Scariest Moment aboard a Cruise

trock

When I was giving my wife a back rub, then relized it was not my wife....

LOL!! Care to explain how THAT happened??:eek: :D

We were standing in a line after a long flight and I was not paying attention, and I started rubbing what I thought was my wifes back. All of a sudden my wife (who was standing beside me started laughing). I apoligized to the lady, but she just after a long flight herself did not want me to stop. What scared me was that her Husband was one big dude. Thankfully we all had a good laugh.

For me, having food poisoning so bad that I was afraid I wouldn't be better by the time we returned to port and they would just drag me out to make room for the next passenger embarking!!!! Luckily, the 2 days made it better.... but I was not 100% flying home.... Thank god I was by the potty.......lol...... I can laugh now but I wasn't laughing then..... And I was with friends but they lived in other states so I had to fly home by myself..... ugh.......:(

When I was giving my wife a back rub, then relized it was not my wife....

We were standing in a line after a long flight and I was not paying attention, and I started rubbing what I thought was my wifes back. All of a sudden my wife (who was standing beside me started laughing). I apoligized to the lady, but she just after a long flight herself did not want me to stop. What scared me was that her Husband was one big dude. Thankfully we all had a good laugh.

LOL!!! :D On my trip to France and Italy back in June, one of the men in our group had been standing beside his wife, but she walked off and the wife of the leader of our group had walked up. He started rubbing his hand up and down her arm while he was looking off at something, she poked him on the shoulder and he jumped when he looked down and saw that it was Becky and not his wife!! Later Becky's husband went up to HIS wife and started rubbing her arm and back!!

Just thought of something else, but this did not happen on a cruise. We had gone to an airshow at our local airport, and my brother and dad had come also. My oldest dd, who was about 10 at the time, was walking in between them, holding their hands. Slowly, ever so slowly, she started letting go of their hands, and then, for about 5 seconds or so (or what felt like a lifetime to THEM, hehehe) my brother and my dad were walking, holding hands, LOL!!

When we couldn't find my teenage daughter after her curfew. She was an hour late and it took another hour to find her. Had the Captain looking! She was finally found in a stairwell, with a group of kids from the teen center. She was oblivious to the time. :mad:

Did I mention that it was our first cruise and it was storming that night and the ship was rocking really badly. I thought surely my daughter had gone overboard. :eek:

I have been there, I woke up at 3 am to find that my 13 yr old son was not in his bed! He hadnt come to the cabin yet and we also found him in the stairwell with the teens, but he was making balloon animals......I never want to experience that kind of fear again!!!

Watching the guy ahead of me in the customs line get nailed for a small Cuban cigar and trying to convince myself that I really didn't have two stashed in my garment bag.

Wife flirted a little with the Agent. All was well.

-D

On my second cruise, we followed a hurricane back to port. Boy was that ship rocking and rolling. At night I could hear the hangers in the closet banging the walls. I ended up taking them off the rack. We missed Key West, but the captain kept us safe. Oh, if you needed to walk you had better have a cocktail or 2. There was no way to walk straight!

My scariest moment was on the Norwegian Spirit last September sailing back to NY. I traveled on the cruise with my entire family but it was just me and my daughter in our cabin (she was 2 at the time). We had a balcony on deck 9 about 10pm the captain made an announcement that all the evening shows and bars would be closed. He announced that we would be entering a severe storm. Luckily my little one was fast asleep on the bed but by 11pm the waves were up to our balcony and everything fell off the shelves including the tv. THANK GOD she did not wake up. I just remember lying on the bed watching the room violently move up and down praying she would not wake up. Luckily she didn't. But that was the worst seas I ever encountered. The next morning the crew was still cleaning up from people getting sick all over the ship. It was pretty bad.

On my first cruise, on the 1st day. embarkation day, we were on the Lido deck eatting some lunchie lunchie.. yummy. the floor started to shake.. we were still in port. it was the motors afteralls. . I was thinking ***** whats that?

Get this my first bill on my first cruise was higher than my 2nd cruise bill. lol my younger brother was with me on the 2nd cruise.. I paid all of his expenses lol It sounds like i m cheap, and it is all about ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME

Whats the scariest thing to happen while you were on a cruise?

On one of our cruises, dont remember which one, a helicopter (coast guard) Picked someone up in a gurney to bring to a hospital.. I recall they had a heartattack...

It was on the way to Bermuda~~

I drank them out of "BUD LIGHT"........:eek: :eek: All they had left were skunky beers from Canada......:( ;)

I was on the Imagination week before Xmas almost 4 years ago. Near Grand Cayman. Seas had been sooo rough all night we were all sick even the room stewards were sick everyone was stomack sick everywhere ship was just rocking and rolling. Halls were empty - no one was at dinner. Bottles of liquor were falling off the store shelves. It was 4am and they sounded the general alarm. Let me tell you it blasts thru the speaker over your bed and keeps on blaring. I literally fell out of bed.Then they start saying MAN OVERBOARD MAN OVERBOARD. I looked aroung and My darn husband wasn't in the room. Talk about terror I was terrified. They started banging on the door trying to count everyone - room stewards were in a tizzy. SCARIEST MOMENT OF MY LIFE. Thank goodness he hurried back in the room. He is a night owl and was up on deck watching what he says were 25 foot waves. We then found out kids had thrown a wheelchair overboard and thats what had started the whole thing. No one had gone overboard. That morning when we got on Grand Cayman we found out it had been the day of the Tsunami. We always wondered if the storm and high waves were related. Crew says it wasn't.

