How do you really feel about formal nights?

MercedMike

How do you really feel about Formal Nights?  

610 members have voted

1. 1. How do you really feel about Formal Nights?

• Hate it and wish they'd do away with it.
    • Don't dress up and it makes me feel a little out of place.
    • Don't dress up, but it doesn't bother me.
    • Dress up because I'm supposed to, but would rather not.
    • Enjoy dressing for it and don't care what others do.
    • Love it and wish everyone would dress up, but don't let it bother me.
    • Wish they would enforce the formal dress code.

Sweet cheeks?

( hammybee blushes, just a little)

He loved that, and enjoyed all of the other playful give-and-take that he had with me and several other people on the board. What he didn't enjoy was being told that if he didn't share the POV of a questioner he was not welcome to express an opinion ... and that, if he did dare to share an opinion, what he was really doing was advocating for his own self-interest. He says he knew what he was posting, and why he would offer suggestions, and didn't need words being put into his mouth or, as he put it, "intentions into his soul."

Dave can be, by his own admission, somewhat thin-skinned when it comes to insinuations being made about his intention. I understand that, but given how often it happens to me I don't take it the way he did. He took umbrage at it.

I also suspect that other things are going on in his real-life, and that the added pressure of posting here is more than he wanted to face.

Excuse me. Once again, I am confused. If David is upset with whatever was written on the board, why isn't David the one posting why he is upset or staying away, or whatever he wishes? I reread a couple pages and don't see anything that is so offensive?

Excuse me. Once again, I am confused. If David is upset with whatever was written on the board, why isn't David the one posting why he is upset or staying away, or whatever he wishes? I reread a couple pages and don't see anything that is so offensive?

That's a good question. I'll ask him.

Remember ... he was a lurker for a long time.

In some ways, this sequence of posts should be posted on the thread that deals with why people don't post more.

He is probably a very sensitive person...maybe you didn't find anything offensive, but he sure did.

Wow! Another thread hijacked!

I should have known better than to even mention "formal" in a topic!

>:-)

POLL: Do you think "chair hogs" can be forgiven if they are wearing formal wear and smoking while their kids visit the hot tub in the swim diapers that they smuggled booze aboard in?

::crawling into hole and pulling on lid ::

Wow! Another thread hijacked!

I should have known better than to even mention "formal" in a topic!

>:-)

POLL: Do you think "chair hogs" can be forgiven if they are wearing formal wear and smoking while their kids visit the hot tub in the swim diapers that they smuggled booze aboard in?

::crawling into hole and pulling on lid ::

What were you thinking?

As far as "forgiving" the chairhogs, maybe that should be discussed on a new thread. In my subjective opinion, they should be forgiven as long as they tip well enough. Now, I've forgotten, how much are you "supposed" to tip?:eek:

..........POLL: Do you think "chair hogs" can be forgiven if they are wearing formal wear and smoking while their kids visit the hot tub in the swim diapers that they smuggled booze aboard ?...........

Question: Are the "hogs" going in the hot tub while wearing their formal wear?

I hope Dave comes back. He has a quick wit; almost as funny as Copper-10 and Brian (and, of course the Rev). Sure, there are some folks who should re-read their posts with an ear to politeness/gentleness/sensitivity before hitting that button, but after awhile you learn who they are. These boards should not be taken personally, unless you receive a compliment!

Top Ten Reasons this Thread is making me Drink !

1. I hate to dress up ! Don't care what you say dress clothes are expensive. Check out designer diapers lately ?

2. I do dress up, I still hate it ! No matter what material I buy, I still get too hot in the dining room. And dancing with the waiters doesn't help.

3. I bring my clothes on the plane in paper bags and plastic sacks. From Target. They have the sturdiest bags and there logo is chic.

4. I can afford to sail on HAL and will eat in the loo if I want to...dressed in formal wear of course.

5. Anyone that doesn't agree with me should paddle their own canoe down the Kaw river. Again in Formal clothes.

6. If you don't keep those damun Formal clothes on all evening I am going to have a grand hissy fit in the atrium at 10 p.m. Sharp. Yelling and clapping along will be appreciated.

7. Nan, if you are going to pig out in your stateroom , you could at least ask Pat and I to join you. We will still wear our formal clothes but Pat will enjoy the sight of you in your nightie.

8. The Boomers are coming up fast with cash and attitude,so be prepared ...they will change the way you dress.

9. Have not tried the Formal clothes in the hot tubs but damum that may save on dry cleaning. Thanks for the tip.

And the top 10 reason is we have been sailing on the lower tier Princess for the last three cruises and golly on The Connie next April in Europe...

So Am I on the wrong board ? :D

And What are you gonna do about it ? Call A Copper :D :D

7. Nan, if you are going to pig out in your stateroom , you could at least ask Pat and I to join you. We will still wear our formal clothes but Pat will enjoy the sight of you in your nightie.

Hi, D. :D

Cute post, my love!

But..... nope! When the 4 of us DO get together, we'll have a Pajama Party on Formal Night! :p

I guess I over-reacted to what I read from the bickerer. I still felt like he was telling me that if I didnt agree with a parties Point-Of-View I shouldnt post my opinion, and I just think thats flat out wrong. I also didnt like being told what my motivation was when I know perfectly well what my motivations are when being helpful. Some may be self-serving, but I am not.

Thank you, Reverend Greg, for your very kind defense. I didnt intend for you to do that when I e-mailed you, but I appreciate it greatly. Your one of the kindest men I know, and the only clergyman I know who doesnt think Im going to hell. For that if nothing else, thank you.

Glad you're back, David..... sincerely. :) (I didn't think that my "sweetcheeks" reference freaked you out. ;)

I'll bet that Ruthie would LOVE some chocolates!

****edited to say..... the Rev. mentioned that you were having a tough way to go (personal life stuff) in his original post... hope all has perked up, handsome. :)

Archived