched it come closer. I was scared that there was going to be a lifeless body or two on it, but it was empty. Turned out it had broken loose from a pier in the port we had just left.

It was amazing how teeny tiny it looked next to our ship.

Last year when we sailed on the Crown Princess in the middle of dinner...."Man Overboard"...was called in...the crew went into action. The ship slowed down and stopped. After about an hour all passengers were sent to their cabin for roll call. We stood on our balcony while the crew did the search in the lifeboats. We got an all clear about an hour later...all passengers attended for.

Then the next day........some kind of naval jet flew right by my balcony and scared the *%^$ out of me.

This was was an event my family did not speak about until about one week ago..... Last Feb we were in Chankanaub park in Cozumel. It was "Fat Tuesday" and the port was very crowded. My two oldest children were finishing up the dolphin discovery and my DH 2 yr old and sister were waiting. It was getting close to closing time. My sister decided to go to the bathroom. After a bit, the kids came out of the water so we took them to the gift shop to get the photos. Still no sign of my sister. Twenty minutes had gone by,the place was now empty, so I sent my 19 year old in to the ladies room to check on her. She was gone. I had to go check for myself! Now we were getting nervous! It was getting late!:(

My DH checked the jungle path and I had security look for her. After some time, we had to leave or we would miss the ship. We only had our photo Id's and I had 3 kids with me! A cab driver thought he saw someone fitting her description leave in a cab. We had no choice and had to go as the road along the waterfront was closed for a parade!

A wonderful driver got us into town and we walked VERY quickly back to the ship. I banged on her room door, and my mom answered. We started to tell her the story...she was in the shower already blazing mad that WE left HER, while she was in the rest room.:eek: She had been back on the ship for over 20 minutes. Diner that evening was very quiet!

I did not feel well, and when I went to take my blood pressure, my machine did not work. Nor did my sugar machine. I had put them in checked luggage, and the tossing them around caused a problem. Ended up having to go to first aid to have them checked.

.....I was sweating bullets as I brought my Vodka in my carry on in water bottles.

Boy, was that close! I still have nightmares!

:eek:

LOL!! Oh, congrats on the 100 posts, though i see you have now surpassed that!! Do you feel any different?:D :p ;)

Waking up through a hangover and realizing that we had missed our St. John's shore excursion.:o

(not really scary but the best I got.)

Better than falling asleep on the beach and finding your ship sailed w/o you:cool:

After our second cruise, which was our first seven day cruise, I looked at our sail and sign bill and thought..What kind of mistake has Carnival made? They list it all out for you, and you see where you DID spend that much money. It is strange that two people could spend that much between 8p.m. and midnight. That was the scariest time for us. Walking off of the ship with a hangover and your bill.

Archived