I'm sitting in the ship's theater, minding my own business, not bothering any body, waiting for the show to begin when all of a sudden several of the dancers coming running into the audience. I turn my head and try to look invisible when sure enough, I get the tap and the pretty smile. "Sir, could you come up on the stage with us, we need several fellows to help us in our routine. Shaking with fear, I need to make that fateful decision. Do I go? Now that's scary!!!!! ................................. Sure I went! You think I am going to pass up an offer like that? That was the beginning of my show biz career and now I sit in the front row of every cruise show waiting for the tap.

How can being on a cruise alone be scary ? I love traveling alone .

Traveling alone is fine if that is the original plan. As a woman alone and a few thousand miles from home and unsure if I can get back with my roomie who has my airline tickets.....

Kinda scary!!!

I don't know if it is SCARY, but my friend and I had an inside cabin and I woke up the first night and it was pitch black. I don't know why but I thought someone threw me into a hole. So I stood up in the bed knocking on the wall and ceiling yelling "Let me out". Then my friend turned on the light. It instantly dawned on me where I was.:o I just said, "nightmare." Laid back down and went to sleep.

I know now for my next cruise in February, I'm taking a night light.

Another 'whaaaaa?" moment was the last night at dinner when the ship pitched 30+ degrees. I should never watch Posieden again.:D

Age 6.

Breaking the rules on the Queen Mary.

Being blown across the lido in gale force winds and rain and as I was just going over the railing being yanked from behind and pulled back on deck.

I am 52 today but still remember seeing the sea coming up to engulf me.

Thank goodness and God bless the crew member that most assuredly saved my life.

Sorry that I don't have a funny remark to make but it was not only stupid but scary. I obey the rules and regulations while on board now.

you win!!! Wow!

My scariest event is always getting throw off the ship when the cruise is over!!! I've never been on a cruise that was long enough.

Several years ago we took a 3 day cruise to the Bahamas. We stopped at a small private island owned by NCL and took a tender boat to the island. A storm started coming in so we took one of the tenders back to the ship to shower and rest. I laid down and a short time later I heard a very loud sound. Looked out the window and saw we were now a long way from the small island and the waves were BIG around us. The noise I heard was the ships huge anchor chain being pulled along the ocean floor causing sparks to fly from the side of the ship. Approx 100 plus people were still on the small private island and the tender boat got pushed up onto the sand beach from the big waives. The people had to help push the tender boat off of the beach so they could be brought back to the ship. Iif all this wasnt enough our ship had to send some of our divers out in a small boat to help resque a couple of divers from a nearby ship who had been out checking their ships hull when the storm rolled in. All ended well but for a while things got really scarry and the waves were BIG around us. The good news was the Captian gave everyone free champaign that night with supper as an apoligy for a bad day.

Last May we took our first cruise on the Celebration. On one of the days at sea during lunch time, a storm suddenly came upon us. The ship listed so bad that people sitting at tables on the lido deck, slid about 5 feet. Plates crashed to the floor. I was standing when this happened. I was near a pole and held tight. I was near a bar also. I watched the crew put their arms out to hold the liquor bottles in place. Since this was my first cruise, I figured I would watch crew members to see their reaction to tell if this was normal. I could tell by their body language and faces that they were scared. I was scared. Not a pleasant experience for my first cruise.

Whats the scariest thing to happen while you were on a cruise?

On one of our cruises, dont remember which one, a helicopter (coast guard) Picked someone up in a gurney to bring to a hospital.. I recall they had a heartattack...

It was on the way to Bermuda~~

I once saw a really fat lady up by the pool with stretched out tattoos

I got sunburned horribly on my feet and ankles in Cozumel. When I woke up the next morning it took me an hour to put my feet flat on the floor. I was so worried that I would not be able to walk off the ship the next day when we arrived back at port. I was able to walk the next day...but I had some beautiful blisters.

Just me and my 10yr old son on his first cruise. We're in the dining room when he says he has to go to the bathroom. He knew the bathrooms were just outside the dining room doors. 20 minutes later, he's not back. 30 minutes.........I have to leave since they're getting ready for the next seating. I go out to the restrooms. I ask a man going in there to check if my son is in there. He comes back and says, no kids in there.

I call the pursers desk, they ring the room, no answer. I go to the room, he's not there. Just as I'm really starting to panic, the phone rings. He's at the pursers desk and they decide to see if I'm in the room.

He comes back to the room and tells me that the bathroom by the dining room was dirty, so he decided to go to our room. The elevators were slow, so he took the stairs (we were on the Riviera deck). By the time he's done and comes back to the dining room there are different people at our table, so he goes back to the room. Finally he goes to the pursers desk to find out what to do.

After that, we decided that if we ever got separated on the ship again, we should both go to the room and wait.

I was in a complete panic for a few minutes and all I could think was that some pervert took him from the bathroom and would toss him overboard when they were done with him. Somehow I managed to calm down between the phone call from the pursers desk and his walk back to the cabin from there.

We leave on another cruise next Thursday (Fascination) and I plan to remind him that if he decides to change where he's going from what he's told me, he needs to communicate that before he does it!

Archived